- IResearch: In 2020, the number of e-sports game users in China will reach 488 million. The current number of e-sports companies exceeds 10,000, and more than 200 cities are developing the e-sports industry. From January to August, the average annual salary of mid- to high-end talents in the e-sports field was 21.6 million yuan, second only to the financial industry known for its high salaries, and 11.8 million yuan higher than the Internet.
- Zinc: The price of zinc continued to rise after the National Day. As of October 14, the price of zinc was RMB 2,5086.00/ton, an increase of 5.25% from the previous trading day and an increase of 10.58% from October 1. The shortage of electricity has increased the market’s concerns about the start of zinc smelters, stimulating the rise of zinc prices, and China’s spot zinc prices have gone straight to the highest price in 17 years.
- China Research Network: Rising oil prices have put tremendous pressure on transportation companies. The current fuel cost has increased by 70%, and the freight has to be increased by about 21% in order to stabilize the increased cost.
- China Machinery Industry Federation: From May to September, China’s automobile production and sales fell for five consecutive months year-on-year. Based on this speculation, the shortage of chips may reduce production by about 2 million units throughout the year. There are also a series of products that rely heavily on imports in the supply chain, such as industrial sensors, basic industrial software, special raw materials, and precision instrumentation. Once natural and man-made disasters occur, they may have a greater impact.
- China Automobile Association: Software-defined cars have become the industry consensus and future development trend.
- In the first half of 2021, women’s clothing, snack food, beauty care, household pets, and jewelry are the top five categories with the highest sales on Douyin’s entire platform; women’s shoes/men’s shoes/bags (261%), women’s clothing (207%), and household pets (192%) and beauty care (187%) are the four categories with the largest increase in sales across the platform, and “her economy” is still the largest consumption growth point.
- Zijin Mining: The net profit in the third quarter was 4.653 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 116.34%; the net profit in the first three quarters was 11.302 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 147.19%.
- France: Measures will be introduced to cope with rising energy prices.
- Korea Meteorological Agency: The minimum temperature in the early morning of October 17th in Seoul will drop to 1 degree Celsius, setting the lowest record in mid-October in the past 64 years.
- Recently, as the price of natural gas has continued to soar, the European energy crisis has become increasingly serious. EU officials stated that EU natural gas inventories have reached their lowest level in nearly a decade. At the same time, the UK continues to have energy companies facing bankruptcy.
- European natural gas prices have soared by nearly 600% this year. The soaring energy prices have reduced industrial production and exposed European residents to higher heating bills.
- Science and Technology Daily: Due to climate change and global warming, the sea ice area of the Arctic Ocean is shrinking rapidly, and the current area is less than half of the area of the 1980s. The area of 1 million square kilometers north of Greenland and the Canadian coast is called the “Last Ice Zone.” Researchers from Columbia University in the United States said that the “last ice zone” of the Arctic Ocean may disappear in 2100.
- International Energy Agency: Raise global oil demand for this year and next. Increase global oil demand in 2021 and 2022 to an average of 96.3 million barrels per day and an average of 99.6 million barrels per day, respectively. Record-breaking coal and natural gas prices and power outages have prompted the power sector and energy-intensive industries in countries around the world to switch to oil, thereby pushing up global oil demand.