- Bureau of Statistics: In February, the manufacturing PMI was 52.6%, an increase of 2.5 percentage points from the previous month. Non-manufacturing PMI was 56.3%, an increase of 1.9 percentage points from the previous month. The composite PMI output index was 56.4%, an increase of 3.5 percentage points from the previous month.
- Jin Zhuanglong, Minister of Industry and Information Technology: Forward-looking layout of future industries. It will study and formulate an action plan for future industrial development, accelerate the layout of frontier fields such as humanoid robots, metaverse, and quantum technology, and comprehensively promote the research and development of 6G technology. It also encourages local governments to try first and speed up the layout of future industries.
- The “China Digital Rural Development Report (2022)” was officially released. A comprehensive summary of new progress and achievements in the development of digital villages since 2021, covering rural digital infrastructure, smart agriculture, new rural business models and models, rural digital governance, rural network culture, rural digital services for the benefit of the people, smart green villages, and digital villages and development environment, and try to evaluate the development level of digital villages in each region.
- The State Information Center officially released the “China Sharing Economy Development Report (2023)中国共享经济发展报告（2023）”. The report mentioned that the transaction scale of China’s sharing economy market in 2022 was about 3,832 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of about 3.9%.
- Macau Gaming Inspection and Coordination Bureau: In February, the gross revenue of lucky gaming was 10.324 billion patacas, a year-on-year increase of 33.1%. From January to February, the gross income of lucky games was 21.9 billion patacas, a year-on-year increase of 55.3%.
- NIO: In the fourth quarter of 2022, revenue was 16.06 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 62.2%. The total revenue in 2022 reached 49.27 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 36.3%; the annual loss was 14.559 billion yuan, a loss of 10.572 billion yuan in the same period last year. Auto sales in the fourth quarter of 2022 was 14.759 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 60.2%, and a quarter-on-quarter increase of 23.7%; car deliveries was 40,052, a year-on-year increase of 60%.
- Weibo: Revenue in the fourth quarter of 2022 was US$448 million, a year-on-year decrease of 27%. Total revenue in 2022 was US$1.84 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 15%; net profit was US$85.6 million, compared with US$428 million in the same period last year. As of the end of the fourth quarter, monthly active users reached 586 million, a net increase of 13 million year-on-year, and daily active users reached 252 million, a net increase of 3 million year-on-year.
- Eli Lilly礼来公司: Two of its best-selling insulin products两种胰岛素, Humalog and Humulin, will cut prices by 70% in the fourth quarter. Starting May 1, the list price for unbranded insulin dropped from $82 to $25 a vial, less than Lilly’s list price for Humalog in 1999. There are also plans to limit patients’ out-of-pocket costs to $35 per month.
- Target: Announced fourth-quarter 2022 results. Revenue in the fourth quarter was US$31.4 billion, up 1.3% year-on-year, better than market expectations; net profit was US$876 million, down 43.3% year-on-year; earnings per share were US$1.89, better than market expectations of US$1.48.
- Matson Shipping announced its full-year 2022 results. In 2022, the company achieve consolidated revenue of US$4.343 billion and US$3.925 billion in 2021, a year-on-year increase of 10.6%. During the same period, it achieved a net profit of US$1.064 billion, and US$927 million in 2021, a year-on-year increase of 14.8%.
- German chemical giant BASF: plans to lay off 2,600 people.
- On the 1st, HP released its financial report for the first quarter of fiscal year 2023. The report shows that net revenue in the first fiscal quarter was US$13.8 billion, a decrease of 18.8% compared with US$17 billion in the same period last year; net profit was US$500 million, a decrease of 55% compared with US$1.1 billion in the same period last year.
- German Federation of Industry and Commerce: The large-scale green subsidies introduced by the United States are attracting German companies to invest in the United States. Up to 10% of German companies plan to relocate production to other countries, with the US particularly favored. 23% of automakers and supply chains are considering relocating production.
- On March 1, the opening ceremony of the Moscow Metro Ring Line in the Russian capital was held. With a total length of 70 kilometers, the Moscow Metro Ring is currently the longest subway ring in the world.
- Imperial Japan Database: In March, 3,442 kinds of food, including processed food and snacks, increased in price.
- Statistics South Africa: The unemployment rate in the fourth quarter of 2022 reached 32.7%, a decrease of 0.2 percentage points from the previous quarter, which means that nearly 16 million South Africans are still unemployed during this period.
- Sweden: Economic growth of 2.4% in 2022.
- The European Union: announced that it will extend the sanctions against Belarus for one year.
- Austria: Since March 1, passengers from China are not required to show a negative nucleic acid test certificate before boarding the plane.
- Brazil: According to Nuvemshop, online retail sales in Brazil reached 237.5 million reais in January 2023, an increase of 33% over the same period in 2022. In January, the average value of each online order was R$ 251, up 7% year-on-year.
Leave A Comment