- As of the 25th, China has won 6 Olympic gold medals.
- In 2020, India bought 58.7 billion US dollars of Chinese products, ranking first; in the first five months of 2021, India bought 35.898 billion US dollars of Chinese products, a year-on-year increase of 64.1%.
- Costa Rica: Cancel the additional tariffs on Canadian cane sugar and lower the tariff rate to the normal level of 45%.
- Japan’s exports have returned to pre-epidemic levels. The latest trade statistics report for the first half of 2021 released by the Ministry of Finance of Japan shows that exports increased by 23.2% year-on-year, exceeding 39.85 trillion yen, returning to the pre-epidemic level and setting the largest increase in 11 years; during the same period, Japan’s imports increased by 12.2 %, exceeding 38.87 trillion yen.
- BIGC (SaaS e-commerce platform Big Commerce) announced the establishment of a cooperation with Latin American e-commerce MELI (Mercado Libre). The cooperation eliminates transportation challenges, currency exchange and language barriers, and opens the door for US e-commerce sellers to enter the Latin American market. In the future, BIGC merchants will be able to sell to nearly 133 million independent consumers of MELI.
- The global shipping company capacity ranking list is announced. The top three are Maersk, MSC, and CMA CGM.
- SEKO Logistics announced the chartering of self-operated routes. A few days ago, following Home Depot chartering, Target, Amazon chartering, and Ali’s opening of North American routes, another giant, SEKO Logistics, one of the “Top Ten Third-Party Logistics Companies in North America”, announced that it has started chartering operations in July.
- Blue Origin sold nearly 100 million U.S. dollars of space cruise tickets. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos recently announced that its Blue Origin company has sold “space cruise” tickets worth nearly $100 million. So far, Blue Origin has not disclosed the seat price of its space travel service.
- Mercedes-Benz announced that its electrification strategy will be “fully electric”. A few days ago, Mercedes-Benz announced that the company’s electrification strategy will be changed from “electric first” to “full electric.” According to the plan, pure electric models will be provided in all market segments from next year; by 2025, each model will be provided with a pure electric version.
- Ministry of Water Resources: It is expected that in the next two days, there will be heavy to heavy rains in the northeast of Jiangnan, most of Jianghuai, and southern western Hainan. Among them, most of Zhejiang, Shanghai, southern Jiangsu, southern Hainan and other places will experience heavy to extremely heavy rains. Affected by this, over-alarm floods will occur in Taihu Lake and surrounding river network areas.
- Ministry of Natural Resources: In the first half of the year, 1,150 geological disasters occurred nationwide, with a direct economic loss of 240 million yuan. The situation of geological disaster prevention and mitigation in the second half of the year is still severe. Especially from July to August, extreme weather events are likely to cause geological disasters such as landslides, collapses, and mudslides. Geological disasters occur in parts of Southwest, Central South and Northwest my country. The key area of the hazard.
- Shanghai Securities News: Currently, 27 provinces across the country have released economic data for the first half of the year. The economic recovery in many places has reached the level before the epidemic. Among the 27 provinces, one-third of the GDP growth rate in the first half of the year outperformed the national level of 12.7% in the same period. The eastern region is king, and provinces such as Guangdong, Jiangsu, and Shandong occupy the top three in terms of total economic output. In particular, the total economic output of Guangdong Province has ranked first in the country for 31 consecutive years.
- KPMG: The 2021 Chief Insight Report of Fintech Companies was officially released. Chinese financial technology companies are full of confidence in the future development of the industry, with an average confidence index of 82 points, of which companies in the 80-100 segment account for 65%.
- Securities Times: In the first half of the year, there were 1,375 major security incidents in virtual currencies, with losses reaching 14.24 billion U.S. dollars; the growth rate of extortion losses reached 2585% compared with the same period last year, and there were 60 fraud incidents; major public chain DeFi applications have blown out, and DeFi Security incidents also accounted for 60% of hacking incidents. In the first half of the year, 86 major DeFi security incidents resulted in losses of US$769 million.
- The Verge: NASA’s Europa Clipper probe will begin its journey to Jupiter’s icy moon Europa on a Falcon Heavy rocket manufactured by SpaceX. NASA will pay SpaceX US$178 million to launch the probe in October 2024.
- United States: Labor shortage affects the efficiency of railway transportation. According to a recent report by the Wall Street Journal, the nation’s rail transport industry is facing recruitment difficulties. Affected by this, rail transport efficiency is currently unable to return to the pre-epidemic level, and economic recovery has been suppressed.