- Italy: Italy has a grape planting area of 650,000 hectares, a total of 200,000 planting companies and 35,000 wineries, with an annual output value of about 15 billion euros. The latest forecast shows that wine production will reach 5 billion liters this year, but the average cost of wine per bottle will increase by 35% compared to last year.
- Zheshang Securities(浙商证券): The global eyewear market is growing steadily, and the Chinese market has a higher growth rate. In the global market, the market size of eyewear products increased from US$108.4 billion to US$138 billion in 2007-2019, with a CAGR of 2.03%; and with the increase in per capita spending on eyewear products, the global scale is expected to grow to US$169.7 billion in 2026 (CAGR 21 -265.71%); the market size of eyewear products in the Chinese market increased from 22.5 billion yuan to 89.45 billion yuan in 2007-2019, with a CAGR of 12.18%; it is expected that the domestic market will exceed 120.4 billion yuan in 2026 (CAGR21-26 is 5.99%). China’s eyewear market is fragmented, with international brands performing strongly. In 2020, the top three brands in China’s eyewear market are all international brands, namely Essilor Lucentica, VSP Global, and Carl Zeiss, with market shares of 16.3%, 2.7%, and 2.3%, respectively, and CR3 of 21.3%.
- EAS(东亚前海证券): From the perspective of the orthokeratology lens industry chain, the terminal value accounts for a relatively high proportion. The upstream of the orthokeratology lens industry chain includes lens materials and production equipment, etc. OK lens lenses have high requirements on the oxygen permeability coefficient and biomechanical properties of the materials. At present, China’s OK lens materials mainly come from Bausch & Lomb, Paragon and Contamac. Bo Medical’s self-made lens materials have been approved, and all self-produced replacements have been completed. The midstream of the industry chain is the R&D and manufacturer of OK mirrors. NMPA has approved a total of 12 types of OK mirror registration certificates, including 6 domestic products, belonging to 5 companies (Aibo Medical, OPCOM, Tianjin Shijiada, Taiwan Hengtai). , Taiwan Eagle Vision). The downstream of the industry chain is the ophthalmology and optometry centers of public hospitals or private hospitals, among which private hospitals account for 70%. The situation of prevention and control of myopia among teenagers is severe, and the penetration rate of OK mirrors still has a lot of room for improvement. In 2022, the market size of China’s orthokeratology lens is expected to reach 2.73 billion yuan, and further increase to 4.68 billion yuan in 2025, with an average annual compound growth rate of 20%.
- Canalys: 70 million smartphones were shipped in mainland China in the third quarter, down 11% year-on-year. Vivo’s shipments of 14.1 million units ranked first in the market; OPPO’s shipments reached 12.1 million units, rising to second place. Affected by the lack of new product releases, Honor slipped to the third place in the market, shipping 12 million units. Apple came in fourth with 11.3 million units shipped. Xiaomi shipped 9 million units and ranked fifth.
- Post Office: From January to September, the total business revenue of the postal industry has reached 995.10 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 7.2%; the postal industry’s total delivery business volume has completed 101.31 billion pieces, a year-on-year increase of 5.2%. In September, the business revenue of the whole industry reached 115.92 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.1%; the postal delivery business volume reached 12.05 billion pieces, a year-on-year increase of 2.8%.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: From January to September, the national shipbuilding completion volume was 27.8 million DWT, a year-on-year decrease of 8.4%; the new ship orders received were 32.45 million DWT, a year-on-year decrease of 40.1%. As of the end of September, the number of ship orders in hand was 102.56 million deadweight tons, an increase of 11.0% year-on-year.
- Ministry of Ecology and Environment: Release the 2022 Annual Report on China’s Policies and Actions on Climate Change. In 2021, China’s carbon dioxide emissions per unit of GDP will decrease by 3.8% compared with 2020, and a cumulative decrease of 50.8% compared with 2005. The proportion of non-fossil energy in primary energy consumption will reach 16.6%, and the total installed capacity of wind power and solar power will reach 635 million kilowatts. Coal consumption per unit of GDP has been significantly reduced, and forest coverage and stock volume have achieved “double growth” for 30 consecutive years.
