- In the lithium-related industry chain, the supply will be tight in the third quarter of 2021, and the price is expected to rise from 90,000 yuan/ton in August 2021 to 200,000 yuan/ton. The production capacity of leading companies continues to climb. Mercedes-Benz will use lithium iron phosphate batteries in the standard battery life of its entry-level new energy vehicles, Tesla, NIO, Xiaopeng, AION and other traditional car companies; It has an advantage in thermal stability. LG has also begun to test lithium iron phosphate batteries, and the proportion of lithium iron phosphate will continue to rise for some time to come.
- The current lithium battery raw material market is roughly divided into the lithium carbonate market represented by lithium iron phosphate batteries, and the lithium hydroxide market represented by high nickel ternary batteries. The output of lithium iron phosphate batteries in September was 1.4 times that of ternary lithium batteries and 1.6 times the installed capacity. At present, the bottleneck of power battery production capacity lies in lithium carbonate. The production capacity of lithium carbonate has been fully loaded, and the price has skyrocketed. Global lithium resources have been looted by Chinese companies for the past two years. In the past month or so, Chinese companies have participated in 8 lithium mining investment transactions with a total amount of nearly 20 billion yuan.
- Deloitte: The global lithium battery market demand is growing rapidly, and it is predicted to reach a total demand of 122.3 billion watt-hours in 2025. Its development is mainly driven by the growth of power lithium battery demand. According to statistics, the demand for power batteries in the Chinese market in 2020 is ranked First in the world. With the consumption drive of China’s new energy vehicles and the improvement of the overall ecological environment, even if subsidies decline, China’s power battery terminal demand continues to be optimistic, and it is expected to grow at a rate of 40% in the next five years.
- Chips: The global chip shortage, the US Department of Commerce government previously required TSMC, Intel, Samsung, SK Hynix and other chip manufacturers to submit relevant “confidential information” before November 8, causing controversy. At present, 23 Taiwanese manufacturers, including TSMC, have responded to the U.S. side’s “paper submission” and returned relevant data before the deadline. In addition to TSMC, South Korean Samsung, SK Hynix and other companies have not yet responded to “handover”; in addition, the US Intel and German manufacturer Infineon, which have publicly stated that they will cooperate with the United States, have not yet responded.
- South Korea: In order to alleviate the urea shortage, a special operation of cracking down on car urea solution and urea speculation was launched on November 8. A multi-departmental joint inspection on the illegal circulation of urea was carried out from 0:00 on the same day. Based on the inspection date, the reserves of urea solution manufacturers, importers and sellers and urea importers shall not exceed 110% of the average monthly sales volume last year.
- China Passenger Car Association: In October, the retail sales of passenger vehicles in China was 1.717 million, a year-on-year decrease of 13.9% and a decrease of 7% compared to October 2019. The overall retail sales in October was not strong. The retail sales of new energy passenger vehicles reached 321,000, a year-on-year increase of 141.1% and a month-on-month decrease of 3.9%. The sales of new power car companies such as Xiaopeng, Nezha, Ideal, WM, Weilai, and Lingpao performed generally better year-on-year and month-on-month.
- Nezha Automobile: CATL and Nezha Automobile formally signed a strategic agreement. CATL will participate in the D2 round of financing, strategically invest in Nezha Automobile, and fully open strategic cooperation in the areas of technology research and development and supply chain assurance.
- Development and Reform Commission: With the release of coal mine nuclear capacity increase, the gradual commissioning of coal mine construction, and the temporary shutdown of coal mine production, coal production has continued to increase since October. From November 1 to 5, the daily dispatched coal output reached 11.66 million tons, compared with 9. At the end of the month, there was an increase of more than 1.2 million tons, and the highest daily output reached 11.93 million tons, a record high in recent years.
- Hangzhou Daily: On the eve of Double Eleven, the demand for part-time anchors in the e-commerce industry dropped by 58% compared with the same period last year, while MCN’s demand for part-time recruitment for this position increased by 437% compared with last year. The content community invests more in the salary of talents, and the salary of its popular live broadcast operation/promotion positions is 86.5% higher than that of the e-commerce industry.