COVID-19 & Vaccine
- The Indian mutant strain has spread to more than 40 countries and regions around the world. The local case in Guangzhou is an Indian variant virus.
- A mixture of mutant strains of the new coronavirus has been discovered in Vietnam.
- Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is quarantined throughout the city.
- Seven mutated viruses were found in Singapore.
- The number of confirmed cases in Malaysia surged in a single day, and the city was completely closed.
- Japan is considering re-distributing money to needy families, with a maximum subsidy of 300,000 yen (about 18,000 yuan) in three months.
- Italy will launch the green vaccine pass on July 1. Anyone who has completed the vaccination (15 days after the first vaccination), people who have been infected with the new crown and those who have a negative accounting report within 24 hours can get a “green pass” and freely circulate within Italy and the EU.
- As of the evening of May 31, the number of people in France who had completed at least one dose of the new crown vaccination exceeded 25.76 million, accounting for 49.1% of the French adult population. 20.9% of the national adult population has completed two doses of vaccination.
- Health Commission: As of May 30, a total of 63.172 million doses of new crown virus vaccines have been reported across China. Since May, the average daily dose is 12.47 million doses, 2.58 times the number in April, and the highest single-day vaccination is more than 20 million doses. Times.
- Due to large-scale lockdown measures, pharmaceutical companies have basically shut down, and India’s supply chain for exporting drugs to Europe and other regions is currently in a state of collapse. The new crown epidemic has led to a serious decline in the operating rate of Indian factories, and the operating rate of Indian pharmaceutical intermediaries and API companies is only about 30%.
Economy & Industry
- OECD: The global economic growth rate is expected to be 5.8% in 2021, compared to 5.6% before; the US economic growth rate is 6.9%, which was 6.5% before; and the Eurozone economic growth rate is 4.3%, which was 3.9% before. The Chinese economy will continue to maintain a strong momentum of growth. The Chinese economy will grow by 8.5% in 2021 and is expected to grow by 5.8% in 2022, both higher than the global economic growth level.
- TrendForce Consulting: In the second quarter, the foundry will still be in short supply, and the average unit price will continue to rise, which is expected to boost the revenue performance of major players in the second quarter. In the first half of the year, there was no significant expansion of production capacity, and the momentum of various parts and components to pull goods remained strong, and the production capacity utilization rate of each factory was generally maintained at full capacity. Governments of various countries intervene in the production schedule of automotive chips, or will expand the capacity crowding effect. In the second quarter, the total output value of the top ten foundry manufacturers is expected to hit a new single-season high again, with a quarterly increase of 1%-3%.
- Lianhe News.cn: The supply chain revealed that the leading passive component Yageo has adjusted the price of the first-line large-scale assembly plants in a comprehensive way. Chip resistors and tantalum capacitors have increased by an average of about 10%, and MLCC has increased by about 1% to 3%. The new price It came into effect on June 1st.
- Rebecca: The demand for high-margin hand-woven products is strong. Orders are scheduled to April next year, and there is a plan to raise prices for the products. Most of the domestic hand-woven production capacity has been restored, but the current order gap is expected to be about 30%. Due to the acquisition of human hair from India and the production capacity of hand-woven in Southeast Asian countries, the epidemic has blocked the circulation of human hair and hand-woven production capacity, and the total production capacity of hand-woven in the domestic wig industry is tight.
- In March of this year, the United States imported crude oil from Iran for the first time after 30 years, with an average daily import volume of 33,000 barrels. Calculated on the 30th of a month, this means that the United States imported nearly 990,000 barrels of crude oil from Iran in March.
- Egypt attributed the blame for the accident to the captain of the “Ever Given”.
- Russia requires the localization of Facebook and Twitter data.
- Ali invested in an online shopping platform in Vietnam. A few days ago, Alibaba and its partners have invested US$400 million in The CrownX, the retail subsidiary of the Vietnam conglomerate Masan. It is reported that The CrownX is an online shopping platform. This is Alibaba’s first investment in Vietnam, and it is also one of the largest investments in Southeast Asia since it made an additional US$2 billion investment in Lazada in 2018.
- FedEx will increase the peak season surcharge, which will take effect on June 21.
- The Musk underground tunnel will be fully opened. Musk’s Boring company began trial operation in a double tunnel built underneath the Las Vegas Convention Center, which is expected to be fully opened in June. The test-run tunnel is about 1.29 kilometers long. Users do not need to drive by themselves or use App to book a car. They only need to take a car at a designated stop.
- Sony has greatly promoted the automation of TV factories. It will significantly promote factory automation in Malaysia, the main base of the TV business, in order to strengthen the competitiveness of the business system from product design to production integration. Sony plans to reduce production costs by 70% by 2023 compared to 2018.
- The most expensive production car in the world. Rolls-Royce released the first work after the establishment of its exclusive body customization department-“Boat Tail” (Boat Tail).The Boat Tail (浮影)was designed for only three users（one is Chinese buyer）, and it took a total of 4 years from R&D to production. It is estimated that the price of the car may be as high as 20 million pounds, which will surpass the Bugatti La Voiture Noire to become the world’s most expensive mass-produced car.