Trade, Import & Export
- Bangladesh’s new import policy allows imports below US$500,000 without issuing a letter of credit. According to the latest news on February 8, the Bangladesh National Assembly approved the new “Import Policy Regulations (2021-24)” in principle. The regulation stipulates that Bangladeshi retailers importing goods not exceeding US$500,000 will be exempted from issuing letters of credit and will be settled in accordance with contracts and wire transfers.
- China and the United Arab Emirates: Since February 14, the mutual recognition of the AEO system has been implemented.
- Ghana’s transport industry plans to increase freight rates by 30%. Recently, the Ghana Transport Federation, after negotiating with its 16 branches, decided to increase the freight rate by 30% to make up for the losses caused by the recent soaring fuel prices and other costs. At present, the rising international oil price has led to a sharp rise in the cost of Ghana’s transportation industry, which has long been overwhelmed.
- Peru’s exports hit a record at $56.241 billion. A year-on-year increase of 35%, higher than 45.099 billion US dollars in 2019, exceeding the pre-epidemic level. Among them, the monthly export value in December reached 5.302 billion US dollars, a year-on-year increase of 10%.
- Electric water heater: Argentina made an affirmative final ruling on anti-dumping. An affirmative final anti-dumping ruling was made on water storage-type electric water heaters with a capacity of ≥20 liters and ≤150 liters originating in China, and an anti-dumping duty of 131% of the FOB declared price was imposed on the products involved, valid for five years.
- Cambodia: Unregistered foreign e-commerce websites will be blocked. Recently, the State Administration of Taxation of Cambodia announced that it will cooperate with local Internet providers to take measures to strengthen the implementation of cross-border e-commerce VAT collection and management, including blocking large foreign e-commerce websites that refuse to register and fulfill taxpayers.
- Cancellation of transactions by ebay sellers will seriously affect account performance. The seller’s rating that affects the account may cause the transaction fee to rise, and the account will be temporarily placed on hiding and selling for 3 days, 7 days or even 10 days.
- Cui Dongshu, Secretary-General of the Passenger Federation: In 2021, the national new energy vehicle market will be hot, and the domestic retail sales of new energy vehicles will reach 2.99 million units, a year-on-year increase of 170%. Due to the strong demand for new energy in the terminal, insufficient production capacity and abundant orders for undelivered vehicles, the increase in lithium prices will not seriously affect the overall market demand. It is confident that the sales of new energy passenger vehicles will reach about 5.5 million units in 2022, and will continue to achieve a high growth of about 70%.
- Flower prices in Kunming, Yunnan hit the highest level in nearly a decade. According to the industry, 20 red roses /30 yuan last year has risen to 160 yuan this year, and the cost of 99 fresh-cut red roses has reached as high as 500 to 800 yuan. The high price of flowers has been affected by many factors such as climate, festivals and holidays. In addition, affected by the epidemic, it is difficult to import high-end flower materials abroad, which also affects the consumption in the domestic low-end market.
- Shanghai Stock Exchange: The upstream and downstream of the photovoltaic industry are mixed. The upstream silicon wafer segment generally makes a lot of money, while the downstream module cell segment suffers a series of losses. For this year’s industry trend, the industry believes that it depends largely on the price of silicon materials. According to the industry, the trend of silicon materials in 2022 may not be as strong as that in 2021, which is mainly affected by the fundamentals of supply and demand. The production period in the second half of 2022 is coming, and polysilicon may face the risk of falling from high levels.
- According to a survey by Tmall International, in 2022, pet New Year clothes will be selected for the first time in the top ten fastest growing “new” New Year goods, and imported goods related to pet “clothing, food, housing and transportation” will usher in a sales peak. Among them, the search volume of pet New Year gift packages has doubled. The sales of canned pet staple food and cleaning products increased by more than 60% year-on-year.
- Sourceengine: In February this year, the lead time from ordering to delivery of chips increased by 5-15 weeks compared with October last year. Lead times for general-purpose 16-bit processors stretched to an average of 44 weeks, up 15 weeks from last October. Lead times for high-performance chips average 37 weeks, and lead times for select processors are up to 99 weeks. In addition to demand growing faster than supply, manufacturers are prioritizing high-end chip shortages over general-purpose products, resulting in longer delivery lead times.
- China will strictly control the scale of new production capacity in industries such as steel. On February 10, the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology issued the “Implementation Plan on Accelerating the Promotion of Comprehensive Utilization of Industrial Resources”, which plans to strictly control the production capacity of new steel, electrolytic aluminum and other related industries.
Beijing Winter Olympic 2022
- China News Weekly: In the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games, the sales of licensed peripheral products achieved an economic value of about 1.1 billion yuan, setting an Olympic record. At the Beijing Winter Olympics, analysts said that the revenue from licensed merchandise may exceed 2.5 billion yuan. During the half year, in the age distribution of the attributes of the people who searched for “Bing Dwen Dwen”, middle-aged people between the ages of 30 and 39 accounted for nearly 50% of the total search volume, and young people between the ages of 20 and 29 accounted for 28%. The proportion of the whole network ranks second.
