Trade & Customs
- In 2020, China’s export volume of confectionery products will drop from 340,700 tons to 292,900 tons, with a total export volume of US$868.8 million, accounting for 8.1% of the global total, ranking second in the world.
- Brazil has further reduced import taxes on video game products. Brazil announced a federal decree on August 11, 2021 to reduce industrial product taxes on game consoles, accessories and games (Imposto sobre Produtos Industrializados, referred to as IPI, industrial product taxes are required to be paid when importing and manufacturers/importers selling in Brazil) .This measure aims to promote the development of Brazil’s gaming and gaming industries.
- This measure reduces the IPI of handheld game consoles and game consoles from 30% to 20%;
- For game consoles and game parts that can be connected to a TV or screen, the tax reduction rate will be reduced from 22% to 12%;
- For game consoles with built-in screens, regardless of whether they can be carried, the IPI tax rate has also been reduced from 6% to zero.
This is the third time that Brazilian President Bolsonaro has reduced taxes on the video game industry since he took office. When he first took office, the above-mentioned product tax rates were 50%, 40% and 20%, respectively. The Brazilian e-sports market has grown substantially in recent years. Well-known Brazilian teams have established their own e-sports teams, and the number of viewers watching live e-sports games has also greatly increased.
- During the epidemic in Southeast Asia, 70 million new online shoppers were added. The annual report of Facebook and Bain & Company shows that since the new crown epidemic, 70 million new online consumers have been added in Southeast Asia. It is estimated that by the end of 2021, 70% or more of adults in the region will become online consumers, and the penetration rate of online retail e-commerce will jump from 5% to 9%.
- Categories such as eBay home decoration and furniture will be hot. According to the latest research of eBayAds, as the deadline for the UK stamp duty exemption is approaching, the number of home purchases in the UK will usher in another peak. Demand for categories such as home decoration and furniture on eBay has also increased.
- Hapag-Lloyd ordered another 75,000 containers. A few days ago, Hapag Lloyd has confirmed a new order for 75,000 TEU dry containers to further ease the shortage of empty containers. The ocean carrier stated in a press release that these containers will be manufactured in China and delivered to Hapag-Lloyd in the fourth quarter of 2021.
- For the first time in American history, a “port envoy” was appointed. Recently, the White House announced that John D. Pokhari will serve as the special port envoy for the Biden-Harris government supply chain interruption working group. Boccari will work with ports and stakeholders to resolve the backlog, delivery delays and product shortages faced by American consumers and businesses.
- Shanghai Port: In August, the container throughput reached 4.318 million TEU, setting a monthly production record. On August 19, it broke the single day and night container throughput record with 158,900 TEU.
- China Economic Net: The bottleneck of the global shipping industry is difficult to eliminate, and the price remains high. The multi-party influence caused by shipping congestion and rising freight rates will gradually appear, and supply delays and price increases will have a significant impact on daily life. Analysts said that there is a risk of a downturn in the market when ships are completed and put on the market from 2023 to 2024.
- Recently, Samsung has notified customers that it will increase the price of chip foundry. Samsung plans to increase foundry prices by 15%-20%. This move has been approved by some customers and a new contract has been signed. The specific price increase depends on the customer’s order volume, chip type and contract period. The new price will come into effect in 4 to 5 months.
- First commercial vehicle network: August sales of heavy trucks and excavators fell 52% and 21% year-on-year. Although the sales data of construction machinery is not good, the industry predicts that the lowest moment is about to pass. With the accelerated issuance of special bonds, sales data will change as soon as September.
- Shell: plans to install 50,000 street charging points in the UK by 2025 to help electric car owners who do not have private parking spaces to charge. The UK has set a goal of banning the sale of fuel vehicles by 2030, which will require rapid construction of a charging network.
- SNE Research: From January to July, the global registration volume of hydrogen fuel cell vehicles exceeded 10,000, and Hyundai ranked first in sales, taking half of the country. Thanks to the strong performance of the “NEXO” launched in January this year, Hyundai ranked first with a share of 51.2%, followed by Toyota (40.1%) and Honda (1.6%).
- Xiaopeng Motors: In August, the total delivered 7,214 units, and the delivery volume exceeded 7,000 units for two consecutive months. Among them, Xiaopeng P7 delivered 6,165 units, setting a record high for 4 consecutive months. From January to August, a total of 45,992 units were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 334%.
- Ideal car: In August, 9433 Ideal ONEs were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 248% and a month-on-month increase of 9.8%. From January to August, the total delivery volume reached 48,176, and the current cumulative delivery volume of Ideal ONE has reached 81,773.
- Weilai Automobile: In August, 5880 vehicles were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 48.3%. Due to supply chain constraints, the delivery outlook for the third quarter has been adjusted down by 1,500 vehicles. As of August 31, the cumulative delivery volume of Weilai ES8, ES6 and EC6 reached 131,408.
- World Meteorological Organization: In the past 50 years, the number of disasters such as floods and heat waves caused by climate change has increased fivefold, causing more than 2 million deaths and total losses of US$3.64 trillion. Due to global warming, extreme weather events are becoming more frequent.