- Europe: From 2025, car imports will exceed exports, and China will become an exporter of electric vehicles. According to a recent report by the German “Economic Weekly” website, the latest research by PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) shows that from 2025, European car imports will exceed exports, and China will become an exporter of electric vehicles. On the one hand, Chinese automakers are expanding their sales in the European market. On the other hand, European and American manufacturers are also gradually shifting the production of electric vehicles to China. It is estimated that by 2030, the market share of Chinese electric vehicles in European electric vehicles can reach 5%.
- Welded pipe: Australia made a final ruling on the double-anti exemption investigation. On November 16, the Australian Anti-dumping Commission issued an announcement stating that the Australian Minister of Industry and Science and Technology passed the Australian Anti-dumping Commission’s final recommendations for anti-dumping and anti-subsidy exemption investigations on welded pipes imported from mainland China. The final ruling of the anti-dumping exemption investigation made by the welded pipe in Taiwan, China, decided not to impose anti-dumping and countervailing duties on the exempted curtain rods of the above-mentioned countries and regions. The measure is effective from September 29, 2021.
- The European Parliament plenary passed a resolution to attach importance to the development of the video game industry, calling on Europe to formulate a long-term development strategy to support the development of start-ups in the EU video game field.
- Uzbekistan: Simplified State regulation of corporate activities. According to Uzbekistan’s detailed network news, Uzbekistan President Mirziyoyev recently signed a presidential decree on “On Simplifying State Supervision Measures for Corporate Activities”, deciding to cancel four restrictive measures from January 1, 2023: First, the reduction of corporate entities. It is no longer necessary to publicly notify creditors in writing and online. Second, it is to break the monopoly of official dealers on the sale of imported cars. Third, it is no longer necessary to take power-off measures for enterprises whose electricity consumption exceeds the amount specified in the power supply agreement. Fourth, the enterprise employs employees. They are all registered in the unified national labor system and do not need to be registered with the national tax authority.
- Securities Daily: The international flight schedule for the winter and spring flight season this year will remain at 420 round-trip passenger flights, an increase of 105.9% over the 2021/2022 winter and spring flight season.
- Ctrip: Since November, the popularity of “skiing”-related visits on the platform has increased by 84% month-on-month. In the past week, the number of bookings for ski resort tickets for the 2022-2023 snow season increased by 403% from the previous week, and the bookings of ice and snow hotels increased by 96% from the previous week.
- National Press and Publication Administration: Released the approval information for domestic online games in November, and a total of 70 games were approved. Key games include Tencent’s “Metal Slug: Awakening”, NetEase’s “Westward Journey: Return” and so on.
- It was learned that the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has issued the first frequency license for the enterprise 5G private network to COMAC(中国商用飞机有限责任公司,简称中国商飞), and 5925-6125MHz and 24.75-25.15GHz are dedicated frequency bands for industrial wireless.
- Strategy Analytics: Smartphone sales during the Singles’ Day online shopping festival this year were 9 million, down 35% year-on-year. Apple consolidated its leadership, with Xiaomi and Honor following. The online retail price of smartphones increased to 4,089 yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10%, but the total revenue from smartphone online sales still fell 29% year-on-year to 36.8 billion yuan. Among them, Apple’s iPhone sales reached nearly 3.5 million during this year’s Double Eleven(11·11,双十一), a year-on-year decrease of 27%.
- Zheshang Securities: As of H1 2022, the actual sales revenue of China’s self-developed games in overseas markets was US$8.989 billion, a year-on-year increase of 6.16%. According to the October 2022 global mobile game revenue ranking released by Sensor Tower, a total of 42 Chinese manufacturers are shortlisted in the TOP100 global mobile game publisher revenue list, attracting a total of 1.86 billion US dollars, accounting for 38.4% of the global TOP100 mobile game publisher revenue. However, due to factors such as the suspension of version numbers(版号), the overall revenue of the game industry will be under pressure in 2022, and the current valuation of the game sector is still at the bottom. The game version number is an important tool for regulation and supervision of the game industry. In the future, regulators will have the ability to diversify the distribution rhythm and the number of distributions. Overall, they are more optimistic about the release rhythm of the future version number.
- IDC: In 2021, the scale of China’s digital government IT security hardware market will reach 6.49 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 31.5%, and the overall market will show a rapid growth trend. In 2021, the competition in China’s digital government IT security hardware market will be dominated by comprehensive security vendors and professional technology security vendors. Among them, the top three in the market are Venustech Group Inc.(启明星辰), Topsec(天融信), and Sangfor(深信服).
