- India: In order to control the rise in commodity prices in the domestic market and ensure sufficient domestic food supply, the export of wheat is immediately banned. The ban is not permanent. India is currently the second largest wheat producer in the world.
- JD.com: In 2021, the turnover of pre-made dishes will increase by 156% year-on-year, of which 36-45 year olds are the main consumers, accounting for 36% of sales; the number of purchases by Generation Z people will increase by 137% year-on-year. In addition, first- and second-tier cities are more accepting of pre-made dishes, accounting for 60% of the transaction value.
- The total size of the Chinese idol market is expected to reach 140 billion yuan in 2022, and there are currently tens of thousands of companies operating in the business scope including artist brokerage.
- iiMedia Research: In 2021, the size of China’s oat milk market will more than double, with a year-on-year growth rate of 141.7%. It is expected that in the next four years, the market size of oat milk will maintain an upward trend year by year, with a year-on-year growth rate of around 50%. Relevant brands dig deep into the two potentials of “dietary fiber” and “low-calorie”, and use the functions of digestive health and weight management to highlight functional consumption scenarios.
- iResearch: In 2020, the market size of China’s women’s underwear industry is 123.9 billion yuan, and it is expected to reach 174.6 billion yuan in 2026.
- Insurance Association of China: In 2021, Internet property insurance will achieve a total premium income of 86.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 8%, 7 percentage points higher than the overall premium growth rate of the property insurance industry. The penetration rate of Internet property insurance business increased from 5.9% in 2020 to 6.3%.
- At present, some young people are starting to discuss FIRE life, which is called Financial independence retire early. It has a set of accepted rules, that is, to save a sum of money early, taking into account unknown risks and inflation and other factors, it is necessary to save 25 times the annual expenditure, and then rely on the annual 4% wealth management income, that is, passive income to support life. This money is the “start-up capital” for FIRE living. Many people understand it as a low-profile version of financial freedom.
- Games have become the “Happy Secrets” of contemporary young people, and mobile games have become one of the main methods, with an average monthly duration of more than 20 hours. The age boundary of the game crowd is also expanding. Among the moderate and severe game users, 20-29 years old account for over 45%, and 30-39 years old account for over 30%. In terms of types, in the era of fragmented time, casual games that are easy to play and addictive occupy seven percent of the world, which can lock the attention of consumers even more.
- According to the Ali Health Research Institute, only 17% of the surveyed population said they had high-quality sleep, and among them, men who had high-quality sleep were 8 percentage points higher than women. The post-00s and post-95s mostly fall asleep after 0:00; the post-80s mostly fall asleep around 22:00, which is more “healthy”. In terms of the frequency of staying up late, 64% of the people stay up late at least three times a week; nearly 40% of the post-00s and post-95s stay up late every day; half of the post-80s and post-90s stay up late at least three times a week; half of the post-70s never stay up late.
- Faraday Future: In 2021, operating expenses were $354 million, compared with $65 million in the same period last year; net loss was $517 million, compared with a loss of $147 million in the same period last year. At the end of last year, the cash balance was $505 million. As of the end of the first quarter of this year, the cash balance was $276 million. In addition, it is still confident to launch the (electric vehicle product) FF 91 in the third quarter.
- On May 14, the first flight test of the first C919 large aircraft to be delivered by COMAC was successful. Previously signed a procurement contract with China Eastern Airlines. After the introduction of the first batch of five C919s, Shanghai will be the main base.
- Twitter CEO: Still expecting Musk’s planned acquisition of Twitter to go smoothly, but be prepared for everything.
- India: The Meteorological Bureau reported that the temperature in the capital New Delhi, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan and other places exceeded the historical temperature for the same period, and high temperature red and orange warnings have been issued to some areas. Among them, New Delhi recorded a record high temperature of 42.5 degrees Celsius on May 13. In addition, the extreme high temperature weather will continue for two days, and the temperature is expected to drop from May 16.
- Japan: Officially adjusted the driver’s license test requirements for taxi and bus drivers to “over 19 years old and holding an ordinary driver’s license for more than 1 year”, mainly to alleviate the plight of the shortage of manpower in related industries in Japan.
- Russia: In April, the inflation rate reached 17.83%, compared with 16.69% in March.
- The 2023 AFC Asian Cup will be relocated, and the new venue will be confirmed as soon as possible. The AFC Asian Cup was originally scheduled to take place in China from June 16 to July 16, 2023. Affected by the epidemic, it is currently difficult for the Chinese Organizing Committee to make commitments and arrangements for next year’s Asian Cup to be held in a fully open mode. After the AFC, the Chinese Football Association and the 2023 Asian Cup China Organizing Committee, it was decided that this Asian Cup will be held in a different location.