- Shopee Singapore site will be subject to 8% GST. Recently, Shopee released a notice on the Singapore site. Starting from January 1, 2023, the site will import low-value goods purchased from local individual buyers (referring to all goods arriving in Singapore by air/mail from overseas, and the price is Goods of S$400 or less) are subject to 8% Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- COSCO Shipping: Germany approved COSCO to take a 24.9% stake in the Port of Hamburg.
- CMA CGM has announced a new $500 overweight surcharge. Recently, CMA CGM announced a new surcharge. French shipping companies will impose an overweight surcharge of $500 per TEU on shipments with a gross container weight of 20 tonnes or more from the Indian subcontinent, the Middle East Gulf, the Red Sea and Egypt to the US East Coast, US Gulf and Canada East Coast.
- Shanghai Steel Federation: On October 26, the quotations of some lithium battery materials rose, battery-grade lithium carbonate rose by 5,000 yuan / ton, the average price was 552,500 yuan / ton, and industrial-grade lithium carbonate rose by 5,000 yuan / ton, and the average price was 539,000 yuan / ton, continued to hit a record high; lithium hydroxide rose by 2,000 yuan / ton; metal lithium rose by 5,000 yuan / ton.
- CAICT(信通院): In August, the domestic market shipped 18.979 million mobile phones, a year-on-year decrease of 21.9%. Among them, 5G mobile phones were 14.268 million, a year-on-year decrease of 19.3%, accounting for 75.2% of the mobile phone shipments in the same period. From January to August, the total shipments of mobile phones in the domestic market totaled 175 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 22.9%. Among them, 5G mobile phone shipments were 138 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 17.9%, accounting for 78.9% of the mobile phone shipments in the same period.
- IDC: From the fourth quarter of 2021 to the second quarter of 2022, the cumulative shipment of China’s learning tablet market is nearly 4 million units, an increase of 18% over the same period last year. Among them, the market share of Xiaodu learning machine ranks first in the Chinese learning machine tablet market.
- Civil Aviation Administration: In the third quarter, the industry completed 1.965 million hours of transport flights, a year-on-year decrease of 12.8%, and recovered to 61.8% of the same period in 2019; general aviation flight 370,000 hours, a year-on-year increase of 14.2%, an increase of 26.5% over the same period in 2019. Domestic and foreign airlines arrange 840 passenger flights per week, that is, 420 round-trip flights, an increase of 105.9% compared with the 2021/22 winter and spring season; In the winter and spring seasons, the growth rate was 6.7%. The performance of passenger and cargo transportation on international routes was outstanding. In the third quarter, with the orderly recovery of international passenger flights, the passenger traffic volume on international routes rebounded significantly. A total of 537,000 passengers were completed in the third quarter, an increase of 73.3% over the second quarter and an increase of 36.3% over the same period last year; the demand for cargo and mail transportation on international routes remained relatively high. At a high level, a total of 639,000 tons were completed in the third quarter, an increase of 7.7% over the same period last year, and the scale of international freight transport was equivalent to 104.3% of the same period in 2019.
- Huachuang Securities( 华创证券): The total domestic passenger time increased by 2.2% year-on-year. International airlines have announced plans to increase international flights.
- Pumped storage industry branch: As of October 21, a total of 35 projects of pumped storage power stations have been approved during the “14th Five-Year Plan” period, with a total installed capacity of 45.098 million kilowatts and a total project investment of about 345.1 billion yuan. This year, 24 power stations have been approved, with a total installed capacity of 31.298 million kilowatts and an investment of about 255.3 billion yuan. In the first eight months, the approved installed capacity of pumped storage power stations was 16.7 million kilowatts, with an investment of over 110 billion yuan.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: In the first three quarters, China’s software business revenue was 7,476.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.8%, and the growth rate was the same as that in January-August. The total profit of the software industry was 793 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.7%, and the growth rate dropped by 0.9 percentage points from January to August. The export of software business was 39.1 billion US dollars, a year-on-year increase of 5.7%, and the growth rate increased by 0.9 percentage points from January to August.
- A few days ago, Apple launched an initiative on its official website, calling for the decarbonization of global supply chains by 2030. Almost all Chinese suppliers are already expanding the use of clean energy such as wind and solar energy, including 55 major Chinese production partners such as BOE A, Lens Technology, Sunwangda, and Luxshare, all of which have pledged to use 100% renewable energy. renewable energy. More than 200 Apple suppliers worldwide have joined this commitment.
- Meta shareholders propose pay cuts, limit metaverse spending.
