- The Delta mutant strain (B.1.617.2) has a fast spread. Recently, the newly added local Delta strains in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, and Dongguan are all Delta mutants. Delta is of a strong spread, short incubation period, and a high rate of severe illness. It has been raging in more than 80 countries around the world.
- 1. Moscow Mayor Sobyanin: 89.3% of COVID-19 patients in Moscow have discovered a new strain of the virus found in India.
- 2. The Public Health Service of England issued a report: In the past week, 99% of confirmed cases in the UK were infected with the “Delta strain”. The Delta mutant strain has a 40% higher transmission rate than the Alpha mutant virus that caused the last wave of outbreaks in the UK.
- The United States announced a global distribution plan for 55 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine. The United States will share about 41 million doses of this batch of vaccines through the “New Coronary Pneumonia Vaccine Implementation Plan” led by the World Health Organization, of which about 14 million doses will be provided to Latin America and the Caribbean, and about 16 million doses will be provided to Asia. About 10 million doses will be provided to the African region. The remaining 14 million doses will be directly provided to countries and regions such as Afghanistan, Iraq, the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.
- National Network Audiovisual Program Service Association: As of December 2020, the number of online audiovisual users in China has reached 940 million, an increase of 43.21 million from June 2020. The huge number of netizens has revealed a new development trend in the field of online audio-visual.
- Canalys: In 2021, global 5G smartphone shipments will reach 610 million units, accounting for about 43% of total smartphone shipments. Next year, the proportion of 5G mobile phone shipments will reach 52%, surpassing 4G smartphone shipments.
- TrendForce Consulting: In 2021, as the epidemic in major sales regions such as Europe and the United States slows down, and benefited from the market gap in some high-end mobile phones released by Huawei, it is expected to drive Apple’s sales of new phones in the second half of this year. The total number of iPhone production this year will once again return to the level of 200 million units, reaching 223 million units, an annual increase of about 12.3%, and there is still a chance for a small increase.
- Post Office: During the “618” event this year (June 1-20), the industry received more than 6.59 billion express mails, a year-on-year increase of 24.24% and an increase of 84.16% compared with the same period in 2019. The highest daily processing volume exceeded 400 million pieces, an increase of 11.66% year-on-year, and an increase of 67% compared with the same period in 2019, which was 25.86% higher than the daily processing volume.
- IDC: In 2020, China’s speech and semantic software market will reach US$1.55 billion, an increase of 26.2% compared to 2019, with iFLYTEK’s market share ranking first, Ali AI second, and Baidu third. Among them, the annual growth rate of Ali’s market size reached 96.6%.
- CCTV Finance: Recently, the high temperature and dry weather in many western states of the United States have further pushed up the demand for natural gas. Natural gas prices have risen significantly. The closing price of last Friday was nearly twice that of the same period last year, and the current price is also nearly four. The highest level in the same period of the year.
- Recently, the Brazilian Central Bank issued a statement stating that at present, the prices of industrial products and energy in Brazil are showing a trend of substantial price increases.
- Facebook recently announced that it will launch “Instagram Reels” advertising services worldwide.
- New World Group will acquire eBay Korea. eBay agreed to sell its South Korean business to a consortium composed of New World Group and Naver for 4 trillion won (about 3.6 billion US dollars).
- Bytedance revenue increased by 111% year-on-year
- Chanel released its 2020 financial report, sales revenue declined. Affected by the epidemic, Chanel’s sales revenue in the 2020 fiscal year was 10.1 billion U.S. dollars, which was a drop of 18% from the 12.27 billion U.S. dollars in 2019. Operating profit recorded US$2.049 billion, a drop of 41.4%.
- Specific silicon photovoltaic cells and modules with nanostructures and their downstream products: the United States filed a 337 investigation application. China Jiangsu Canadian Solar Power Group Co., Ltd., Jiangsu Hanwha New Energy (Qidong) Co., Ltd. and many other companies are named defendants.
- The China-Europe Express train exceeded 40,000 trains, opening up 73 routes. , As of June 18th, in 2021, China-Europe Express has opened 6,739 trains, transporting 645,000 TEUs, an increase of 44% and 53% year-on-year respectively. So far, the total number of China-Europe express trains has exceeded 40,000, and 73 routes have been opened, reaching more than 160 cities in 22 European countries.
- ECOWAS: 15 countries decided to issue a unified currency in 2027. The Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) announced that the road map for launching a single currency in 2027 has been approved by the heads of member states. It is reported that the new currency is named “ECO”
NASA Director Bill Nelson: In a few weeks, Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos will take the Blue Origin spacecraft “space tour”, but they must pass the same physical and psychological tests as professional astronauts.
- According to a report by the Japan Radio Broadcasting Association NHK on the 20th, the Tokyo Metropolitan Government has decided to cancel all public viewing activities during the Tokyo Olympics and Paralympics.
- United States: The western region faces the risk of power shortage. According to a recent report in the Wall Street Journal, many states in the western region of the United States are facing the risk of power shortage this summer, as severe drought has reduced water volume and hydroelectric power needs water. According to the California Water Resources Agency, it is expected that the power generation of the eight major hydroelectric power facilities this year will be about 30% of the 10-year average power generation.