Covid19 & Vaccine
- As of September 22, more than 6 billion doses of vaccine have been vaccinated worldwide. China accounted for nearly 40%, reaching 2.18 billion doses, followed by India with 826 million doses, and the United States with 386 million doses.
- The United States has announced in early November that it will relax travel restrictions on all foreign travelers who are fully vaccinated against the covid-19. It not only recognizes vaccines authorized in the United States, but also includes vaccines that are listed as emergency use by the World Health Organization but have not yet been approved in the United States (Pfizer vaccine, Johnson & Johnson vaccine, Modena vaccine, Coxing vaccine, Sinopharm vaccine).
- The National Tourism Administration of Thailand: The five provinces of Bangkok, Chonburi, Phetchaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan and Chiang Mai, which were originally planned to be opened to international tourists in October, will be postponed to November.The reason is that the COVID-19 vaccination rate in these five provinces has not yet reached 70%, and some areas are still waiting for the Ministry of Health to allocate enough vaccines.
- In August, the chip delivery time increased by 6 days compared with the previous month, reaching about 21 weeks. This is already the longest waiting time since the beginning of tracking data in 2017, indicating that the chip shortage that affects automobile production and hinders the growth of the electronics industry is getting worse. It is estimated that the global automotive industry will lose about 110 billion U.S. dollars in sales.
- Institute of Information and Communications Technology: In August, the domestic market mobile phone shipments were 24.306 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 9.7%. Among them, 5G mobile phones were 17.688 million units, a year-on-year increase of 9.4%, accounting for 72.8% of mobile phone shipments in the same period.
- Huawei: It is predicted that by 2030, the total number of global connections will exceed 200 billion, and enterprise network access, home broadband access, and personal wireless access will exceed 10G; the penetration rate of new autonomous vehicles in China will exceed 20%; electric vehicles will account for new vehicles The sales ratio will exceed 50%; the vehicle computing power will exceed 5000 TOPS as a whole; the vehicle single link transmission capacity will exceed 100Gbps.
- Since August, many paper-making companies have issued price increase letters many times, announcing an increase in the ex-factory price of corrugated paper. According to the industry, the rise in the price of domestic waste paper raw materials in China this year is one of the main factors driving up the price of corrugated paper.
- China Nuclear Titanium Dioxide: The net profit attributable to the mother in the first three quarters is expected to be 961 million to 1.139 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 170%-220%. The main product rutile titanium dioxide market is in a strong business cycle, and the supply of products exceeds demand, and the sales price has increased significantly year-on-year.
- Global box storage robot company “Hairou Innovation”: Completed two rounds of financing over 200 million US dollars.
- Bureau of Statistics: In 2020, a total of 243.931 billion yuan was invested in research and experimental development (R&D) across the country, an increase of 10.2% year-on-year, and the growth rate was 2.3 percentage points lower than the previous year; the investment intensity was 2.40%, an increase of 0.16 percentage points year-on-year. The per capita expenditure calculated based on the full-time workload of research and experimental development personnel was 466,000 yuan, an increase of 5,000 yuan year-on-year.
- The “Outline for Building a Powerful Country with Intellectual Property Rights (2021-2035)” was issued. Accelerate the legislation of intellectual property rights in new fields and business forms such as big data, artificial intelligence, and genetic technology. By 2025, the added value of patent-intensive industries will account for 13% of GDP, and the added value of copyright industries will account for 7.5% of GDP.
Alipay Huabei: It is gradually advancing its access to the credit information system of the central bank.
- Shanghai Lingang: “Implementation Plan for Building High-Quality Hydrogen Energy Demonstration Application Scenarios in Lingang New Area (2021-2025)” was released. By 2025, complete the application of 1,500 hydrogen fuel cell vehicles; the annual hydrogen supply will not be less than 14,000 tons; the annual hydrogen self-sufficiency rate will not be less than 30% of the demand for that year.
- Jinshan District, Shanghai: The land for the main project of Legoland has been successfully delisted by Shanghai Legoland Co., Ltd., and a contract for the use of state-owned construction land has been successfully signed. Legoland plans to start construction in November and open in 2024.
- OECD: As the global covid19 vaccination process continues to advance and economic activity gradually resumes, the global economy will grow by 5.7% and 4.5% respectively this year and next. Among them, China’s economic growth rate this year is expected to reach 8.5%.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers: It is estimated that by 2030, Asian consumer spending on food will double, from 4 trillion US dollars in 2019 to 8 trillion US dollars, becoming the world’s largest food and beverage market. Food spending will increase the most in India and Southeast Asian countries; China will remain the largest market. By 2030, the entire value chain will require 1.55 trillion US dollars of investment.