- Malaysia: The U.S. withholding order may cause a loss of about 5.4 billion yuan to Malaysian enterprises.. On March 2, the Malaysian Rubber Glove Manufacturers Association issued a statement saying that due to the suspension order (WRO) issued by the United States, local glove manufacturers are estimated to suffer losses of about 5.4 billion yuan.
- Vietnam: The container train connecting the China-Europe train will be put into operation. According to a report by “Vietnam+” on March 3, Ratraco, a subsidiary of the Vietnam Railway Corporation, said that a direct container train from Da Nang, Vietnam to Europe will be put into operation. The train will connect to the China-Europe train at Zhengzhou Station in China to its destination.
- Aluminum hydroxide: South Korea launched an anti-dumping investigation. Chinalco Shandong Co., Ltd. and its affiliates, Longkou Donghai Alumina Co., Ltd. and its affiliates were involved in the case.
- Mattresses: Canada has initiated anti-dumping and countervailing investigations on mattresses originating in or imported from China.
- On March 3, the international coal price reached a new high of US$400 per ton, an increase of more than 30% in the short term. Natural gas prices are also on the rise, with the price surpassing $2,000 /m³ a few days ago, a record high this year.
- In February, the Caixin China service industry PMI recorded 50.2, down 1.2 percentage points from the previous month and the lowest since September 2021. Experts said that the prosperity of the manufacturing and service industries will rise and fall in 2022, but they will all be on the line of prosperity and decline. The demand for the manufacturing industry will improve significantly, and the demand for the service industry will shrink.
- Affected by the conflict in Ukraine, Italian energy prices have risen significantly this year. Compared with the beginning of the year, Italian oil and gas prices have risen by 27% and 52.4% respectively. The report predicts that higher prices for imported raw materials and energy will lead to inflation rising to 6 percent in 2022, reducing consumption by 4 billion euros.
- Canalys: The compound annual growth rate of foldable screen smartphone shipments is expected to reach 53% from 2021 to 2024. The data shows that despite the high price, the foldable screen product market has grown by 148% year-on-year, while the overall smartphone market has only grown by 7%.
- In February, the price of cement began to rise, and the price of clinker has also completed several rounds of rises. The reason for the rise is mainly due to the low level of clinker inventory and the high level of fuel cost during the staggered production shutdown period. With the gradual start and recovery of the post-holiday market, the operating rate of downstream construction sites has shown a steady upward trend. In particular, the market recovery in the southern region is better than that in the northern region. It is expected that with the start of spring construction in March, the cement season will soon come.
- The rapid development of new energy vehicles has made the power battery industry chain products in short supply, resulting in a sharp rise in prices, and power battery recycling ushered in a “highlight moment”. Industry insiders said that since last year, the price of power battery recycling has risen sharply, and some ternary black powder materials have risen by nearly 70%. The price of battery recycling has risen sharply, one is determined by the resource attributes of used power batteries.
- National Development and Reform Commission: Since 24:00 on March 3, the domestic gasoline and diesel prices will increase by 260 yuan and 255 yuan per ton respectively. On the national average, the price of No. 92 gasoline is increased by RMB0.2 /L; the price of No. 95 gasoline is increased by RMB0.2 /L; and the price of No. 0 diesel is increased by RMB0.2 /L. According to the estimated capacity of the 50L fuel tank of a general household car, filling a tank of No. 92 gasoline will cost an extra RMB10.
- Shanghai Hongqiao International Open Hub will welcome the “upgraded version”. The General Office of the Shanghai Municipal People’s Government issued “Several Policies and Measures for Supporting the Further Improvement of the Energy Level of Hongqiao International Central Business District” to support the clustering and development of various types of headquarters institutions such as business department headquarters and regional headquarters of multinational companies in Hongqiao International Central Business District.
- Inner Mongolia promotes the high-quality development of the hydrogen energy industry. The General Office of the People’s Government of Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region recently issued the “Opinions on Promoting the High-Quality Development of the Hydrogen Energy Industry”, proposing that before 2025, more than 15 green hydrogen production demonstration projects such as “wind and solar storage + hydrogen”, “source network load storage + hydrogen” will be launched.
- Country Garden: China Merchants Bank has obtained a financing quota of RMB 15 billion for M&A, which is dedicated to Country Garden’s real estate M&A business.
- Weibo: In the fourth quarter of 2021, revenue was US$616.3 million, a year-on-year increase of 20%; Non-GAAP net profit was US$195.5 million, compared with US$212.7 million in the same period last year. Among them, advertising and marketing revenue was US$550.8 million, a year-on-year increase of 21%; value-added service revenue was US$65.5 million, a year-on-year increase of 9%, and monthly active users reached 573 million, a year-on-year increase of 10%. In 2021, total revenue will be US$2.26 billion, a year-on-year increase of 34%; operating profit will reach US$829.2 million, a year-on-year increase of 43%.
- In the fourth quarter of 2021, Bibibili’s revenue was 5.78 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 51%. Among them, mobile game revenue was 1.2954 billion yuan, up 15% year-on-year; value-added service revenue was 1.8945 billion yuan, up 52% year-on-year; advertising revenue was 1.5876 billion yuan, up 120% year-on-year; e-commerce and other income was 10.033 yuan, up 35% year-on-year. The average active users reached 272 million, and the average monthly active users of the mobile terminal reached 252 million, a year-on-year increase of 35%. In 2021, the annual revenue will be 19.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 62%.
- Germany: Plans to accelerate the development of renewable energy. Germany plans to be entirely powered by renewable energy by 2035.
- United Arab Emirates: Sharjah Islamic Bank increased foreign ownership to 40% to provide more opportunities for international investors.
- Indonesia: Encourage the development of creative industries. Recently, the Indonesian Ministry of Tourism and Creative Economy stated that the creative industry has become an important force in Indonesia’s economic revitalization. The Indonesian government hopes to increase the proportion of creative industries in the economy to 10-12% in the next 5-10 years.