- Shenzhen Data Exchange was unveiled. Up to now, Shenzhen Data Exchange has accumulated 1.107 billion yuan of transactions, covering 53 scenarios and 415 transactions, and has collected more than 55 categories of data resource information, covering more than 600 data products.
- Ministry of Commerce: From January to October, China’s foreign non-financial direct investment was 627.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.3%. The non-financial direct investment in countries along the “Belt and Road” was US$17.25 billion, a year-on-year increase of 6.7%. The features include that the investment in manufacturing, wholesale and retail, construction and other fields all showed an increasing trend.
- China Central Radio and Television Station: issued a statement on copyright protection of the 2022 FIFA World Cup in Qatar. The statement shows that China Mobile Migu(中国移动咪咕)，Douyin(抖音), Shanghai Five-Star Sports Channel(上海五星体育频道), Guangdong Sports Channel(广东体育频道), Guangzhou Nanguo Urban Channel(广州南国都市频道), and Guangzhou Competition Channel (广州竞赛频道)are authorized.
- SWIFT: In October, in the global payment currency ranking based on amount statistics, the RMB remained the fifth most active currency in the world, accounting for 2.13%. Compared with September, the overall RMB payment amount decreased by 19.86%, while the overall currency payment amount decreased by 7.97%.
- National Bureau of Statistics: From January to October, the national fixed asset investment (excluding farmers) was 47,145.9 billion yuan, an increase of 5.8%. Among them, private investment in fixed assets was 25,841.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1.6%. From a month-on-month perspective, fixed asset investment (excluding farmers) increased by 0.12% in October.
- NetEase(网易): Revenue in the third quarter was 24.4 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.1%; net profit was 6.7 billion yuan, compared with 3.18 billion yuan in the same period last year. The scale of R&D investment is 4 billion yuan. Blizzard’s game agency revenue contributes low single-digit percentages to net revenue and net profit for the first nine months of 2021 and 2022. The expiry of the authorization will not have a material impact on financial performance.
- Weibo: Revenue in the third quarter was US$453.6 million, down 25% year-on-year; net profit was US$119 million, compared with US$209.6 million in the same period last year. 253 million daily active users. Advertising and marketing revenue was $393.4 million, down 27% year over year.
- Alibaba: In the second quarter of fiscal year 2023, revenue was 207.18 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3%; adjusted net profit was 33.82 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 19%. The cloud business revenue was 20.76 billion yuan. Alibaba’s local life business revenue was 13.073 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 21%; the overall order volume of local life increased by 5% year-on-year.
- G20: Leaders summit concludes in Bali.
- Japan: The trade deficit hit a record high for the same period in October. Japan’s trade balance of exports minus imports in October was a deficit of 2,162.3 billion yen (about 15.49 billion U.S. dollars), a record high for the same period since comparable statistics. As of October, Japan has run a trade deficit for 15 consecutive months.
- Euro area: In October, the final CPI value was 10.6% year-on-year, and the previous value was 9.9%, and the year-on-year growth rate hit a new record high. Among them, the sharp rise in energy and food prices is still the main factor pushing up the inflation level in the euro area. (CPI=Consumer Price Index)
- Thailand: In order to build a world medical tourism center, Thailand will issue one-year medical tourist visas and reduce the cost of such visas from 6,000 baht to 5,000 baht(US$168~139.8). New medical tourist visas will be issued from January 1 next year. The application for a medical tourist visa is limited to patients who need to receive treatment for more than 90 consecutive days, and the applicant needs to provide proof of hospital appointment, health insurance and proof of property of not less than 800,000 baht. Medical tourist visas allow foreign patients to enter and exit Thailand for a maximum stay of 90 days at a time.
- UK: October CPI year-on-year growth hit a new high in 40 years. According to data released by the Office for National Statistics on November 16, the UK consumer price index (CPI) rose by 11.1% year-on-year in October, the highest increase in 40 years. The analysis said that rising natural gas and electricity prices are the main factors driving up inflation. Over the past year, UK gas prices have risen by nearly 130%, while electricity prices have risen by around 66%.
- Central African Economic and Monetary Community: New currency will be introduced. According to recent news from New Gabon.com, from December 15, 2022, the 2020 version of the new currency will be circulated in the Central African Economic and Monetary Community (CEMAC) region to replace the 2002 version of the currency.