Covid-19 & Vaccine
- China:Vaccine assistance has been provided to more than 80 urgently needed developing countries, and vaccines have been exported to 43 countries. So far, 350 million doses of vaccine have been supplied to international partners, making it the country that provides the most vaccines in the world. At the same time, China has provided US$2 billion in assistance to the developing countries affected by the epidemic in fighting the epidemic and restoring economic and social development, and provided anti-epidemic material assistance to more than 150 countries and 13 international organizations. China has announced that it will provide the first batch of 10 million doses of vaccine to COVAX, which is clearly used in the urgent needs of developing countries. Not long ago, the first batch of vaccines has been officially offline. China has also supplied more than 280 billion masks, more than 3.4 billion pieces of protective clothing, and more than 4 billion test kits to the world.
- Strategy Analytics: In the first quarter, the global smartphone application processor market grew 21% year-on-year, reaching US$6.8 billion. Among them, Qualcomm leads with a market share of 40%, followed by MediaTek with a share of 26%, and Apple ranks third with 20%.
- Autostat: In May this year, the sales of Chinese brand cars in Russia increased by 3.7 times. Haval Motors became the most popular Chinese brand in the Russian market in May, with sales of 3,167 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 3.2 times. Chery ranks second, and its car sales have grown even faster-almost a 9-fold increase to 2,990 vehicles. Geely ranked in the top three with 2001 cars, an increase of 3.1 times.
- Post Office: From January to May, the total business volume of express service companies across the country completed 39.65 billion, a year-on-year increase of 50.1%; the postal industry’s business revenue totaled 502.24 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 24.3%; the total business volume completed a cumulative total of 523.08 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase 37.3%. In May, the industry-wide business revenue was 105.19 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.6%; the total business volume was 113.24 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 20.0%.
- Securities Daily: As of the end of 2020, the scale of China’s nighttime economy has exceeded 30 trillion yuan, an increase of 5.0% over the same period in 2019. It is expected that the scale of China’s nighttime economic development will increase to 36 trillion yuan in 2021. Among them, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and other cities will vigorously promote the development of the night economy, tap the consumption potential through the upgrading and upgrading of night consumption, and become the benchmark cities for the development of the night economy.
- Affected by “unsmooth shipping”, Hankook Tire, the tire company with the largest market share in South Korea, has suspended production for three days from June 10th. The main reason for the suspension was insufficient shipping space and a large number of tires in the warehouse, which made the factory uncomfortable. Do not stop the operation, adjust the production capacity. Nearly 40% of the 100 million tires produced by Hankook Tire’s factories at home and abroad each year come from two factories in South Korea. This unavoidable shutdown will result in a reduction of 400,000 tires.
- CCTV News: Since the opening of the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge in October 2018, as of April 2021, the total value of imports and exports through the Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Zhuhai Highway Port has accumulated to 21.6 billion yuan. Among them, exports were 128.63 billion yuan and imports were 72.97 billion yuan. It took two years for the total import and export value of the bridge port to reach 100 billion yuan, and it took only 7 months to break through the second 100 billion yuan.
- CCTV News: In April, the value of Hong Kong’s overall exports and imports once again showed double-digit growth after March. The value of overall exports and imports increased by 24.4% and 25.2% year-on-year, respectively. The total merchandise trade volume in the first four months of this year was also significantly higher. High in the same period in 2018.
- China’s Foshan Airport will cancel all flights and suspend operations from June 12 to 22.
- As of June 8, local time, 28.11% of the western United States is extremely dry, and 26.77% is even extremely dry, with more than 58.38 million people affected. On June 9, nearly 2 million people in California’s San Francisco Bay Area were in a water shortage emergency.
- Johannesburg, South Africa’s largest city, announced that it would start to increase electricity tariffs by 14.59%; water tariffs 6.8%; sanitation costs 6.8%; garbage 4.3%. Local residents said that the increase was far higher than the inflation rate, and this increase was unacceptable.