- Data show that in September, Zhejiang Tongxiang Puyuan sweater market achieved a transaction volume of 12.3 billion yuan, an increase of 30% over August. From January to September, the transaction volume reached 56.89 billion yuan.
- China’s port cargo throughput achieved positive growth in the third quarter. According to data released by the Ministry of Transport, in the first three quarters, the cargo throughput of ports nationwide was 11.55 billion tons, a year-on-year increase of 0.1%. Among them, the third quarter turned from a year-on-year decrease of 2.9% in the second quarter to an increase of 1.8%. Completed container throughput of 220 million TEUs, a year-on-year increase of 4.0%.
- E-commerce transactions in Southeast Asia are expected to reach US$131 billion. An economic report jointly released by Temasek, Bain and Google shows that the gross merchandise volume (GMV) of e-commerce in Southeast Asia is expected to reach US$131 billion in 2022. At present, some platform gameplay of Southeast Asian e-commerce is also changing, and many e-commerce players are reducing promotions and discounts.
- Pinduoduo Temu topped the US shopping software download list. According to the cumulative downloads of iOS and Google Play, the United States, Canada and France are the top three Temu markets respectively, of which the United States market downloads account for 94% of the global downloads. On September 1, Temu was launched in overseas markets such as the United States, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taiwan, and Canada.
- In the first three quarters, the installed capacity of new energy storage projects newly put into operation nationwide was 963.7 MW, a year-on-year increase of 120%, of which lithium battery energy storage accounted for the vast majority.
- Bureau of Statistics: In the first three quarters, China’s cultural industry overcame the impact of multiple unexpected factors such as the frequent outbreak of the epidemic, and generally showed a positive trend of recovery. In the first three quarters, the national cultural and related industry enterprises above designated size achieved operating income of 8,645.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 1.4%, and the growth rate was 1.1 percentage points higher than that in the first half of the year. In terms of quarters, the operating income of cultural enterprises has changed from a decline of 3.8% in the second quarter to an increase of 3.7% in the third quarter.
- Chinese Academy of Sciences: The “Exploration No. 2” scientific research ship carried the “Deep Sea Warrior” manned submersible to complete a series of sea trial tasks. During the sea trial, researchers successfully set up a large-depth in-situ scientific experimental station on the seabed, which will realize long-term unmanned scientific research in the deep sea. The experimental station is equipped with a megawatt-hour lithium battery energy system, achieving a new breakthrough in energy density. The energy system can store 1,000 kWh of electricity and support the experimental station to work continuously on the seabed for more than half a year.
- Sanya City, Hainan Province: Launched the “Sanya Construction International Tourism Resort Plan (2022-2035)”, which dynamically planned 117 key projects with a total investment of more than 138.5 billion yuan.
- Airbus: Total revenue in the third quarter was 13.309 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 27%; net profit was 667 million euros, a year-on-year increase of 65%. The total revenue in the first three quarters was 38.119 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 8%; the net profit was 2.568 billion euros, a year-on-year decrease of 3%.
- Kuehne-Nagel’s performance in the first three quarters was strong, with a year-on-year increase of 40%. Recently, the world’s largest ocean freight forwarder, kuehne-nagel(德迅), announced its results for the third quarter of 2022. Net turnover in the first three quarters reached US$31 billion, a year-on-year increase of 40%; EBIT was US$3.16 billion, a year-on-year increase of 71%; net profit was US$2.22 billion, a year-on-year increase of 67%. Among them, the net turnover in the third quarter was 10.1 billion US dollars, a year-on-year increase of 16.4%.
- Apple: Apple released its results for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2022, which ended on September 24. According to the financial report, the company’s revenue was US$90.146 billion, an increase of 8.1% year-on-year, higher than market expectations of US$88.9 billion, setting a record for the July-September quarter; net profit was US$20.71 billion, a year-on-year increase of only 0.83%.
- Huawei released its third-quarter financial report with a net profit margin of 6.1%.
- Europe: Many countries began to implement winter time.
- ECB(The European Central Bank): announces rate hike by 75 basis points
- Recently, the U.S. Department of Commerce announced data that the U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) in the third quarter of this year grew by 2.6% year-on-year, the first time the U.S. economy achieved positive growth this year, beating market expectations by 2.3%. In the first and second quarters of this year, GDP contracted by 1.6% and 0.6%, respectively, meeting the definition of a technical recession.
- EU Judicial Commissioner Reynders: The EU has frozen Russian assets worth about 17 billion euros since the conflict between Russia and Ukraine in February. The assets of 90 people have been frozen so far, with more than 17 billion euros in seven member states, including 2.2 billion euros in Germany.
- IMF: The IMF announced that it has lowered its forecast for economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region to 4% and 4.3% this year and next year, respectively. Economic growth in the Asia-Pacific region is expected to slow down in 2022 and 2023.
- Vietnam has set its economic growth target for next year at 6.5 percent.