COVID-19 & VACCINE
- 10 newly diagnosed local cases in Guangdong, China.
- The WHO has included SinoVac vaccine on its emergency use list.
- Gartner: It is expected that the global chip shortage will continue until 2021 and will not return to normal levels until the second quarter of 2022. The chip shortage mainly stems from the demand for devices such as power management, display devices, and microcontrollers. At present, this shortage has expanded to other equipment, substrates, wire bonding, passive devices, materials and testing all have capacity limitations and shortages.
- China: Starting at 0:00 on June 1, the 618 shopping festival officially opens. On the Tmall platform, in the first hour of the sale, 88VIP users’ consumption increased by 221% year-on-year; on the JD platform, domestic mobile phones became one of the hottest items for consumers to buy. Among them, the sales volume of Xiaomi mobile phones exceeded 100 million in 5 minutes, a year-on-year increase of more than 10 times; the sales volume of iQOO mobile phones exceeded 10,000 in 10 seconds.
- National Copyright Administration: In 2020, the scale of China’s online copyright industry market exceeded 1 trillion yuan for the first time, reaching 118.473 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 23.6%. The penetration rate of the short video market has increased significantly. The number of online short video users has reached 873 million, the number of middle-aged and elderly Internet users over the age of 50 has increased to 260 million, and the number of rural Internet users has increased to 309 million.
- Securities Times: The scale of peak-shifting power consumption measures in the Pearl River Delta is gradually expanding. According to the news, relevant departments are organizing a statistical “survey of self-generating enterprises”. The statistics include enterprises that have self-generated electricity and those that are preparing to generate self-generated electricity. Currently, there are not many self-generating companies, but there are many companies preparing to generate self-generated electricity. The estimated self-generating capacity ranges from 50 kilowatts to 5000 kilowatts.
- For the five companies that originally implemented a 50% daily emission reduction ratio, Chunxing Special Steel, Medium and Heavy Plate, Donghua Iron and Steel, Xinda Iron and Steel, and Songting Iron and Steel, the proposed emission reduction ratio should be adjusted to 30%; the other 15 companies’ emission reduction ratio adjustment Is 20%.
- In May, Caixin China’s manufacturing PMI was 52, an increase of 0.1 percentage point from the previous month, the highest value since 2021.
Trade & Shipment
- OHR: In 2020, SANY Heavy Industry will sell 98,705 excavators, occupying 15% of the global excavator market and becoming the global sales champion. This is the first time in the history of China’s excavator industry that it has topped the global sales list.
- Drewry: The current 40-foot container freight from Shanghai to Rotterdam has risen to US$10,174, an increase of 3.1% from the previous week and a year-on-year increase of 485%. From a global perspective, the world container freight index rose to US$6,257, a year-on-year increase of 293%.
- “Cambodia Times”: From January to May, Cambodia exported 233,000 tons of rice to foreign countries, a year-on-year decrease of 34.5%. The decline in rice exports is attributed to the “maritime crisis” triggered by the shortage of containers, which has led to soaring export shipping costs. From January to May, Cambodia exported 120,000 tons of rice to China, and China is still its largest export market.
- Weilai: In May, a total of 6,711 complete vehicles were delivered, a year-on-year increase of 95.3%. From January to May, a total of 109,514 units were delivered. Due to supply chain fluctuations brought about by chips and adjustments in delivery links, delivery in May was temporarily affected. The delivery pace will be accelerated in June, and the delivery volume guidance for the second quarter will remain unchanged at 21,000 to 22,000 units.
- Xiaopeng Motors: In May, the cumulative delivery volume was 5,686 units, a year-on-year increase of 483%. Among them, the delivery volume of Xiaopeng P7 has been rising all the way, reaching 3797 units, setting the highest monthly delivery record since the large-scale delivery in July 2020. G3 delivered 1,889 units, an increase of 129% year-on-year. From January to May, the cumulative delivery volume reached 24,173 units, 5 times more than the same period last year.
- China Evergrande: In May, the group’s property sales reached 63.86 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.0%; the contracted sales area was 7.817 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 22.8%. From January to May, the total contracted sales of the Group’s properties reached 285.16 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.5%; the contracted sales area was 33.833 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 12.5%.