Trade & Shipment
- Inflation in Germany hit a record high, and the prices of imported products soared. The latest data from the German Federal Statistical Office show that the consumer price index of German residents is rising at the fastest rate in the past three decades. In September, the inflation rate jumped to 4.1%, surpassing the median value estimated by economists based on data from the Federal Bureau of Statistics. Imported commodity prices rose nearly 17% year-on-year.
- Australia’s international trade surplus broke another record. The latest data released by the Australian Bureau of Statistics recently showed that Australia’s international trade surplus in August rose from the previous A$12.7 billion to A$15.1 billion, setting an all-time high and breaking the forecast of shrinking to A$10.3 billion.
- The import and export volume of Vietnam’s goods has increased substantially. Statistics released by the Vietnam General Administration of Statistics show that in September 2021, Vietnam’s import and export volume of goods reached 53.5 billion U.S. dollars, an increase of 4.2% year-on-year. Vietnam’s cumulative total of imports and exports of goods in the first nine months increased to 483.17 billion US dollars, an increase of 24.4% year-on-year, of which exports increased by 18.8% and imports increased by 30.5%.
- Recently, shipping prices on China-US routes have fallen.
- Global airline cargo revenue will set a record. The International Air Transport Association IATA recently issued a forecast that in 2022, global airlines’ cargo demand will be 13.2% higher than before the epidemic. Freight revenue in 2021 will reach a record 175 billion U.S. dollars, and is expected to remain at a level of 169 billion U.S. dollars in 2022 due to the slowdown in freight revenue growth.
- COSCO SHIPPING launched the “U.S. Line Direct Passenger Express Line”. A few days ago, COSCO SHIPPING Group stated that with the recent market peak season, China’s export demand to North America continues to increase. It will launch the “U.S. direct passenger express line” in mid-October, and the delivery speed will be more than 2 weeks higher than the current conventional route.
- CCTV: In 2020, the overall output value of China’s satellite navigation and location service industry with Beidou applications as the core will reach 403.3 billion yuan, an increase of about 16.9% over 2019. Among them, the associated output value derived from satellite navigation applications and services increased by about 19.9% year-on-year, reaching 273.8 billion yuan.
- Strategy Analytics: In the first half of the year, the global smartphone display panel market had revenue of 21 billion U.S. dollars. Samsung Display (48%), BOE (15%), Tianma Microelectronics (8%) and other smart phone display panel market revenue grew by double digits. The top three suppliers account for nearly 71% of the total revenue share of the global smartphone display panel market.
- Economic Information Daily: In October, the price of lithium iron phosphate in the Chinese market remained high. Its quotation on October 9 was 80,000 yuan/ton, an increase of 110.53% compared to the beginning of the year. Since the beginning of this year, a number of chemical companies have announced plans to deploy lithium iron phosphate or iron phosphate industries, such as China Nuclear Titanium Dioxide, Longbai Group and Anada, which are mainly engaged in titanium dioxide, and Xingfa Group and Chuanheng Co., Ltd. in the phosphorus chemical sector.
- China Shipbuilding Corporation Economic Research Center: Since 2021, the international shipbuilding market has been significantly boosted, and the global demand for new ships has rebounded significantly. In the first three quarters, over 350 shipowners placed orders for shipbuilding, a year-on-year increase of 220.8% in terms of deadweight tonnage.
- eBay launched a free return service promotion program.
- The Home Depot announced that it will cooperate with retail giant Wal-Mart to improve the delivery of goods on the same day and the next day.
- TCL Chairman Li Dongsheng: At present, TCL has invested nearly 200 billion yuan in the Greater Bay Area to establish semiconductor display production lines and smart terminal production bases in Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Huizhou, Zhongshan and other cities, and set up artificial intelligence laboratories in Hong Kong.
- Sony: The subsidiary in India will merge with a large local broadcasting and television company. The combined company is expected to become India’s largest broadcasting and television company, with Sony holding more than 50% of its shares and an investment of about 150 billion yen. It plans to take the lead in expanding online publishing services in India, which has a population of 1.3 billion, to compete with Walt Disney’s companies and others.
- TISCO Stainless: The profit in the first three quarters is expected to be 6.6 billion-7 billion yuan, an increase of 516.6%-553.97% year-on-year; the third quarter profit is expected to be 1.865 billion yuan-2.265 billion yuan, an increase of 288.26%-371.53% year-on-year. Affected by the recovery of the macro economy, demand for steel products in downstream industries has increased, and steel prices have risen.
- Panzhihua Iron and Steel Vanadium Titanium: The net profit attributable to the parent in the first three quarters is estimated to be 760 million yuan to 80 million yuan, an increase of 300% -326% year-on-year; the third quarter profit is expected to be 260 million yuan to 310 million yuan, an increase of 149%-196% year-on-year. Both the price and sales volume of vanadium and titanium products achieved substantial growth year-on-year.
- All-China Federation of Industry and Commerce: released the list of “500 Private Enterprises R&D Investment in 2021”. Huawei ranked first, Alibaba and Tencent ranked second and third. The entry threshold for the list is 237 million yuan in R&D investment in the previous year. The total R&D expenses of the 500 enterprises were 742.9 billion yuan, of which the R&D expenses of the most invested enterprises were 141.9 billion yuan.
- CICC: The La Niña climate may trigger cold weather or benefit the energy, coal, textile and chemical fiber, urea fertilizer and other related industry chains, intensify the market’s worries about winter energy shortages, and to a certain extent push up natural gas, heating oil, and coal. , Cotton textiles, chemical fertilizers and other bulk commodities.
- Chinanews.com: 22 provinces announced cultural travel data during the National Day holiday. Among them, Sichuan Province took the lead. During the Golden Week, it received 67,822,800 tourists and achieved a comprehensive tourism income of 50.904 billion yuan, which was restored to 99.95% and 95.97% in the same period in 2019, respectively. In addition, Jiangsu and Jiangxi National Day tourism revenues both exceeded 40 billion yuan; Henan and Guizhou followed closely behind, in the “30 billion yuan echelon.”
- Hunan Energy Planning Research Center: Hunan’s total installed power generation capacity in 2020 will be 49.84 million kilowatts, an increase of 5.1% year-on-year; power generation will be 157 billion kilowatt-hours, the same as in 2019. Among them, the installed capacity of wind power was 6.69 million kilowatts and the installed capacity of photovoltaic power was 3.91 million kilowatts, an increase of 56.7% and 13.6% respectively year-on-year. New energy generated 16.8 billion kilowatt-hours of electricity, accounting for the first time that the proportion of the province’s electricity generation exceeded 10%.
- World Meteorological Organization: Climate change will cause a global water crisis, and international agencies and governments have not done enough to prepare. As of 2018, about 3.6 billion people have insufficient water consumption for at least one month each year, and it is expected that this number will exceed 5 billion by 2050.
- Deputy Prime Minister of Russia: Russia plans to start year-round shipping through the North Sea route across the Arctic in 2022 or 2023. Russian officials hope to increase the volume of goods transported through the route to 80 million tons per year, nearly three times the amount last year.
- The growth rate of non-agricultural employment in the United States in September was far less than expected. According to data released by the US Department of Labor recently, the growth rate of non-agricultural employment in the United States unexpectedly slowed down in September, with only 194,000 new jobs, the smallest increase since January this year. Previously estimated to increase by 500,000, the previous value increased by 235,000, less than half of market expectations.
Leave A Comment