Covid-19 & Vaccine
- Chinanews.com: Brazil plans to purchase 60 million doses of China’s Cansino Biotech Co., Ltd.’s covid-19 vaccine, which will be delivered in the third and fourth quarters of 2021. In 2020, China’s Cansino BIO covid-19 Vaccine has carried out Phase III clinical trials in Argentina. The Brazilian authorities have previously approved the emergency use of the British AstraZeneca vaccine and the Chinese Coxing vaccine to launch vaccination nationwide.
- Ministry of Health of Thailand: The study found that the transmission rate of the mutated virus that was first discovered in India was at least 40% faster than that of the mutated virus that was first discovered in the United Kingdom. Although the current spread in Thailand is mainly the mutated virus that was first reported in the United Kingdom, but it is expected that in the next 2-3 months, the former will replace the latter and spread across the country.
- U.S. and EU reached a truce in the trade war.
- Due to the recent rebound of the covid-19 pneumonia epidemic, have caused the suspension of operations in some regions ( such as Vietnam, India, Malaysia, etc)and the return of orders from some industries to China. A domestic mobile phone contract manufacturer said that the domestic production capacity is now fully loaded, and it is cautious to take new orders.
- Thailand has suspended the sale of rubber to maintain prices. The entire plan will last for 4 months (June-September 2021) to maintain the stability of rubber prices.
- Australian ports have encountered a new round of strikes. The Maritime Alliance of Australia (MUA) began a series of shutdowns at Sydney’s Patrick Dock and plans to take further action for the rest of the month. The shutdown is spreading to Melbourne’s Victoria International Container Terminal (VICT), which may further cause long shipping delays.
- Institute of Information and Communications Technology: In May, China’s domestic mobile phone shipments fell 32% year-on-year to 23 million units; 5G mobile phone shipments were 16.739 million units, accounting for 72.9% of mobile phone shipments during the same period. From January to May, the total domestic mobile phone market shipments totaled 148 million units. Mobile phone shipments in April and May declined year-on-year, mainly due to a year-on-year increase in mobile phone shipments in the domestic market by more than 100% in the first quarter. Other manufacturers have failed to fully make up for Huawei’s vacancy.
- Ericsson: It is estimated that by the end of 2021, the number of 5G users worldwide will reach 580 million, more than double the 220 million last year, and will exceed 3.5 billion by 2026. Northeast Asia, including China, currently has the highest 5G user penetration rate, followed by North America; but it is expected that by 2026, North America’s 5G user penetration rate will reach 84%, the highest of all regions.
- Securities Times: Excavator companies such as Sany, Shandong Lingong, Xugong, and Liugong have recently raised the prices of some excavator products. Among them, small digging is raised by 10%, and medium digging is raised by 5%.
- CCTV Finance: In recent years, instant noodle consumption has continued to develop towards high-end consumption. According to the industry, the sales of instant noodles with a high unit price of more than ten yuan are increasing year by year. According to data from the World Instant Noodle Association, in 2020, global consumption of instant noodles will be approximately 116.6 billion copies, of which my country’s consumption will account for 40%. In the same year, the overall market volume of my country’s instant noodle industry will be 63.737 billion yuan.
- Shanghai Securities News: It is reported that Infineon, the global power semiconductor leader, is preparing a new round of product price increases.
- MOSFETs will increase by 12%, which is expected to be implemented in the middle of this month. In addition, STMicroelectronics, ON Semiconductor, etc. also said they will increase prices. Some domestic power semiconductor manufacturers have also issued price increases.
- E-Sports Magazine: The growth rate of e-sports users in China tends to be flat, and is expected to reach 425 million in 2021. User growth has entered a gradual stage, and accelerating going overseas will become an inevitable choice for China’s e-sports industry. In 2021, the global e-sports audience will increase to 474 million, and the global e-sports revenue will reach 1.084 billion U.S. dollars. China will become the region with the largest number of core e-sports enthusiasts, with a population of 92.8 million, followed by the United States and Brazil.
- Bureau of Statistics: In May, the added value of industrial enterprises above designated size nationwide increased by 8.8% year-on-year, 0.52% month-on-month, and two-year average growth of 6.6%; total retail sales of consumer goods were 3,594.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 12.4%, and a two-year average growth of 4.5%; nationwide The urban surveyed unemployment rate was 5.0%, a decrease of 0.1 percentage point from the previous month and 0.9 percentage point year-on-year. From January to May, the national investment in fixed assets (excluding rural households) was 19,391.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 15.4%, and an average increase of 4.2% in two years.
- Securities Times: Due to the shortage of chips, German automakers Daimler and Volkswagen will cut working hours in some factories. Daimler will cut working hours at its German plants in Bremen and Rastatt this week. Volkswagen will cut the working hours at its Wolfsburg plant next week.
- Bloomberg: According to reports, the Blackstone Group is close to reaching a deal to acquire SOHO China at a valuation of approximately US$3 billion. This will be Blackstone’s largest real estate investment in Asia’s largest economy, and the deal may be announced as early as this week.
- The number of Amazon Prime members has exceeded 200 million. In about a year, 50 million new users were added. The last time Amazon announced the number of Prime users was in January 2020. At that time, the number of Prime users reached 150 million. Two years have passed since the number of 100 million Prime users in April 2018.
- Honeywell closed two mask factories. Honeywell recently announced that it will close two N95 mask factories that were hurriedly put into production in response to the surge in demand during the epidemic last year, because now with the promotion of vaccines, fewer and fewer people wear masks in the United States.
- SK Group is betting on the Vietnamese market. SK Group, South Korea’s third-largest chaebol, launched an offensive against the Vietnamese market. SK Group has recently invested in VinCommerce, the largest local circulation company in Vietnam, and Vingroup, the largest comprehensive company in Vietnam. VinCommerce operates about 2,300 supermarkets and convenience stores in Vietnam, although it has suffered huge losses. But SK still started the investment.
Policy & Trend
- Bureau of Statistics: The results of the seventh national census show that China’s population aging is increasing and the fertility rate is decreasing. The aging of the population is the general trend of the world’s population development, and it is also the basic national condition for a long time to come.
- Health Commission: Issue a notice to accelerate the development of rehabilitation medical work, and strive to gradually establish a reasonable and high-quality professional rehabilitation medical team by 2022, with 6 rehabilitation physicians and 10 rehabilitation therapists per 100,000 population. By 2025, there will be 8 rehabilitation physicians and 12 rehabilitation therapists per 100,000 population. Rehabilitation medical service capabilities have been steadily improved, service methods have become more diversified, the field of rehabilitation medical services has continued to expand, and the people have enjoyed all-round full-cycle rehabilitation medical services.
- Shanghai release: Shanghai’s “14th Five-Year Plan” for the development of aging undertakings in Shanghai is released, proposing to consolidate social wealth reserves, and focus on improving a fairer, more sustainable, and rationally structured social security system for the elderly, including 27 major tasks and community embeddings in 8 areas The “1+8” system of elderly care services is sound, improving the quality and increment of the old service team, building a livable environment for the elderly, health services for the elderly, deepening the pilot of the long-term care insurance system, creating an “air classroom” for elderly education, smart elderly care services in the Yangtze River Delta, and 7 key projects including the management platform construction project.