Covid-19 and Vaccine
- Chinese Ambassador to India: Related domestic companies in China have been stepping up the production of orders for at least 40,000 oxygen generators submitted by the Indian side, striving to deliver the necessary medical supplies to the Indian side as soon as possible.
- The US government will impose travel restrictions on India. Related measures will take effect on May 4.
- Shipbuilding Industry Association: In the first quarter, global new ships traded 12.94 million tons, an increase of 212% year-on-year. Among them, Chinese shipbuilding enterprises received 6.75 million tons, accounting for 52.2% of the global market share, ranking first in the world. Benefiting from the substantial increase in orders, key enterprises achieved 53 billion yuan in revenue from their main operations in the first quarter, a year-on-year increase of 21.6%.
- Economic Information Daily: As the shortage of chips continues, major car companies such as BMW, Daimler, and Honda have successively announced their latest shutdown plans. Roland Berger predicts that the shortage of chips will continue until next year, because the supply of chips continues to be tight, while demand for automobiles is growing. NXP Semiconductors predicts that the supply of automotive chips will be very tight this year, and the shortage of chips facing the automotive industry may continue until 2022.
- NASA: The decision to suspend the award of a $2.9 billion lunar module contract to SpaceX, a space exploration company under Elon Musk. SpaceX was selected by NASA on April 16, but two companies, including Bezos’ Blue Origin, protested the decision.
- On May 1, the national railways ushered in the peak of passenger outflow. It is expected to send 18.3 million passengers, an increase of 6.1% over the same period in 2019. The passenger flow is dominated by holiday visits and travel. On May 1, the national railways implemented a peak train operation chart. It is estimated that 11,416 passenger trains will be operated, of which 1,624 will be added.
- Xinhuanet: In the first quarter, Guangdong’s economic growth rate was higher than that of the whole country, and the total volume of the country continued to exceed one-tenth. The new kinetic energy of Guangdong’s industry is growing steadily, which is one of the core competitiveness of Guangdong manufacturing. The added value of advanced manufacturing increased by 27.6% year-on-year, an average increase of 6.3% in two years. The added value of the high-tech manufacturing industry increased by 21.4% year-on-year, and the two-year average growth rate was 2.2%.
- Weilai:Delivery volume in April was 7,102 vehicles, down 2.1% month-on-month and up 125% year-on-year. Weilai ES8 delivered 1,523 units, Weilai ES6 delivered 3163 units, and Weilai EC6 delivered 2,416 units. As of the end of April, Weilai had delivered 102,803 units in total.