- Core Orientation Systems核心定向系统, Products Containing Core Orientation Systems, and Components and Methods of Use Thereof: U.S. Issues Section 337 Final Ruling. On January 17, the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) announced that it had made a final ruling on Part 337 of specific core orientation systems, products containing core orientation systems, their components, and methods of use: the administrative judge in this case ruled on December 19, 2022 The preliminary ruling (No.31) made on the 11th will not be reviewed, that is, except for one named defendant whose investigation has been withdrawn by the applicant, a consent order is reached with the remaining named defendants and the investigation is terminated.
- Vietnam: car imports hit a new high in 2022. According to the Vietnam Communist Party Newsletter, the General Administration of Customs of Vietnam stated that in 2022, Vietnam’s automobile imports reached more than 170,000 vehicles, the highest in history; the total import volume reached 3.84 billion US dollars, with a year-on-year increase of 8.5% and 5% respectively. Indonesia and Thailand are the two largest automobile supply markets in Vietnam. In 2022, Vietnam imported a total of 162,043 vehicles from Indonesia, Thailand and China, accounting for 93.4% of Vietnam’s total vehicle imports.
- China Nonferrous Metals Industry Association中国有色金属工业协会: Domestic polysilicon多晶硅 prices stopped falling and stabilized this week. Under the support of multiple factors, the prices of various types of silicon materials rebounded slightly. 16.0-170,000 yuan/ton, with a weekly average price increase of 3.02%.
- TrendForce: In the first quarter of 2023, the demand for wafer foundries will continue to decline from mature to advanced, and the wafer orders of major IC design factories will spread from the first quarter to the second quarter. From the first quarter to the second quarter, the performance of capacity utilization was not satisfactory, and there was still no obvious sign of order return. It is estimated that the foundry output value in 2023 will decrease by about 4% year-on-year.
- Canalys: Global smartphone shipments in the fourth quarter of 2022 drop by 17% year-on-year. Full-year 2022 shipments fell 11% to below 1.2 billion units. In 2023, the smartphone market will remain flat or grow slightly, and the situation is still severe.
- SMBC: The recovery in air travel in China is expected to dominate the industry this year, while global recession risks will be limited to some regions. Rapid growth in domestic and cross-border passenger traffic in China will have a significant impact on aircraft demand.
- National Development and Reform Commission: In 2022, a total of 109 fixed asset investment projects were approved, with a total investment of 1.48 trillion yuan, of which 79 were approved and 30 were approved, mainly in industries such as transportation, energy, water conservancy, and information technology.
- Foreign Exchange Bureau: In December 2022, banks settle 1,461 billion yuan in foreign exchange, sell 1,412.2 billion yuan in foreign exchange, and have a surplus of 48.8 billion yuan in foreign exchange settlement and sales. From January to December 2022, banks have accumulated foreign exchange settlement of 17,238.6 billion yuan, cumulative foreign exchange sales of 16,546.7 billion yuan, and a cumulative surplus of 691.9 billion yuan in foreign exchange settlement and sales.
- Ministry of Commerce: From January to December 2022, the actual use of foreign capital in the country was 1,232.68 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 6.3% on a comparable basis; the actual use of foreign capital in manufacturing was 323.7 billion, a year-on-year increase of 46.1%; the actual use of foreign capital in high-tech industries increased by 28.3%, A year-on-year increase of 7.1%.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: The daily production capacity of ibuprofen and acetaminophen has exceeded 200 million tablets for 17 consecutive days, and a total of 5.14 billion tablets have been supplied so far. The daily output of invasive ventilators increased by 239% compared with that before New Year’s Day. The daily output of finger clip oximeter exceeds 460,000 units, which meets the needs of the society.
- Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs: Actively and steadily deepen rural reform, steadily promote the second round of land contract extension after the expiry of the 30-year pilot project, steadily promote the two pilot projects of rural homestead reform, focus on cultivating new agricultural business entities, and promote high-level agricultural opening to the outside world .
- Foreign Exchange Bureau: In December 2022, the net increase in holdings of domestic bonds and stocks by foreign investors was US$7.3 billion and US$8.4 billion, respectively. Recently, foreign investment in the domestic securities market has remained active. In the first half of January 2023, the net purchase of domestic stocks and bonds totaled approximately US$12.6 billion.
- Energy Bureau: As of the end of December 2022, the country’s cumulative installed power generation capacity was about 2.56 billion kilowatts, a year-on-year increase of 7.8%. Among them, the installed capacity of wind power is about 370 million kilowatts, an increase of 11.2% year-on-year; the installed capacity of solar power is about 390 million kilowatts, an increase of 28.1% year-on-year. In 2022, the investment in power supply engineering construction of major power generation enterprises across the country was 720.8 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 22.8%. Among them, nuclear power was 67.7 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 25.7%. The investment in power grid engineering construction was 501.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.0%.
