- Malleable iron threaded pipes and fittings: EU initiates anti-dumping partial interim review investigation. On November 18, the European Commission issued an announcement stating that in response to the application submitted by the EU importer KWTools B.V. on August 22, 2022, the anti-dumping part of the malleable iron threaded pipes and joints originating in China and Thailand will be investigated. The EU CN code of the product involved is ex 7307 19 10. Stakeholders should submit relevant information and supporting evidence within 37 days of the announcement. The interim review investigation process will be completed within 15 months from the date of the announcement.
- South Africa: Decision to ban scrap metal trade. The South African government has decided to ban the scrap metal trade after seeking extensive legal advice, South Africa’s independent media website reported on November 21. South African Minister of Trade and Industry Patel released a policy proposal for public comment in August this year, calling for a six-month ban on the export of ferrous and non-ferrous metal scrap and scrap metal, including copper cables, and a ban on specific metals. Semi-finished products are subject to an export licensing system.
- South Korea-Singapore: Signed the Digital Partnership Agreement.
- China-Russia: Energy trade will strengthen local currency settlement.
- Qatar’s trade surplus in the third quarter rose 85% year-on-year. Recently, the Qatar National Bureau of Statistics announced data that the country’s total exports in the third quarter reached 138.8 billion Qatari riyals (about 272 billion yuan), and imports totaled 31.5 billion rials (about 61.7 billion yuan), with a trade surplus. 107.3 billion riyals (about 210.3 billion yuan), a year-on-year increase of 85%.
- Wu Jincheng, Director of Shanghai Municipal Commission of Economy and Informatization: Facing energy security and sustainable development, and oriented by core breakthroughs and pioneering demonstrations, we will promote technological breakthroughs and industrialization of advanced nuclear energy and other technologies. It is planned that by 2025, the scale of the hydrogen energy industry chain will exceed 100 billion yuan, about 70 hydrogen refueling stations will be built, 3 to 5 world-class innovative R&D platforms will be built, and the number of fuel cell vehicles will exceed 10,000.
- China Automobile Association Shi Jianhua: This year, the cumulative sales of new energy vehicles in China is expected to exceed 6.5 million. China’s new energy vehicle industry has achieved three major breakthroughs through years of development. The first is the breakthrough of key technologies such as the core “three electrics”; the second is the breakthrough of new energy products, which has greatly improved the cruising range and the full coverage of the Internet of Vehicles functions; The third breakthrough is the breakthrough of marketization.
- Gamma data: In October, the actual sales revenue of the Chinese game market was 19.768 billion yuan, the first month-on-month increase in the past 6 months, a year-on-year decrease of 18.10%. Among them, the actual sales revenue of the mobile game market was 13.555 billion yuan, and the chain changed from negative to positive. The 7-day National Day holiday has led to an increase in the active time of users; the mobile game product turnover is generally higher than that of the previous month, and the head mobile products “Naruto” and “The Shore of the Land” have brought more increments.
- TrendForce: In the third quarter, the NAND Flash market still lost to the impact of weak demand, which led to a 18.3% decline in NAND Flash prices in the third quarter. In the third quarter, the supplier’s bit shipments decreased by 6.7% quarter-on-quarter, and the average selling price continued to decline. The overall NAND Flash industry revenue was approximately US$13.71 billion, a quarter-on-quarter decline as high as 24.3%.
- NBD (每经网): Since last year, the price of power battery raw materials has started an explosive growth model. Taking battery-grade lithium carbonate as an example, it has soared more than 10 times from 50,000 yuan/ton in early 2021. After entering November, the price of battery-grade lithium carbonate was once close to 600,000 yuan / ton. The cost pressure caused by the rising price of raw materials for power batteries has also been directly transmitted to the OEMs, which has caused a great impact on the entire new energy vehicle industry chain.
- From November 24, South Korean convenience stores will ban the sale of plastic bags for a fee, and restaurants will also ban plastic straws and paper cups. However, during the one-year transition period, there will be no penalties for violations. Starting from November 24, comprehensive retail enterprises such as convenience stores and pastry shops will ban single-use plastic bags as well as large-scale stores with an area of more than 3,000 square meters and supermarkets with an area of more than 165 square meters.
- The Russian fertilizer industry expects production in 2022 to remain at almost the same level as last year.
- China surpassed the United States to become the country with the largest number of valid patents in 2021. According to the “World Intellectual Property Indicators” report released by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) on November 21, the number of global patent, trademark and design intellectual property applications in 2021 will reach a record high. Among them, China filed the largest number of patent applications, nearly half of the 3.4 million global patent applications. Following China, the United States, Japan, South Korea and the European Patent Office recorded 591,000, 289,000, 238,000 and 189,000, respectively.
