- India has asked state-run companies to increase natural gas imports in response to expectations of higher electricity demand next summer, with the aim of avoiding a repeat of April’s worst power crisis.
- US: The trade deficit widened for two consecutive months. The data released by the US Department of Commerce on December 6 showed that due to weak exports, the US trade deficit in goods and services rose 5.4% month-on-month to US$78.2 billion in October, expanding for two consecutive months. Among them, the U.S. goods trade deficit in October increased by US$6.1 billion to US$99.6 billion from the previous month, and the service trade surplus increased by US$2.1 billion to US$21.4 billion.
- Russia: In 2022, the export of agricultural products will increase by 14% year-on-year. According to recent news from the official website of the Russian Ministry of Agriculture, Russian Deputy Minister of Agriculture Levin said that in 2022, the export of Russian agricultural products will increase by 14% year-on-year, of which, exports of oil and fat products increased by 30%, dairy and meat products increased by 18%, grain increased by 12%, and other agricultural products increased by 25%.
- South Korea: The FTA(自由贸易协定) and CEPA (全面经济伙伴协定)signed with Cambodia and Indonesia will come into effect soon. According to a recent report by Yonhap News Agency, the Free Trade Agreement (FTA) signed between South Korea and Cambodia will come into force this month, and the Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement (CEPA) with Indonesia will come into force next year. After the FTA of South Korea and Cambodia takes effect, the two countries will cancel 95.6% and 93.8% of the tariffs respectively; after the CEPA of South Korea and Indonesia takes effect, the two countries will cancel 95.5% and 93.0% of the tariffs respectively.
- The head of Mexico’s national auto parts group announced that this year Mexico’s auto parts production may reach a record high of nearly 107 billion US dollars, an increase of nearly 13% over last year. Mexico’s massive auto manufacturing and auto parts industry is the main driver of the country’s manufacturing sector, which is highly integrated into the supply chains of the United States and Canada.
- TrendForce: As countries actively invest in the procurement, deployment, and R&D of military drones, it is estimated that the global military drone market is expected to grow from US$16.5 billion to US$34.3 billion from 2022 to 2025, with a compound annual growth rate of 27.6%. Military UAVs can not only exert powerful asymmetric combat power, but also require less time for combat preparation, preparation, and attack than traditional strike weapons such as fighter planes and tanks, and the time spent in the air is several times longer than that of ordinary fighter planes.
- EU: New drone regulations pave the way for large-scale commercial use. The EU transport commissioner said that by 2030, the European drone service market will reach a market value of 14.5 billion euros and create 145,000 jobs.
- Tuniu Travel.com: As of the release of the “New Ten Articles” on December 7, the order volume of Tuniu Travel.com in the past 7 days has increased by 72% from the previous 7 days. Among them, the order volume of packaged tourism products has increased by 78% from the previous month. Hotels, train tickets, Orders for single-resource products such as air tickets increased by 81%, 68% and 56% month-on-month. Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, and Beijing rank even higher in order volume.
- TrendForce: In the third quarter, the total global smartphone production reached 289 million units, a decrease of 0.9% quarter-on-quarter and an 11% year-on-year decrease.
- As of 12:00 am on December 7, the popularity of travel searches in 2023 on the Ctrip platform this week has increased by more than 900% compared with the same period last year.
- General Administration of Customs: In November, the total value of imports and exports was 3.72 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 20.5%. Among them, exports were 2.09 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.6%; imports were 1.63 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 26%; trade surplus was 460.68 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 7.7%. From January to November, the total value of imports and exports was 35.39 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22%. Among them, exports were 19.58 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 21.8%; imports were 15.81 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.2%; trade surplus was 3.77 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 20.1%. ASEAN, the European Union, the United States and Japan are my country’s top four trading partners, with imports and exports of 5.11 trillion yuan, 4.84 trillion yuan, 4.41 trillion yuan and 2.2 trillion yuan respectively; an increase of 20.6%, 20%, 21.1% and 10.7% respectively.
- Road investment increased by 9.6% year-on-year, and port cargo throughput achieved positive growth. According to data recently released by the Ministry of Transport, from January to October this year, China completed 2,466.5 billion yuan in fixed asset investment in road and waterway transportation, a year-on-year increase of 9.5%. Among them, road investment was 2,336.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.6%; inland river investment was 63.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.2%; coastal investment was 65.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 8.2%. In addition, port cargo throughput and waterway freight volume both achieved positive growth.
- Lighthouse灯塔数据: As of 18:00 on December 7, the total pre-sale box office of “Avatar 2: The Way of Water（阿凡达2:水之道）” was 11.1 million yuan, exceeding 10 million yuan. Among them, the pre-sale box office on the first day was 4.42 million yuan, and the number of films scheduled for the first day of release was as high as 66,000. Ticket prices range from 30 yuan to 230 yuan, and most of them are in the range of 40 yuan to 80 yuan. In addition, industry organizations including the Film Information Office forecast the film’s total box office at 2.7 billion to 3.125 billion yuan.
- Sunwoda（欣旺达电子股份有限公司）: signed a strategic cooperation agreement with Yichun Municipal Government on December 7. The total investment is expected to be 16.5 billion yuan, and projects such as lithium salt, lithium battery materials, and lithium battery recycling will be built in Yichun City in phases. Jointly build an industrial chain system from lithium carbonate production, key materials of lithium batteries to recycling of lithium batteries. The next step will be to gradually expand production capacity in Zaozhuang to 100GWh according to development needs.
- Shanghai Disneyland: It reopened on December 8, marking the full resumption of operations of Shanghai Disney Resort. On December 8, Shanghai Disneyland will operate from 8:30-20:00.
- Tokyo Metro and Osaka Municipal Tram recently announced adjustments to fares and reduction of seats in order to solve operational problems caused by rising costs. At the same time, even Japan’s major private railways connecting urban and suburban areas have announced plans to increase fares to at least 17%. This is the first time in 28 years that Japan’s major railway companies have raised prices since the consumption tax was raised.
- World Bank: High debt levels may put pressure on developing countries amid global economic slowdown. By the end of 2021, developing countries owed about $9.3 trillion in external debt, more than double the amount in 2010.
- The National Tax Service of South Korea: In 2021, the average pre-tax annual salary of Korean working-class workers will be 40.24 million won, and the number of people with an annual salary of more than 100 million won will exceed 1 million for the first time. Last year, 19.959 million people completed the final settlement of personal income tax, a year-on-year increase of 2.4%, and their wages totaled 803.2086 trillion won.
- Kazakhstan: Raise the benchmark interest rate to 16.75%.
- Brazil: The economy grew by 3.6% year-on-year in the third quarter.