- US research firm Gartner: Global IT spending in 2023 may only increase by 2.4% from 2022, reaching $4.5 trillion. Affected by the global inflation and the deterioration of the economic situation, the purchase enthusiasm of enterprises and consumers for IT terminals has dropped sharply. Spending on PCs, smartphones, tablets, and other devices is expected to be $685.6 billion,a year-on-year decrease of 5.1%.
- CINNO Research: In 2022, the sales volume of smartphones in the Chinese market may only be about 255 million units, a year-on-year decrease of 19%. The sales volume in each quarter showed negative growth year-on-year, with a decline of 14%-21%, setting the worst annual sales performance since 2015. The situation may gradually improve in the second half of 2023.
- Fliggy: As of now, the number of bookings for Spring Festival travel in 2023 has increased by more than 60% year-on-year. The demand for medium and long-term travel continued to recover, and the proportion of inter-provincial travel orders exceeded 80%, and the number of outbound travel bookings hit a peak in the past three years. During the Spring Festival, the average unit price of related tourism products increased by more than 70% year-on-year.
- China Securities Journal: Jiangxi, Fujian and other places have recently introduced cement staggered production plans for 2023, and the number of staggered production days is relatively large overall. Among them, Jiangxi Province made it clear that the initial plan for staggered production of cement plants throughout the year is 100 days. Looking back on 2022, the national cement market demand will drop sharply, cement production will drop to the lowest level since 2012, and the execution effect of staggered production will be better.
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism: Starting from February 6, 2023, national travel agencies and online travel companies will be piloted to resume outbound group travel and “air ticket + hotel” business for Chinese citizens to relevant countries. From January 20, 2023, travel agencies and online travel companies can carry out preparations for product releases, publicity and promotion, etc. The list of countries is Thailand, Indonesia, Cambodia, Maldives, etc.
- Central Bank: On January 20, 2023, 62 billion yuan of 7-day period and 319 billion yuan of 14-day period reverse repurchase operations will be carried out. The winning bid rates will be 2.0% and 2.15%, respectively, which are the same as before. As 55 billion yuan of 7-day reverse repurchases expired on that day, a net investment of 326 billion yuan was realized on that day. The central bank’s open market released a net investment of 2,045 billion yuan this week, a record high for a single week.
- Bureau of Statistics: In 2022, China’s total social research and experimental development (R&D) investment will reach 3.087 billion yuan, an increase of 10.4% over the previous year.The ratio of R&D expenditure to the gross domestic product (GDP) reached 2.55%, an increase of 0.12 percentage points over the previous year.
- Shanghai Securities News: In 2022, the total import and export value of the three provinces and one city in the Yangtze River Delta was 15.07 trillion yuan, a record high, an increase of 6.9% over 2021, accounting for 35.8% of the country’s total import and export value. The industry said that in 2022, the three provinces and one city in the Yangtze River Delta (长三角三省一市：江浙徽+上海)will withstand the pressure, and the total value of imports and exports still account for more than one-third of the country, which is an important ballast stone for the country’s foreign trade.
- Focus Media分众传媒: It is estimated that the net profit in 2022 will be 2.771 billion to 2.851 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 52.98%-54.3%. In 2022, due to the weak demand in the advertising market due to the impact of the epidemic, the normal release of advertisements in some key cities was restricted, and business activities were greatly affected.
- Qualcomm: With the deepening of digital transformation and the Internet of Everything, the world will need to double its foundry capacity in the next 10 years. At present, the company is making great strides in emerging markets such as automotive chips.
- Recently, the wave of layoffs of large technology companies in the United States has intensified. Alphabet, the parent company of Google, plans to lay off nearly 12,000 employees globally, accounting for more than 6% of the total global workforce; Microsoft announced that it will cut 10,000 jobs, or nearly 5%, which will affect all teams and every region of the world. Employees; Amazon kicks off plan to cut 18,000 jobs, formally issuing notices to layoffs.
- United Nations World Tourism Organization: The global tourism industry will usher in a strong recovery in 2023. Global international tourist arrivals could return to 80%-95% of pre-pandemic levels in 2023, depending on the economic slowdown, tourism recovery in the Asia-Pacific region, developments in the Russia-Ukraine war, and other factors.
- South Korea: The relaxation of epidemic prevention drove the number of people entering and leaving South Korea to increase by 326% year-on-year to 19.4142 million in 2022. Although this value is only 21% of that in 2019 (93.5481 million) before the outbreak of the new crown epidemic, the recovery momentum continues to strengthen.
- United Nations: 22.5% of the Latin American and Caribbean population, or 130 million people, cannot afford a healthy diet. Eight million more people in Latin America and the Caribbean could not afford a healthy diet in 2020 compared to 2019. There is a clear relationship between the inability to afford a healthy diet and the level of national income, poverty incidence and inequality.
- South Africa: The inflation rate reached 6.9% in 2022, 2.4 percentage points higher than the 4.5% in 2021. It was also the biggest gain since the end of the global financial crisis in 2009.
Leave A Comment