- Billets and bars: Vietnam launches safeguard sunset review investigation. Recently, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Vietnam issued a resolution to initiate the second sunset review investigation on imported steel billets and steel bars. This case involves Vietnam tax numbers 7207.11. Products under 7213.10.10, 7213.10.90, 7213.91.20, 7214.20.31, 7214.20.41, 7227.90.00, 7228.30.10 and 9811.00.00.
- Spain: There will be a strike in the transport industry. On November 10, local time, the Spanish government held a negotiation with the transportation industry association to avoid a strike by the transportation industry practitioners, but the negotiations between the two sides did not reach an agreement. The Spanish transport association is planning an indefinite strike this week, which will be the group’s second strike in 2022.
- The Netherlands will release 20,000 tonnes of Russian fertilizer that has been held up in the port of Rotterdam due to sanctions, at the request of the United Nations. The fertilizer will be shipped to Malawi this week, as arranged by the United Nations World Food Program. Earlier, Russian President Vladimir Putin said that, affected by Western sanctions, a total of about 300,000 tons of Russian fertilizers were stranded in ports in EU countries.
- Research Institute of China Council for the Promotion of International Trade: Released “2022 China E-commerce Development Trend Report: The Important Role of E-commerce in High-quality Economic Development”. In 2022, China’s e-commerce industry will show two new trends. One is the iterative acceleration of the new model represented by live e-commerce. As of June, China’s e-commerce live broadcast users had reached 469 million, an increase of 204 million compared with March 2020, accounting for 44.6% of the total netizens; users who only consume on traditional e-commerce platforms accounted for 27.3% of online shopping users. The proportion of users who purchase online through live video is as high as 49.7%; second, digital technology has become a new driving force for consumption upgrades.
- China Business Daily: During the “11·11” in 2022, from 20:00 to 24:00 on November 10th, Tmall has 25,343 items that have become super hot models with sales of over 1 million yuan, and more than 2,000 items have a turnover of over 10 million At the same time, Tmall also has 148 categories with a turnover growth of over 100%, and the average daily viewership of Taobao Live’s new anchors has increased by 561% year-on-year. At 20:00 on November 10th, JD.com(京东)’s “11· 11” sale, JD’s payment transaction volume exceeded 100 million yuan in 15 seconds; only 10 minutes after the launch, JD hourly purchasers increased by 100% compared with the same period last year, and pet health products were sold. The turnover increased by 103% year-on-year, and the turnover of more than 500 agricultural special halls increased by more than 100% year-on-year.
- Reference news: In the past five years, the CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate)of China’s cross-border e-commerce transactions has reached 16.2%, which has become an important force in stabilizing foreign trade.
- Slovakia: Imports and exports achieved double growth from January to September. According to the Slovak National Bureau of Statistics on November 9, from January to September, the total export volume of Slovakia reached 75.8 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 17.7%; the total import volume reached 78.2 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 24.9%; the foreign trade deficit was 2.4 billion euros, compared with last year. During the same period, the foreign trade surplus exceeded 1.7 billion euros. The sector with the most foreign trade transactions in Sri Lanka is machinery and transportation equipment, accounting for 56.8% of total exports and 43.7% of total imports.
- MIIT(Ministry of Industry and Information Technology): Global shipments of virtual reality headsets will grow rapidly in 2021, breaking through an important turning point of 10 million units per year for the first time, and China’s virtual reality investment and financing scale has increased by more than 100%. According to incomplete statistics, China’s virtual reality-related enterprises are more than 10,000.
- On November 13th, the six-day 14th Airshow China ended. A total of about 200,000 spectators came to the exhibition hall. Thousands of exhibits from more than 740 companies from 43 countries and regions were exhibited online and offline, and 121 aircraft were exhibited. Rack and ground equipment Type 54. During the air show, the total contract value exceeded 39.8 billion US dollars.
- The first phase of the East Route of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project(南水北调) will start the 2022-2023 annual water diversion at 10:00 on November 13, which is also the tenth inter-annual water diversion of the eastern route of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project. The relevant person in charge said that according to the water dispatch plan of the Ministry of Water Resources, the east route of the South-to-North Water Diversion Project plans to transfer 1.263 billion cubic meters of water to Shandong this year, the largest water transfer scale since the project was opened.
- Ministry of Water Resources: From January to October, 921.1 billion yuan of water conservancy investment was completed, and 24,000 new water conservancy projects were started nationwide, all hitting a record high in the same period.
- During the winter heating period, the demand for electric heating increases rapidly. It is reported that some new technologies are improving the stability of peak electricity consumption in winter. At the same time, domestic thermal power plants are also increasing the intensity of heating transformation, becoming the main heating force. Experts predict that by the end of this year, the national full-caliber thermal power installed capacity will exceed 1.3 billion kilowatts, of which the cogeneration installed capacity will reach 600 million kilowatts.
- Central Bank: At the end of October, the stock of social financing scale increased by 10.3% year-on-year. The October financial data released by the central bank recently showed that the stock of social financing at the end of October was 341.42 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 10.3%. Among them, the balance of RMB loans issued to the real economy increased by 10.9% year-on-year. The increase in social financing scale in October was 907.9 billion yuan, 709.7 billion yuan less than the same period last year.
- Meta announced it would lay off over 11,000 staff.
- Financial institutions: Following the announcement of mass layoffs by US tech giants, the wave of layoffs has also spread to large financial institutions. Barclays has cut about 200 jobs in banking and trading, Citigroup recently laid off about 50 trading staff, and cut dozens of banking jobs, and Credit Suisse is kicking off its biggest cut ever, set to begin in the first quarter. It cut 2,700 jobs in the fourth quarter and plans to cut a total of 9,000 jobs by 2025. The industry says this is just the beginning, with more people expected to lose their jobs in the financial sector.
- Amazon becomes the first company to lose a trillion-dollar market value. Amazon shares fell 4.3%, bringing the company’s market value to $879 billion, a full $1 trillion shy of its record $1.88 trillion market value in July 2021, making it the world’s first public company to lose $1 trillion in market value .
- SF International (顺丰国际)launched the cross-border e-commerce 9610 direct purchase import business.
- The cargo throughput of Ningbo Zhoushan Port exceeded 1 billion tons in the first 10 months. Recently, the website of Zhejiang Port and Shipping Management Center announced that from January to October, Ningbo Zhoushan Port completed a cargo throughput of 1,061.992 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 3.3%; completed container throughput of 28.895 million TEUs, an increase of 8.1% year-on-year, and the port transportation production Steady progress.
- HMM announced results, net profit increased by 13.3% year-on-year. Recently, the shipping company HMM announced its third-quarter results, operating income reached 5.1 trillion won (about 3.75 billion US dollars), a year-on-year increase of 27.1%; net profit (net profit) reached 2.6 trillion won (about 1.91 billion US dollars) , a year-on-year increase of 13.3%.
- Weilai reported revenue of 13 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 32.6%.
- The European Commission approved the aid of more than 200 million euros for Germany to acquire 100% of the former Gazprom German subsidiary. This measure would allow Germany to control the company, replace Gazprom, and ensure the security of gas supplies for the German economy.
- UK: Announced the economy for the third quarter, down 0.2% qoq.
- Philippines: Announced that the economy grew 7.6% year-on-year in the third quarter.
- Egypt’s annual inflation rate rose to 16.3% in October.
Leave A Comment