- The Chinese version of the “International Travel Health Certificate” was officially launched. On March 8, the Chinese version of the “International Travel Health Certificate” WeChat applet was officially launched, which can display the holder’s nucleic acid, serum IgG antibody test results, and vaccination status.
- The artificial cornea developed in China may be used clinically in June 2021, which will bring light to Chinese patients with terminal corneal blindness. After installing the artificial cornea, the vision can be restored to 1.0. At present, there are more than 30 clinical patients whose visual acuity has recovered to more than 0.5, and the effect is very good. At present, the cost of imported artificial cornea in the United States is 50,000 US dollars, and it is estimated that domestic artificial cornea is only 1/10 of imported, about 5,000 US dollars.
- IDC: The global big data market spending scale will reach approximately US$298.3 billion in 2024, and the five-year forecast period (2020-2024) will achieve a compound growth rate of approximately 10.4%. China’s big data expenditures are showing a steady growth overall, and the total market is expected to exceed 20 billion U.S. dollars in 2024, an increase of 145% compared with 2019. At the same time, the five-year CAGR of China’s big data market is approximately 19.7%, leading the global growth rate.
- S&P Global Rating: Starting from mid-2020, China’s new energy vehicle market has entered a post-subsidy era, and the acceptance by end consumers has continued to increase. It is estimated that in 2021 and 2022, the sales of new energy vehicles will achieve an annual growth of 40% to 50%, and more traditional automakers will launch new energy vehicles by then. Self-owned brands currently account for about 70% of new energy vehicle retail sales
- iPhone 11 is the world’s largest smartphone shipped in 2020. In 2020, iPhone 11 will ship 64.8 million units. The iPhone 11 shipped more than 18 million more than the iPhone XR, the smartphone with the highest shipment in 2019.
- UBI Research: In 2020, total shipments of OLED panels will reach 57788 million units, an increase of 20.41 million units or 3.7% from the previous year. In addition to large-size TVs and smart phones, related demand for automobiles and notebooks has driven the growth of OLED panels. However, the demand for OLEDs for tablet PCs has decreased.
- China Steel Association: From January to February 2021, my country imported 2.395 million tons of steel, a year-on-year increase of 355,000 tons, an increase of 17.4%; the average import price was US$1095.6/ton, an increase of US$77.8/ton, an increase of 7.6%. In the same period, my country imported 181.506 million tons of iron ore, a year-on-year increase of 4.811 million tons, an increase of 2.8%; the average import price was US$144.5/ton, an increase of US$52.2/ton year-on-year, an increase of 56.6%.
- Passenger Association: In February, the wholesale sales of new energy passenger vehicles reached 100 thousand, a year-on-year increase of 640.2% and a month-on-month decrease of 39.5%. Companies with sales of new energy passenger vehicles exceeding 10,000 in February included 20,819 SAIC-GM-Wuling vehicles, 18,318 Tesla China, and 10,245 BYD. Tesla produced 23,632 vehicles in February.
- Bloomberg recently reported that the South Korean government intends to take the lead in major industry companies such as Samsung Electronics, SK Hysley, and Hyundai Motor to form a chip alliance to ensure the development of automotive and other related industries.
- Wal-Mart recently pledged to support American manufacturers to increase spending by US$350 billion on goods manufactured or assembled in the United States in the next 10 years. Wal-Mart US CEO John Furner said in a blog post that this move will help create more than 750,000 American jobs. The company will focus on investing in plastics, small electrical appliances, food processing, pharmaceuticals and medical supplies.
- DuPont announced a US$2.3 billion acquisition. On the 8th, industrial materials manufacturer DuPont announced that it would acquire Laird Performance Materials from Advent International for US$2.3 billion. The transaction is expected to be completed in the third quarter of 2021.
- Toyota’s sales in China surged by 81%. Toyota recently announced that China’s sales in February were 117,400 vehicles, down 38.05% from the previous month. Affected by the epidemic and other factors in the same period last year, the sales volume was only 23,800. In the first two months of this year, Toyota sold a total of 306,900 vehicles, a year-on-year increase of 81.4%. Despite a drop in the month-on-month comparison, Toyota’s sales last month still ranked first among the “Japan’s top three”. Honda sold 82,000 vehicles in February, and Nissan sold 76,000 vehicles in February.
- Daimler Trucks and Volvo Group fuel cell joint venture-Daimler Truck Fuel Cell GmbH & Co. KG. Volvo Group holds a 50% stake in the new company. The goal of the two companies is for the new joint venture to become a leading fuel cell manufacturer in the industry. The main center of the new joint venture will be the research and development, production and commercialization of fuel cell systems for heavy-duty trucks and others. application.
- The Renault Group and Plug Power Inc will cooperate in the field of hydrogen-fueled light commercial vehicles. A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) has been signed to establish a joint venture company in France in the first half of 2021. Both parties will hold 50% of the shares. The goal of the joint venture is It has a market share of more than 30% in the European fuel cell-driven light commercial vehicle (LCV) market.
- Polyester yarn: Brazil initiates an anti-dumping investigation (for polyester yarn (except sewing thread) originating in China and India, not for retail use, including synthetic fiber monofilament with a fineness of 67 dtex or less)
- Cigarette paper: Indonesia has made a final decision on safeguard measures (Indonesia’s investigation agency has made a positive final decision on imported cigarette paper and recommended a safeguard tax: IDR 7,513,743/ton in the first stage, IDR 7,363,468/ton in the second stage, and the third stage is IDR 7,216,199/ton.)
- Nanjing Iron and Steel Co., Ltd.: Set up a 2.6 million tons coke project in Indonesia
- Evergreen Shipping re-orders 18,000 containers
- The European Union announced that it is working on a self-reliance plan to manufacture advanced chips on its own by 2030.
- Australia’s economy grew by 3.1% in the fourth quarter.
- The Austrian economy shrank by 6.6% last year.
- Japan has introduced new support policies to boost the shipbuilding industry to achieve the development goal of 2025-new orders accounted for 30% of the world.