- National Bureau of Statistics: In October 2022, the total retail sales of consumer goods fell by 0.5%. According to the National Bureau of Statistics, in October, the total retail sales of consumer goods was 4,027.1 billion yuan, down 0.5% year-on-year. Among them, the retail sales of consumer goods other than automobiles were 3,657.5 billion yuan, down 0.9%. From January to October, the total retail sales of consumer goods was 36,057.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 0.6%. Among them, the retail sales of consumer goods other than automobiles was 32370.2 billion yuan, an increase of 0.5%.
- Over 4,000 “5G+Industrial Internet” projects are under construction.
- State Tobacco Monopoly Administration: Each person each time carries e-cigarette products, vaping products, nicotine for e-cigarettes, etc. in a limited amount, and the number of smoking devices shall not exceed 6pcs; smoking equipment shall not exceed 90 products (including disposable electronic cigarettes, etc.) , nicotine such as liquid smoke and nicotine for electronic cigarettes shall be no more than 180ml.
- Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province: Announcement on the implementation plan (2022-2025) on building high-level industrial clusters to promote the high-quality development of industrial platforms. By 2025, the output value of the city’s industrial platforms will reach 3 trillion yuan, the proportion of leading industries will increase to more than 60%, 6 provincial high-energy strategic platforms will be built, and 3 industrial clusters of 100 billion and 2 trillion will be formed.
- The Amazon Cyber 1 sale will start on November 26.
- Ozon opened its China headquarters and plans to recruit 100,000 Chinese sellers.
- Diana Shipping announced results, net profit increased by 115%. Recently, the Greek dry bulk shipping company Diana Shipping announced its financial results for the third quarter of 2022. The rental income was US$73.811 million, a year-on-year increase of 29%; the net profit was US$31.731 million, a year-on-year increase of 115%; the net profit attributable to common shareholders was US$30.289 million.
- HP has announced that it will cut as many as 6,000 jobs over the next three years.
- Xiaomi Group: In the third quarter, revenue was 70.47 billion yuan, down 9.7% year-on-year; adjusted net profit was 2.12 billion yuan, down 59% year-on-year, including 829 million yuan in innovative business expenses such as smart electric vehicles. The cost of innovative businesses such as smart electric vehicles was 829 million yuan. Xiaomi’s global smartphone shipments were 40.2 million units, with shipments increasing for two consecutive quarters. In September, the number of global MIUI monthly active users was 564 million, a year-on-year increase of 78.1 million. Internet service revenue was 7.1 billion yuan, up 1.4% month-on-month.
- BYD: According to the “Notes on Model Price Adjustment”, according to China’s series of policies and plans for the development of new energy vehicles, the subsidy policy for the purchase of new energy vehicles will be terminated on December 31, and the country will no longer license vehicles after that. Give subsidies. The official guide price of new energy models related to Dynasty, Ocean and Denza will be adjusted, ranging from 2,000 yuan to 6,000 yuan.
- Dazhong Mining: Co-investors plan to jointly invest 20 billion yuan in the construction of lithium battery “low carbon” industrial parks and other projects. The industrial park plans to invest about 2 billion yuan to build eight projects including a 40,000-ton/year lithium carbonate project.
- JA Solar: It is planned to expand the company’s integrated production capacity and build a 10GW high-efficiency battery project in Yangzhou (newly added), and a fourth-phase project in Qujing with an annual output of 10GW of batteries and 5GW of modules, with an estimated investment of 7.44 billion yuan.
- Weichai Power: It plans to spin off its subsidiary Weichai Lovol and list it on the Growth Enterprise Market.
- Baidu’s third-quarter net profit was 5.89 billion yuan.
- Statistics Korea: The number of newborns in the third quarter was 64,085, a year-on-year decrease of 3.7%, and the South Korean fertility rate further fell to 0.79. At the same time, South Korea’s population has experienced negative growth for the 35th consecutive month. From January to September this year, South Korea’s population decreased by 86,775 people.
- Belgium: Announced before the start of the European Space Agency ministerial meeting, that next year’s space budget will be increased from 275 million euros to 325 million euros. Of this, 305 million euros will be used for European Space Agency projects. It is reported that Belgium is the fifth largest contributor to the European Space Agency.
- Saudi Arabia: Major oil producers will continue to cut production until the end of 2023.