- Synthetic warp-knitted fabrics(合成纤维经编针织织物): Argentina launched an anti-dumping investigation. Recently, the Argentine Ministry of Economy issued an announcement to launch an anti-dumping investigation on synthetic fiber warp-knitted fabrics originating in China at the request of the Argentine company GABOR S.A.I.C. This case involves products under Mercosur’s tax codes 6002.40.20 and 6307.90.90.
- The Group of Seven, Australia and the European Union have set a price cap of US$60 per barrel on crude oil exported by sea from Russia, which will take effect on December 5. With an adjustment mechanism, this price ceiling is 5% lower than the market price.
- Uruguay: formally submitted an application to join the CPTPP.
- Russia: Increase the export quota of nitrogen fertilizer, including 400,000 tons of urea, 200,000 tons of ammonium nitrate, and 150,000 tons of urea ammonium nitrate mixture. .
- Thailand and Laos: Fruits go directly to China on the China-Laos Railway.
- EU-Vietnam: EVFTA (Free Trade Agreement) has a positive impact on Vietnam-EU trade. Since EVFTA took effect, from August 2020 to July 2022,Vietnam’s exports to the EU market have reached US$83.4 billion, with an average annual export value of US$41.7 billion, an increase of 24% compared with the average export value in 2016-2019, enjoying EVFTA The proportion of export goods subject to preferential tariff policies rose from 14.8% in 2020 to 24.5% in June this year. Many Vietnamese export products have achieved relatively large growth, such as steel increased by 739%, cameras, video cameras and accessories increased by 260%, and machinery and equipment increased by 82.3%.
- Brazil: The foreign trade surplus in November this year hit the highest level in the same period of history. According to data recently released by the Brazilian Ministry of Economy, in November this year, Brazil’s foreign trade achieved a surplus of 6.68 billion US dollars, higher than the deficit of 1.1 billion US dollars in the same period last year, setting a record for the same period in history. In the first 11 months of this year, the destination countries (regions) of Brazilian product exports were: China 84.81 billion US dollars, the EU 47.29 billion US dollars, the United States 33.85 billion US dollars and Argentina 14.36 billion US dollars; the main source countries (regions) of imported goods were: China 56.8 billion US dollars U.S. dollars, U.S. $47.46 billion, EU $40.27 billion and Argentina $12.12 billion.
- China’s service trade in the first 10 months increased by 17.2% year-on-year. A few days ago, the Ministry of Commerce released data that from January to October this year, China’s total service import and export volume was 4,918.55 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 17.2%. Among them, service exports were 2,358.15 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 18.1%; imports were 2,560.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.4%.
- In 2022, more than 1,500 trains will be operated on the Yiwu platform of the Yixin-Europe China Railway Express. This year, the total shipments will be 124,000 TEUs, a year-on-year increase of 26%, and the return trains will increase by 135.3% year-on-year.
- Cargo throughput at the port of Hong Kong, China, fell by 11.1% year-on-year to 49.3 million tons. Among them, cargo arriving at ports and cargo departing from ports decreased by 11.3% and 10.7% year-on-year, respectively, to 30.7 million tons and 18.6 million tons.
- Japan’s hydrogen procurement cost is expected to reach $2.85 per kilogram by 2050, which is 2.3 times that of the United States.
- SNE Research: In October, the global installed capacity of electric vehicle batteries reached 48GWh, a year-on-year increase of 73.6%, maintaining steady growth for 28 consecutive months. Two Chinese manufacturers, CATL(宁德时代） and BYD（比亚迪）, lead the entire power battery industry, with installed capacity reaching 18.1GWh and 7.8GWh, respectively, and occupying market shares of 37.6% and 16.2%, respectively.
- Canalys: In the third quarter, U.S. shipments of desktops, notebooks, and workstations fell 12% year-on-year to 17.8 million units.
- Recently, coal traders’ quotations stopped falling and rebounded. As of December 2, the market price of Qingang 5,500 kcal thermal coal was 1,350 yuan/ton, a month-on-month increase of 5.47%. It is expected that the fourth quarter of this year will be the peak season for coal consumption.
- China Textile Industry Federation: From January to October, the industrial added value of textile enterprises above designated size decreased by 0.9% year-on-year, operating income was 4,283.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1.6%; total profit was 152.6 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 25.1%; chemical fiber production increased by 0.3% year-on-year %. The average number of employees in the industry was 5.5 million, a decrease of 4.0% over the same period of the previous year.
- According to PV InfoLink data, on November 24, the average price of dense polysilicon materials dropped for the first time this year, with a quotation of 302,000 yuan/ton, a week-on-week decrease of 0.3%. On November 30, the average price of polysilicon dropped again, showing a week-on-week drop of 2.3%, and the decline further expanded.
- In the first 10 months, enterprises above designated size in China’s light industry achieved operating income of 19.37 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.7%.
- In November, the Caixin service industry PMI was 46.7, down 1.7 percentage points from October, below the critical point for three consecutive months, and a new low since June.
- In the past week, the average price of air tickets has increased by 30% week-on-week to 750 yuan, which is about 16% higher than the average price during the National Day Golden Week this year. In terms of popular routes, the top-ranked domestic flight segments booked in the past week mainly include Hangzhou-Guiyang, Shanghai-Kunming, Shenzhen-Shanghai, Hangzhou-Kunming, etc.
- Wal-Mart’s “Black Friday” search volume exceeds 1 billion times, ranking first. Recently, according to Captify’s data, Wal-Mart is the most searched shopping website on Black Friday among American online shoppers during Black Friday, while Amazon has dropped from the first place last year to the fourth place this year. Data shows that American consumers searched for Wal-Mart’s Black Friday discounted products more than 1 billion times, a year-on-year increase of 386%.
- SHEIN has become the most popular fashion brand in the world. SHEIN has replaced Zara as the most searched fashion retailer in the world recently, according to keyword data analyzed by price comparison site Money.co.uk. Launched in 2012, the brand is the most searched retailer in 113 countries, with leading positions in Africa, South America, Australia and Oceania.
- Tesla: In November, the Shanghai Gigafactory delivered 100,300 vehicles, another monthly delivery record. From January to November, a total of more than 650,000 vehicles were delivered.
- Naixue’s Tea(奈雪の茶): Signed an investment agreement of 525 million yuan with Lele Tea. After the transaction is completed, it will become the controlling shareholder of Lele Tea, holding 43.64% of the shares. Based on this calculation, the valuation of Lele Tea is 1.2 billion yuan.
- Kroger（克罗格） reported results, with sales up 7.3% year-over-year.
- Many investment banks around the world plan to cut nearly 30% of their year-end bonuses.
- Korea International Trade Association: South Korea’s exports are expected to decline by 4.0% in 2023 after rising 7.1% to a record US$690 billion in 2022 due to weak IT demand, lower oil prices and delays in the global economic recovery.
- Slovakia: Excess profits of energy companies will be taxed. According to the draft amendment to the Energy Law recently approved by the Slovakian government, energy producers and energy suppliers with an installed capacity of more than 0.9 megawatts should pay taxes on excess income. According to different energy types, the market revenue ceiling for the sale of one megawatt-hour of electricity will be determined by the government in the range of 50 to 250 euros, and the tax amount will be 90% of the excess revenue, and the tax period will be from December 1, 2022 to 2024 December 31.
- Japan’s industrial output fell 2.6% month-on-month in October, mainly due to stagnant global demand for industrial products such as semiconductors and lingering supply bottlenecks, which limited Japanese manufacturers’ production plans.
- Inflation in Zimbabwe fell to 1.8% month-on-month in November.
Leave A Comment