Covid-19 & Vaccine
- On May 7, local time, the World Health Organization announced that a new crown vaccine of China National Pharmaceutical Group will be included in the WHO emergency use list. This vaccine has become the sixth vaccine included in the WHO emergency use list.
- On May 6, according to foreign media reports, at least 17 climbers in the Everest base camp in Nepal have been diagnosed with the COVID-19 virus.
- Nepal is becoming a “small India”. The number of newly diagnosed and death cases in Nepal in a single day continues to hit a new high, reaching 8,970, with a total of 368,580 confirmed cases; 54 new deaths, with a total of 3529 deaths.
- Laos, Cambodia, and Thailand are facing a new wave of virus.
- General Administration of Customs: From January to April, my country’s total import and export value was 11.62 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 28.5% and a year-on-year increase of 21.8%. Among them, exports were 6.32 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 33.8%, and a year-on-year increase of 24.8%; imports were 5.3 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.7%, and a year-on-year increase of 18.4%; a trade surplus was 1.02 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 149.7 %. ASEAN, the European Union, the United States and Japan are my country’s top four trading partners, with imports and exports of 1.72 trillion yuan, 1.63 trillion yuan, 1.44 trillion yuan, and 770.64 billion yuan respectively, an increase of 27.6%, 32.1%, 50.3% and 16.2% respectively.
- Many ship companies’ sea freight rates increase on June 1.
- “Forbes”: Tesla CEO Elon Musk is the world’s highest-paid CEO in 2020, and his salary last year is estimated to be approximately $11 billion. In 2020, Musk surpassed Paycom’s President Chad Richson and 1Life Healthcare President Amir Dan Rubin’s $211 million and $199 million in revenue.
- Some cruise ship manufacturers said that their European shipyard orders are currently very tight, and some are scheduled to 2022 or even 2023. Even some manufacturers have sold out their yachts in stock during the epidemic, and they can only make reservations with foreign factories for repurchase.
- BYD: In April, 45,234 car sales were sold, an increase of 42.21% year-on-year. From January to April, the total vehicle sales volume was 149,379, a year-on-year increase of 60.48%. Among them, the total sales of new energy vehicles totaled 80,413, a year-on-year increase of 128.53%.
- SpaceX: The next mission of the manned Dragon spacecraft “Toughness” will carry four ordinary citizens into space. It will not return to the International Space Station, but will take passengers on a three-day trip around the earth, dated September 15. Billionaire Jared Isaacman provided funding for this mission called “Inspiration 4.”