- In Japan’s Yahoo auction store, the price of the “Bing Dwen Dwen” plush doll has reached nearly 20,000 yen (about 1,100 yuan), and the small ornaments have been fired to about 6,000 yen (about 330 yuan).
- iiMedia Research: The popularity of Bing Dwen Dwen, in addition to the stimulus of the Beijing Winter Olympics, is inseparable from the popular environment of trendy play products in the new domestic consumer market in recent years. Figures of 10-30 cm in size are the most popular; figures of 100-300 yuan are also the most popular. Bing Dwen Dwen is already in the most popular category of figures in terms of shape and pricing.
- At present, the 2022 GDP growth targets of 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities have been announced. Among them, 9 provinces have economic growth targets of 7% and above.
- Since the beginning of this year, China’s renewable energy development has further shifted gears and accelerated, accelerating the replacement of fossil energy on the basis of establishing first and then breaking. At present, China is focusing on desert, Gobi, and desert areas to accelerate the construction of new energy bases on seven continents, including the upper Yellow River, Hexi Corridor, northern Hebei, and Songliao. Cluster of offshore wind power bases.
- State Drug Administration: Pfizer’s new coronavirus oral drug (Paxlovid) has been granted conditional marketing approval, less than two months after the drug was approved in the United States. The first COVID-19 neutralizing antibody drug of Tengsheng Biopharmaceutical Co., Ltd. has been urgently approved before, and Pfizer’s oral drug has also become the first overseas new crown drug approved in China.
- During the Spring Festival this year, nighttime cultural activities, catering, and tourism consumption in various places have become more active, and the proportion of orders only including night tour scenic spots has reached 35%.
- Shimao Group listed 2.25 billion to sell Shenkeng Hotel.
- China FAW: In January 2022, vehicle production and sales were 290,371 and 311,508 respectively. Among them, the production and sales of Hongqi brand were 37,758 units (a year-on-year increase of 60.9%) and 42,158 units (a year-on-year increase of 29.6%). The production and sales of FAW-Volkswagen were 181,573 and 182,977 respectively; the production and sales of FAW Toyota were 40,964 and 51,741 respectively.
- iFLYTEK: Disclose the record sheet of investor relations activities. The base business of the C-end and B-end will maintain a healthy growth in 2022, reaching 40%-50% or even higher; the vehicle-mounted business will increase by 70%, the medical income will double this year, and the contract gross profit will double. In 2022, the revenue target of learning machine will increase by more than 200%.
- BYD: Delivered the first K6 pure electric bus to Mauritius. Recently, BYD delivered the first K6 pure electric bus in Port Louis, the capital of Mauritius, to National Transport Cooperation, the largest state-run public transport operator in Mauritius. The buses delivered this time will be put into operation as commuter vehicles in the city.
- DSV expects a profit of DKK 20 billion this year. DSV, a logistics and freight forwarding giant, released its 2021 financial results. During the period, it achieved operating income of DKK 182.3 billion and EBIT of DKK 16.223 billion. It is optimistic that EBIT in 2022 will be between DKK 18 billion and DKK 20 billion.
- Canada Goose’s revenue and net profit increased significantly. Canada Goose announced the results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2022, with quarterly revenue of C$586 million, a year-on-year increase of 23.6%; net profit of C$152 million, a year-on-year increase of 42%. Among them, global e-commerce revenue increased by 28.1% year-on-year, and DTC revenue in mainland China increased by 35.1% year-on-year.
- Guojin Securities: Ukrainian-Russian relations are tense, and geopolitical risks may affect the supply of semiconductor materials. The 8-inch/12-inch fabs in the United States/Europe are more likely to be affected, and non-related countries such as China, South Korea, Japan, etc. have smooth access to these semiconductor gases and materials, but have the opportunity to benefit from market share in the short term improvement.
- Russia: Measures will be introduced to support the development of the timber industry in the Far East.
- France: New projects for energy production will be launched on a large scale, and the construction of civilian nuclear power plants will be restarted.
- The U.S. price index rose by the most in 40 years. Data released by the U.S. Department of Labor a few days ago showed that after excluding volatile food and energy prices, the U.S. core CPI rose 0.6% month-on-month in January and 6% year-on-year, the largest year-on-year increase since August 1982. The Associated Press analysis of supply chain bottlenecks, etc. will continue to inflation.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: The food price index averaged 135.7 points in January, an increase of 1.1% month-on-month, and is gradually approaching the record high in 2011. Among them, vegetable oil and dairy prices surged due to labor shortages and adverse weather conditions.
- South Korea’s GDP grew 4%, the highest in nearly 11 years. Data released by the Bank of Korea showed that the real gross domestic product (GDP) for the whole of 2021 will grow by 4%, the highest in nearly 11 years. Exports and construction activity rose sharply, declines in capital investment moderated, and the virus-hit services sector recovered slowly.
- The recovery in global corporate earnings is showing signs of deceleration.