Covid and Vaccine
- US President Biden said that the goal of 200 million doses of the new crown vaccine has been achieved. At present, more than half of the adults in the United States have received at least one dose of the vaccine, and 80% of people over 65 have received at least one dose of the vaccine.
- Gong Zheng, Mayor of Shanghai: After continuous efforts, Shanghai has basically built an international economic, financial, trade, and shipping center, forming a basic framework for a scientific and technological innovation center with global influence. It will promote consumption expansion and quality improvement, investment efficiency improvement, promotion of foreign trade transformation and upgrading, and vigorous development of Shanghai’s first-issuance economy, night economy, tax rebate economy and brand economy. We will make every effort to promote Pudong’s high-level reform and opening up, and further promote the construction of the Lingang New Area, the pilot registration system for the Science and Technology Innovation Board, and the integration of the Yangtze River Delta to ensure that the International Import Expo becomes better and better.
- Chen Yin, Executive Deputy Mayor of Shanghai: Carbon finance should be regarded as an important part of the construction of Shanghai’s international financial center, and an international carbon financial center should be built on the basis of the national carbon trading market. The first is to focus on promoting carbon finance business innovation, actively exploring the spot and forward products of carbon finance, and supporting financial innovations such as carbon funds, carbon bonds, carbon insurance, and carbon trusts. The second is to focus on building a carbon peak and carbon neutral investment and financing mechanism, and guide financial resources to tilt towards green development. The third is to focus on strengthening financial risk prevention, closely tracking and paying attention to new situations and issues in the carbon neutral process, and actively exploring the establishment of a financial risk management mechanism adapted to carbon neutral development to better serve the green transformation and development of enterprises. Efforts should be made to achieve carbon peaks by 2025, and Shanghai’s carbon peaking action plan is currently being prepared, which will be officially released this year.
(Share an thing. FAW-Volkswagen buys carbon emission credits from Tesla China at a price of 3000 yuan (US$461) for each new energy vehicle credit. Tesla has the most carbon credits, with 0.7 million credits, Worth RMB 2.1billion (USD 323million). Relevant data shows that in 2020, Tesla has earned 1.58 billion U.S. dollars in operating income through the sale of carbon emission credits.)
- Energy Administration: Issued the “Guiding Opinions on Energy Work in 2021”. The main expected goal in 2021 is to reduce the proportion of coal consumption to below 56%; add about 200 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity to replace electricity, and the proportion of electric energy in final energy consumption will reach about 28%; energy consumption per unit of GDP will be reduced by about 3% , The allocation of energy resources is more reasonable, and the utilization efficiency is greatly improved; the utilization rate of renewable energy such as wind power and photovoltaic power generation has maintained a high level, and the average utilization hours of cross-regional transmission channels have increased to about 4,100 hours.
- IDC: In 2020, the global IaaS market will reach 67.19 billion U.S. dollars, a year-on-year increase of 33.9%. AWS, Microsoft, Alibaba, Google, and IBM are among the top five in the market, together occupying 77.1% of the market share. In 2020, the overall global public cloud service market will reach US$312.42 billion, a year-on-year increase of 24.1%; the overall market size of China’s public cloud services will reach US$19.38 billion, a year-on-year increase of 49.7%, the highest growth rate in the world. It is estimated that by 2024, the global share of China’s public cloud service market will increase from 6.5% in 2020 to over 10.5%.
- China’s domestic micro-control chip manufacturers Lingdong Microelectronics and Rockchip have announced that they will increase the price of chip products to varying degrees from April 1.
- Daimler: Due to the impact of semiconductor chip shortages on global automobile production, it will cut the working hours of up to 18,500 employees and temporarily stop production at two factories in Germany.
- Yonhap News Agency: South Korea is preparing the fourth phase of the national railway network construction plan. It plans to focus on laying a wide-area railway network in local metropolitan areas by 2030, covering Chungcheongdo, Gwangju, Jeollanam-do, Busan, Ulsan, Gyeongsangnam-do and Daegu City, Gyeongsangbuk-do, Gangwon-do. High-speed railways will be built in the west coast area, and national main railway lines such as Jeolla Line and Donghae Line will be upgraded to speed up, creating a two-hour living circle across the country.