Covid-19 & Vaccine
- According to the latest data released by the Indian Ministry of Health, 403,738 new cases have been confirmed in India in the past 24 hours, the fourth consecutive day that India has been above 400,000 cases and the 18th consecutive day that India has been above 300,000 cases.
- Philippines revises rules for testing and quarantine of inbound travelers for New Crown. on May 7, the Philippines issued its latest resolution requiring all inbound travelers to be quarantined for 14 days upon arrival in the Philippines, including 10 days at a government-designated facility, and to be tested for New Crown pneumonia on the seventh day after arrival; an additional four days of home quarantine will need to be completed thereafter.
- UAE to Suspend Travelers from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Nepal and Sri Lanka
- EU: Decision to suspend exemption of intellectual property rights for vaccines
- Overseas: Japan’s Shionogi Pharmaceutical said that the new crown vaccine being developed is expected to be supplied within the year under suitable conditions. If it can be realized, it will be the first new crown vaccine independently developed and marketed by Japanese pharmaceutical companies.
Material & Price
- May 10, iron ore, hot rolls, threads continued to rise after lunch, the international copper main contract rose more than 5%, approaching 70,000 yuan / ton, a new contract record high. Glass futures sealed up, up 6.01% daily, reported 2683 yuan / ton, continued to set a new record high. Coking coal rose more than 6%, continued to set a new record high.
- Yesterday (10), non-ferrous, black futures across the board rose, rebar main sealed the stop, reported 6012 yuan per ton. As the raw material of steel, iron ore futures main contract price is also up and hit a new record high.
- Recently, the prices of coking coal, coke and iron ore have been highly volatile. Long python Bailey, CNNC titanium white, Anada, Jinpu titanium industry and other titanium dioxide listed companies recently issued price hikes announcement, the content of the domestic customers sales price increase of 1000 yuan / ton, international customers export price increase of $ 150 / ton.
- TCL: officially entered Colombia.
- TSMC: In April, the company achieved sales of NT$111.32 billion, up 16% year-on-year, and from January to April, the company achieved sales of NT$473.73 billion, up 16.5% year-on-year.
- Sony Corp: The PlayStation 5 supply shortage will continue into 2022 due to a shortage of semiconductors and other components, limiting its console sales target.
- Finland: Exports to China surged in March. Finnish Customs data released on May 7 showed that in March this year, Finland’s exports of goods totaled about 5.7 billion euros, up 12.5% year-on-year, with exports to China totaling more than 300 million euros, an increase of up to 50.5%.
- Forestry and Grass Bureau: By the end of 2020, the national flower planting area reached more than 1.5 million hectares, with annual sales of more than 250 billion yuan. China has become the world’s largest flower production base, an important flower consumer country and a flower import and export trading country.
- The results of the seventh national census were announced! The population of China is more than 141.78 million. China’s male population is 723.34 million, accounting for 51.24%; the female population is 688.44 million, accounting for 48.76%.
- Ministry of Public Security: At present, the number of motor vehicles in the country reached 380 million and the number of drivers reached 465 million. In the first quarter, 9.96 million new motor vehicles were registered.
- China Automobile Dealers Association: In April, the comprehensive inventory coefficient of auto dealers was 1.57, down 10.8% year-on-year and up 1.9% YoY, with inventory levels above the alert line.
- The U.S. suddenly declared a state of national emergency. On May 9, local time, Colonial Pipeline, the largest U.S. operator of refined petroleum products pipelines, was forced to shut down its critical fuel network supplying the eastern U.S. coastal states due to a ransomware attack. A Darkside hacker was responsible for this, saying his aim was CASH and not CHAOS.
- CDC: 3.6 million births nationwide in 2020, down from 3.74 million in 2019 and down 4 percent year-over-year, the sixth consecutive year of declining births in the U.S. and the smallest number of newborns since 1979.