- Aluminium foil: The EU made the second anti-dumping sunset review final ruling. Recently, the European Commission issued an announcement to make the second anti-dumping sunset review affirmative final ruling on aluminum foil originating in China, and decided to continue to levy anti-dumping duties on Chinese products involved in the case (including avoidance products transshipped through Thailand), with a tax amount of 6.4~34.2% .
- Indonesia: 4 aquatic product manufacturers suspended exports to China. On March 15, the General Administration of Customs of China said that from now on, it will suspend the acceptance of import declarations for CV. SINAR TIRTA, PT. REMBANG SPORTINDO MANDIRI and PT. CENHONG FISHERINDO products from Indonesia for 1 week, and suspend the acceptance of import declarations for CV. JASUMA products from Indonesia for 2 weeks.
- Argentina announced to suspend the export of soybean meal and soybean oil. Recently, the Argentine government announced that it will immediately suspend the export license of soybean oil and soybean meal. Argentina is the world’s largest exporter of processed soy products, and the decision could further disrupt the world soybean market, which has been affected by the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, and push up prices again.
- Global: China topped the list of exports of electric vehicles last year. According to a recent report by the Nihon Keizai Shimbun, in 2021, China’s electric vehicle exports will more than double year-on-year, with a total of about 500,000 vehicles, ranking first in the world. It is reported that China’s electric vehicle export growth is mainly for Europe.
- Global package shipments will reach 157.9 billion in 2021. According to Statista tracking data for packages weighing up to 70 pounds (31.5kg) in 13 countries: 131.2 billion parcels shipped worldwide in 2020, 157.9 billion in 2021, and forecasts for 2026 to see a significant increase in global package shipments growth, reaching 266 billion pieces.
- Ministry of Commerce: Data released on March 15 shows that in the first two months of this year, China’s actual use of foreign capital reached 243.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 37.9%, the highest growth rate since April 2021.
- Civil Aviation Administration: In February, the total transportation turnover of the entire civil aviation industry increased by 22.6% year-on-year, which has recovered to 63.9% of the same period in 2019 before the epidemic, and the degree of recovery has increased by 2.9 percentage points from the previous month. Among them, passenger traffic recovered to 58.1% of the same period in 2019, a year-on-year increase of 30.7%, and the degree of recovery increased by 2.9 percentage points from the previous month.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to February, crude steel production was 157.96 million tons, down 10.0% year-on-year; raw coal production was 690 million tons, up 10.3% year-on-year; crude oil production was 33.47 million tons, up 4.6% year-on-year; natural gas production was 37.2 billion cubic meters, year-on-year An increase of 6.7%.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to February, the added value of industries above designated size increased by 7.5% year-on-year, and the growth rate was 3.2 percentage points higher than that in December 2021; the total retail sales of consumer goods was 7,442.6 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.7%; farmers) 5,076.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 12.2%. In February, the national urban surveyed unemployment rate was 5.5%, up 0.2 percentage points from the previous month.
- Energy Bureau: From January to February, the total electricity consumption of the whole society was 1,346.7 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 5.8%. In terms of different industries, the electricity consumption of the primary industry was 16.3 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 12.8%; the electricity consumption of the secondary industry was 841.3 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 3.4%; the electricity consumption of the tertiary industry was 248.8 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 7.2%.
- State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission: From January to February, central enterprises achieved operating income of 5.7 trillion yuan, total profit of 367.87 billion yuan, and net profit of 282.17 billion yuan, up 17.6%, 20.6%, and 20.4% year-on-year respectively. The quality of operation continued to improve, which was the first quarter “Good start” has laid a solid foundation.
- Six departments including the Health and Health Commission: issued the “Guiding Opinions on Promoting the High-Quality Development of Family Doctor Contracting Services”. Starting from 2022, on the basis of the existing service level, the coverage rate of contracted services for the whole population and key populations will increase by 1-3 percentage points every year. The coverage rate of contracted services for key groups has reached more than 85%.
- Tesla China: Some models of Model 3 and Model Y have raised prices again, ranging from 14,000 to 20,000 yuan. In addition, Tesla’s official US website shows that the price has been adjusted across the board, ranging from $2,000 to $12,500. Musk said Tesla and his rocket company SpaceX are facing huge inflationary pressures on raw materials and logistics.
- Pfizer’s new crown oral drug approved for free imitation. Recently, the United Nations-backed Medicines Patent Pool (MPP) organization plans to publish the list of generic drug companies approved to produce Pfizer’s new crown oral drug paxlovid. But due to manufacturing and regulatory reasons, some regions have to wait a year to get the drug.
- The record high of NTD decreased by 2.7%, and has remained above NTD 50 billion for 5 consecutive months.
- Lazada announces its 10th Anniversary Sale.
- More than 3 million Ukrainian refugees have fled the country, the UN refugee agency said.
- US: Affected by the conflict between Russia and Ukraine, crude oil prices soared in the international energy market. The average price of regular gasoline in the U.S. has continued to rise over the past few days, hitting a record high of $4.43 a gallon over the weekend. It was up 79 cents, or 22%, in two weeks. The current price is up $1.54 from a year ago.
- Germany: Bavaria plans to establish a chip design center.
- Kazakhstan prohibits carrying 10,000 yuan of foreign currency out of the country.