- Beijing Daily: As the first national-level transportation platform in China, “Qiangguo Transportation强国交通”, which covers car-hailing, freight, water transportation, shipping and other functions, has recently completed internal testing and entered the countdown to launch. “Qiangguo Transportation” will take the lead in launching car-hailing services, and has connected dozens of online car-hailing capacity companies. In the future, it is expected that the access capacity will account for more than 90% of the total market capacity.(PS. the platform not made by Department of Transportation)
- National Bureau of Statistics: The annual consumer price (CPI) in 2022 increase by 2.0% over the previous year. The core CPI, which excludes food and energy prices, rose 0.9%. The annual ex-factory price of industrial producers rose by 4.1% over the previous year, and the purchase price of industrial producers rose by 6.1% over the previous year.
- State Intellectual Property Office: China and Europe have strengthened cooperation on geographical indications. Up to now, the two sides have achieved mutual recognition and mutual protection of 244 products, effectively expanding the international influence of China’s geographical indications中国地理标志. Zhang Zhicheng said that it is expected that by the end of the “14th Five-Year Plan”, the scale of mutual recognition and mutual protection of geographical indications between China and the EU will steadily expand to about 550.
- General Administration of Customs: According to preliminary estimates, China’s cross-border e-commerce import and export will reach 2.11 trillion yuan in 2022, an increase of 9.8%. Among them, exports were 1.55 trillion yuan, an increase of 11.7%, and imports were 0.56 trillion yuan, an increase of 4.9%.
- Tianqi Lithium Industry天齐锂业: It is estimated that the net profit in 2022 will be 23.1-25.6 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1011.19%-1131.45%.
- Maxscend卓胜微: It is expected to achieve operating income of 3.68 billion yuan in 2022, a decrease of 20.59% from the same period last year. It is estimated that the net profit in 2022 will be 913 million yuan to 1.126 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 47.26%-57.23%.
- EVE亿纬锂能: It plans to sign an investment cooperation agreement with the Jianyang Municipal People’s Government on the 20GWh power storage battery production base project. Invest in the construction of the “23GWh Cylindrical Lithium Iron Phosphate Energy Storage Power Battery Project”, with a total investment of about 5.5 billion yuan.
- Hua Hong Semiconductor华虹半导体: The wholly-owned subsidiary Hua Hong Grace, the National Integrated Circuit Industry Fund II and Wuxi City Entity entered into a joint venture agreement on January 18, 2023, and conditionally agreed to establish a joint venture through a joint venture company and pay cash to the joint venture invested US$880.38 million, US$1.16982 billion, US$1.1658 million and US$804 million. The joint venture will be engaged in the manufacture and sales of integrated circuits and 12-inch (300mm) wafers using 65/55nm to 40nm processes.
- Xinchinnano新川新材料: recently announced that it has obtained nearly 100 million yuan in A+ round financing.
- German chemical giant BASF and French nickel giant Eramet plan to invest about US$2.2 billion to US$2.6 billion to build a nickel-cobalt refinery in Indonesia to produce materials used in electric vehicle batteries.
- India: Gross domestic product (GDP) for the 2022-2023 fiscal year, which ends March 31, will grow by 7%, compared with the 8.7% growth recorded in the previous fiscal year, according to the latest government estimates. Manufacturing growth is forecast to be just 1.6%, compared with 9.9% last year. If the government’s estimates are confirmed, it will lose its crown as the growth champion and come in second behind Saudi Arabia.
- Germany: According to data recently released on the website of the German Federal Statistical Office, affected by the weak global economy, new orders for German industry in November 2022 fell by 5.3% month-on-month (excluding large orders, a drop of 2.9%), a year-on-year decrease of 11%. Additional orders were the lowest since July 2020. Domestic orders fell by 1.1%, and foreign orders fell by 8.1%, of which orders in the euro area fell by 10.3%, and orders outside the euro area fell by 6.8%. Preliminary data show that German industrial sales in November actually increased by 2.1% month-on-month and by 3.5% year-on-year.
- Thailand: It is planned that tourism will account for no less than 25% of GDP in 2027.
- United States: In December 2022, PPI fell by 0.5% month-on-month, the largest drop since April 2020; retail sales in December 2022 fell by 1.1% month-on-month, the largest drop since December 2021.
- United States: The U.S. Consumer Price Index (CPI) in December 2022 fell by 0.1% month-on-month and rose by 6.5% year-on-year.
- The International Olympic Committee announced that the 2024 Paris Olympic Games will provide a reception service package. Fans can order tickets, hotels and transportation at the same time, realizing a “one-stop” service for the first time.