- Hermès announced a price increase of between 5% and 10%.
- Microsoft: Revenue in the first quarter of fiscal 2023 was US$50.122 billion, a year-on-year increase of 11%; net profit was US$17.556 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 14%. In terms of cloud computing, the Intelligent Cloud segment achieved revenue of US$20.3 billion, a year-on-year increase of 20%. In the personal computer business, revenue was US$13.3 billion, up 3% year-on-year.
- Alphabet: Total revenue in the third quarter was US$69.092 billion, a year-on-year increase of 6%; net profit was US$13.910 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 26.5%. Advertising revenue totaled $61.377 billion, compared with $59.884 billion in the same period last year. Among them, YouTube advertising business revenue was 7.071 billion US dollars, compared with 7.205 billion US dollars in the same period last year.
- China Rare Earth Group(中国稀土集团): In the first three quarters, revenue was 3.169 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 58.21%; net profit was 368 million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 85.99%.
- EVE Lithium Energy(亿纬锂能): In the first three quarters, the revenue was 24.283 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 112.12%; the net profit was 2.666 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 20.3%.
- Sunnypol(三利谱): It is planned to jointly invest in the construction of a polarizer production line project with a width of 2520mm and a width of 1720mm in Huanggang City, Hubei Province. Construction in two phases. It is planned to jointly invest in the construction of optical film and polymer production line projects for liquid crystal displays in Guangshui City, Hubei Province. The project is expected to have a total investment of 520 million yuan and an estimated total annual output value of 2.2 billion yuan.
- Gotion Hi-Tech(国轩高科): It is planned to invest in the construction of a 20GWh power battery project with an annual output of Guoxuan New Station in Hefei Xinzhan High-tech Industrial Development Zone, Anhui Province. Production base, with a total investment of about 4.8 billion yuan.
- Amazon has announced a new payment method, Venmo.
- Recently, an independent research team of “unidentified aerial phenomena” formed by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) started work. This team has 16 members and has assembled experts in many fields such as physics and astrobiology. The study will only focus on unclassified sightings, which have now grown to 400 official records.
- U.S.: S&P Global said U.S. business activity shrank for a fourth straight month in October, with its U.S. Composite Purchasing Managers (PMI) index, which tracks manufacturing and services, falling to 47.3 in a preliminary reading from a final reading of 49.5 in September. The preliminary manufacturing PMI fell to 49.9 in October, the first time it has been below 50 since June 2020, compared with a forecast of 51.0 in a Reuters poll. The initial reading of the services PMI fell to 46.6.
- Japan: Japan’s trade deficit is as high as 11.75 trillion.
- Statistics Korea: The number of births in August decreased by 2.4% year-on-year to 21,758, setting a new low for the same month in the same month for 77 consecutive months. The crude birth rate of the number of newborns per thousand population is 5‰, which is also the lowest level. The cumulative number of newborns in the first 8 months was 170,337, a year-on-year decrease of 5.8%.
- Australian prices rose 7.3%, the fastest pace in 32 years. On the 26th, data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics showed that the Australian Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose by 7.3% year-on-year in the third quarter of this year, the highest level since 1990. The increase was mainly due to rising prices for new homes, natural gas, and furniture.
- The World Bank allocated $500 million in aid to Ukraine. Recently, the World Bank paid Ukraine $500 million to assist Ukraine’s “emergency spending” needs arising from the ongoing conflict. The president of the World Bank said the massive damage to Ukraine’s infrastructure, including water, sanitation and electricity networks, will further endanger the Ukrainian population as winter approaches.
- World Bank: Russia’s oil exports could fall by up to 2 million bpd due to EU embargo, insurance and shipping restrictions. After rising 60% in 2022, energy prices are expected to fall by 11% in 2023, but still 75% above the average of the past five years. Brent is expected to average $92/bbl in 2023, falling back to $80/bbl in 2024, but well above the five-year average of $60/bbl.
- IEA: The world is in the “first truly global energy crisis” and the current global energy market still needs energy from Russia to meet demand. Rising global energy prices are driving soaring prices for things like food and services in many parts of the world. Continued high energy prices and supply shortages will be a persistent risk for Europeans as the northern hemisphere enters winter.
- Singapore’s semiconductor production fell 8.4% year-on-year in September, the sharpest decline since the outbreak of the new crown epidemic. Singapore’s semiconductor manufacturing output has fallen for four consecutive months, turning a decline after rising 32.1% in May. Overall industrial production in Singapore rose 0.9% in September from a year earlier, but electronics production fell 7%, the third straight month of declines.
Leave A Comment