- SMIC Zhao Haijun: Over the past year, there has been a huge gap in the production capacity of local products such as high-end analog, display drivers, micro-control units, and image chips.
- Post Office: From November 1st to 11th, China Post and express delivery companies handled 4.776 billion express mails, a year-on-year increase of more than 20%. Among them, a total of 696 million express shipments were processed on November 11, a steady rise and a new record high.
- Energy Bureau: In October, the electricity consumption of the whole society continued to grow, reaching 660.3 billion kilowatt-hours, an increase of 6.1% year-on-year, and an average increase of 6.8% in two years. In terms of industries, the power consumption of the primary industry was 8.3 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 14.7%; the power consumption of the secondary industry was 451.1 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 3.2%; the power consumption of the tertiary industry was 112.3 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 14.3 %
- CCTV Finance: The cold wave hits, and the sales of down jackets and thermal underwear have skyrocketed. The down jacket category had its first sales peak on October 14, which was 18 days earlier than November 1 last year. In addition, some people who may not wear long trousers in the past have also bought long trousers to resist the cold wave this year. Among them, male consumers accounted for two-thirds. Sales of home warming equipment have skyrocketed, and “the stronger the cold wave, the more prosperous the industry.”
- Tesla: According to the US official website, the price of Model Y has increased by $1,000 again. The Model Y long-life version is currently priced at US$58,990, while the high-performance version is priced at US$63,990.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations predicts that global food import costs will hit a record high in 2021, surpassing US$1.75 trillion, a year-on-year increase of 14%. This round of increase is mainly due to the overall increase in the price of food commodities in international trade and the triple increase in freight rates.
Covid19 & Vaccine
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs: China has overcome the practical difficulties of its huge population base and tight vaccine supply. So far, it has provided more than 1.7 billion doses of vaccine to more than 110 countries and international organizations in the world. In 2021, it will strive to provide 2 billion doses to the outside world. At present, China has become the country that provides the largest number of new crown vaccines in the world, and most of the vaccines obtained by developing countries so far come from China.
- Academician Zhong Nanshan: After the two doses of the new crown vaccine have been vaccinated, a third dose is required. Regardless of whether the whole virus inactivated vaccine or the mRNA vaccine, the humoral immune function is significantly reduced after half a year of treatment. This problem exists in vaccines all over the world, so a third dose of vaccine must be supplemented. At present, 1.073 billion people in China have completed the entire vaccination process, with an inoculation rate of 75.8%, and 41.713 million people have been intensified vaccination.