- SAFE: In June, banks settled 1,518.8 billion yuan, sold 1,377.5 billion yuan, and had a surplus of 141.3 billion yuan. From January to June, banks accumulated 7,828.1 billion yuan in foreign exchange settlement, 6952.2 billion yuan in foreign exchange sales, and a cumulative foreign exchange settlement and sales surplus of 876 billion yuan.
- CCTV: In the first half of the year, the import and export volume of cross-border e-commerce in Mainland China was 886.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 28.6%.
- Australia: Wine exports to Hong Kong, China soared by 111%.
- Peru made a preliminary anti-dumping ruling on Chinese zippers and their accessories. (Spanish: cierres de cremallera y sus partes) preliminary rulings to impose a provisional anti-dumping of US$4.84/kg on imported metal zippers whose FOB price does not exceed US$23.29/kg. Tax, a temporary anti-dumping duty of US$2.11/kg is imposed on zippers of other materials whose FOB price does not exceed US$44.26/kg, and a temporary anti-dumping duty of US$0.66/kg is imposed on zipper accessories whose FOB price does not exceed US$9.28/kg. The announcement will take effect the day after its issuance and will be valid for 6 months. The Peruvian tax codes of the products involved are 9607.11.00.00, 9607.19.00.00 and 9607.20.00.00.
- Japan’s exports in the first half of the year rose by 23.2% to 39.8572 trillion yen, exceeding the level of the same period in 2019 before the outbreak.
- India simplifies customs clearance and valuation procedures for goods imports. Simplify the faceless assessment measures, accelerate the import customs clearance and valuation procedures of non-risky goods, strengthen the inspection of dangerous imported goods, and ensure the stability of tariff income. It will be implemented from July 15th.
- India has cancelled seven import tariffs on organic chemical raw materials for pharmaceuticals. The Central Indirect Tax and Tariff Commission (CBIC) of the Ministry of Finance of India issued the 35/2021-Customs Announcement on July 12, canceling the import tariffs on seven organic chemical raw materials for pharmaceuticals, including lecithin (Egg Lecithin, HS 29232090) and high cholesterol (Cholesterol HP, HS 29061310) and other 6 items are exempt from tax until August 31, 2021, and the raw materials used to manufacture Covid-19 test reagents are exempt from tax until September 30, 2021.
- India plans to increase the rate of making 56 active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs). 66% of the Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) required by the Indian pharmaceutical industry comes from mainland China. In order to reduce dependence on imports, the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) recently joined forces with the coal/oil industry. Research to improve the rate of self-manufacturing of medicinal chemicals. The Department of Pharmaceutical of the Ministry of Chemical Fertilizers (Department of Pharmaceutical) has listed 56 APIs to prioritize manufacturing in India, including the production of antibiotics (Antibiotics) and anti-AIDS (Anti-HIV) , Acetaminophen (Paracetamol) and other pharmaceutical chemical components.
- The EU will impose carbon tariffs (“Carbon Border Regulation Mechanism”-CBAM) from 2026. The European Commission put forward a package plan proposal to address climate change on July 14 to achieve the goal of reducing the EU’s net greenhouse gas emissions by at least 55% in 2030 compared to 1990 levels.
- The EU intends to crack down on unbranded auto parts. The European Union’s Block Exemption Regulation allows independent car manufacturers to use cheaper aftermarket parts instead of manufacturer-branded parts; however, the European Union is currently launching a public consultation to change this rule. The EU’s changes to this rule will also have an impact on the UK, because under the Brexit agreement, the UK must also comply with the new changes.
- Soaring 120%, from January to June 2021, China bought 136 billion U.S. agricultural products. The United States bought 1.64 trillion yuan of Chinese goods-in the first six months of this year, the bilateral trade volume between China and the United States reached 2.21 trillion yuan, of which the United States imported 1.64 trillion yuan worth of goods from the Chinese market, a year-on-year increase of 31.7%.
- The 16-level typhoon “fireworks烟花” is super powerful! Terminals such as Shanghai Port and Ningbo Port will temporarily suspend the loading and unloading of empty containers.
- The shipping company raised prices again in August.
- Hapag-Lloyd: Starting from August 15th, Value Added Surcharge (VAD) will be imposed on Chinese goods exported to the United States and Canada, which will be collected at destinations in the United States and Canada. A 20-foot container will be charged an additional $4,000, and a 40-foot container will be charged an additional $5,000.
- MSC: From September 1st, a port clog fee will be levied on goods exported from ports in southern China and Hong Kong to the United States and Canada. The details are as follows:
-USD 800/20DV; USD 1000/40DV;
-USD 1125/40HC; USD 1266/40HC
- Stars: additional port congestion surcharges and destination freight will be charged to the ports of the United States and Canada. The specific arrangements are as follows: -PCS: 1000/USD DDC: 1000/USD; effective August 1, 2021. -PCS: 5000/USD DDC: 1000/USD; effective on August 6, 2021.
- Mason Shipping: Starting from August 5, the port congestion charge will be increased again to US$2,000 per container. This is the third round of port congestion charges that began to increase on June 10. After three port congestion charges have been superimposed, among them The 45-foot container is up to US$5697!
- National Defense General: It is decided to upgrade the emergency response of flood prevention and typhoon level IV to level III at 12 o’clock on July 23, and send a working group to Zhejiang and Shanghai to assist in the guidance of typhoon prevention and response. On July 23, the State Prevention Office issued a notice to the flood control and drought relief headquarters in Zhejiang, Shanghai, Fujian, Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Anhui and other places, and the Taihu flood control and drought relief headquarters to arrange the deployment of typhoon “fireworks” defense work.
- After a year, the Olympics finally came. At 19:00 on July 23 (East 8th district time), the 32nd Summer Olympic Games officially kicked off in Tokyo. This year’s Olympic motto has been upgraded to “faster, higher, stronger, and more united.” The total number of the Chinese delegation this year is 777, making it the largest overseas Chinese sports delegation participating in the Olympic Games. Among them, there are many youthful Z generations, and the youngest is only 14 years old.
- National Development and Reform Commission, Energy Administration: Issue guidance on accelerating the development of new energy storage. Adhere to the diversification of energy storage technologies, promote the continuous decline in the cost and commercial scale application of relatively mature new energy storage technologies such as lithium-ion batteries, realize that long-term energy storage technologies such as compressed air and flow batteries have entered the initial stage of commercial development, and accelerate flywheel energy storage , Sodium-ion batteries and other technologies to carry out large-scale experiments and demonstrations, and to be demand-oriented, explore and carry out research and demonstration applications of hydrogen storage, heat storage and other innovative energy storage technologies.
- CCTV News: Up to now, Zhengzhou Airport’s flight operations have gradually resumed, and the normal rate of flights has reached 95%. At the same time, the ground restoration of Zhengzhou Airport is also gradually starting. At present, the Beijing-Hong Kong-Macao Expressway, including the airport expressway, can pass normally, and the intercity railway is gradually recovering.
- National Copyright Administration: Issued a list of early warnings for copyright protection of key works, and will give priority protection to the copyright of programs related to the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
- JD Power: With the rise of Chinese electric car manufacturers, Tesla’s ranking in the mainland China car quality survey has fallen below the average level. The survey shows that Weilai ES6 ranks first in China’s luxury medium-sized electric SUV segment, Xiaopeng G3 ranks first in compact pure electric SUVs, and ideal one ranks first in plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. Tesla Model 3 ranks third among medium-sized pure electric cars, behind BYD’s Han EV and Xiaopeng P7.