- Strategy Analytics: Wi-Fi system shipments will grow at an annual rate of 7.5% from 2022 to 2027 as Wi-Fi gains popularity in smart homes, home entertainment, and other applications. Growing shipments and the transition to newer Wi-Fi standards and higher initial radio chip prices will collectively propel the Wi-Fi chip market to over $20 billion by 2027.
- Transaction prices of LCD modules for smartphones are falling. The preferential price of large orders from July to September dropped by nearly 20% year-on-year, and the month-on-month decline hit a recent high. Judging from the preferential price of large orders from July to September, the 6.5-inch with large circulation is about US$14.6 per piece. It decreased by $1 from the previous quarter and decreased by $3.3 from the same period last year, marking the fifth consecutive quarter of price cuts, and the decline hit a new high in the last five quarters.
- The white paper “China’s Beidou in the New Era” shows that the Beidou application industry is developing rapidly. In 2021, the overall output value of China’s satellite navigation and location services industry will reach about 470 billion yuan. In terms of product manufacturing, a series of key technologies such as Beidou chips and modules have continued to make breakthroughs, and product shipments have grown rapidly. By the end of 2021, the total social stock of terminal products with Beidou positioning function exceeds 1 billion units/set.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: issued the “Regulations on Administrative Penalty Procedures for Tobacco Monopoly (Draft for Comment)”《烟草专卖行政处罚程序规定（征求意见稿）》, which shall apply to the administrative penalties imposed by the Tobacco Monopoly Bureau on violations involving new types of tobacco products such as e-cigarettes.
- Sunac China(融创中国): In October, the contracted sales amount was about 9.75 billion yuan, the contracted sales area was about 718,000 square meters, and the average contracted sales price was about 13,580 yuan/square meter. As of the end of October, the cumulative contract sales amount was about 153.06 billion yuan, the cumulative contract sales area was about 11.578 million square meters, and the average contract sales price was about 13,220 yuan/square meter.
- Greentown China(绿城中国): In October, the sales area was about 760,000 square meters, and the monthly sales amount was about 22.5 billion yuan, a month-on-month increase of 43%. In the first ten months, the total contracted sales area was about 10.8 million square meters, and the total contracted sales amount was about 228.9 billion yuan.
Amazon: Will suspend hiring.
- It is reported that Apple has suspended hiring for many positions outside the research and development department, and further cuts on the basis of existing budget reduction plans. In addition to Apple, many tech giants are also hitting the brakes on hiring in response to sluggish consumer spending and higher interest rates.
- United States: Nonfarm payrolls increased by 261,000 in October, expected to increase by 195,000, and the previous value increased by 263,000.
- Russians can open RMB deposit and withdrawal accounts in 37 Russian banks.
- The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: The latest forecast for global cereal production in 2022 is 2.764 billion tons, a decrease of 4.9 million tons from the previous month and a decrease of 1.8% year-on-year. This month’s downward revision is mainly due to lower forecasts for wheat production, while also slightly downward revisions to the forecast for global coarse grains production.