DWT = Deadweight tonnage or tons deadweight (DWT) is a measure of how much weight a ship can carry. DWT is a measurement of total contents of a ship including cargo, fuel, crew, passengers, food, and water aside from boiler water.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to September, the total profits of industrial enterprises above designated size nationwide were 6,244.18 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 2.3%. Industrial enterprises above designated size achieved operating income of 100.17 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 8.2%. At the end of September, the assets of industrial enterprises above designated size totaled 152.64 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.5%. The asset-liability ratio was 56.8%, a year-on-year increase of 0.2 percentage points.
- Ministry of Commerce: From January to September, China’s foreign non-financial direct investment was 567.19 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 8.5%. The non-financial direct investment in countries along the “Belt and Road” reached US$15.65 billion, a year-on-year increase of 5.2%. Features include an increase in investment in manufacturing, wholesale and retail, and construction.
- Ministry of Commerce: From January to September, the actual use of foreign capital nationwide was 1,003.76 billion yuan, up 15.6% year-on-year on a comparable basis. The actual use of foreign capital in the service industry was 741.43 billion yuan, an increase of 6.7%. The actual use of foreign capital in the high-tech industry increased by 32.3%, of which the high-tech manufacturing industry increased by 48.6%, and the high-tech service industry increased by 27.9%.
- Hunan Provincial Department of Water Resources: Affected by long-term high temperature and little rain, the province’s regional meteorological drought process ranked first among 142 processes since 1961. On October 25, all 122 counties and urban areas in Hunan experienced severe drought, 108 counties and urban areas were extremely dry, 101 counties and urban areas suffered continuous severe drought for more than 40 days, and Xinshao had a maximum of 78 days, with moderate and severe droughts. Severe and extremely severe hydrological droughts accounted for 99%, 94% and 68% of the province’s area, respectively. At present, the safety of urban water supply in Hunan Province is under control. Some people in 81 counties and urban areas of 14 cities and prefectures have difficulty in drinking water due to drought, and have already ensured water supply.
- Huawei: Released the “White Paper on Low-Carbon Smart County Area Solutions”. According to estimates, the development potential of China’s distributed photovoltaic technology in 2025 will be 1.49 billion kilowatts, of which rural and urban housing rooftop photovoltaics and industrial and mining plants will total 1.33 billion kilowatts, accounting for 1.33 billion kilowatts of technology. 89% of the total potential can be developed.
- Huawei: In the first three quarters, the sales revenue was 445.8 billion yuan, which was the same as the same period last year, and the profit margin of the main business was 6.1%, which was a sharp drop from the same period last year. The downward trend of terminal business continued to slow down, while the ICT infrastructure business maintained steady growth.
- Samsung Electronics: Net profit in the third quarter was 9.14 trillion won, a year-on-year decrease of 24%, and an estimated 9.43 trillion won; operating profit was 10.85 trillion won, a year-on-year decrease of 31%, an estimated 12.05 trillion won; sales were 76.78 trillion won , an increase of 3.8% year-on-year, and an estimated 78.04 trillion won.
- U.S. real estate website Zillow: It has laid off about 300 people and shifted its focus to technology-related positions in the company.
- United States: The initial value of GDP in the third quarter was 2.6%, the highest since the fourth quarter of 2021, and it recorded negative growth for two consecutive quarters. It was estimated to be 2.4%, and the previous value was -0.6%.
- Japan: The Japanese government may allocate more than 29 trillion yen to support its economy, NHK reported. Details of the new package of economic support measures are expected to be officially announced on October 28.
- Credit Suisse: Net loss of 4.03 billion Swiss francs in the third quarter.
- South Korea’s Ministry of Defense: In the first nine months of this year, the export value of military industry reached 13 billion US dollars, four times the average annual export value before 2020.