- Seamless copper pipes: South Korea temporarily does not levy temporary anti-dumping duties. On April 22, the Ministry of Planning and Finance of South Korea issued Announcement No. 2022-78, deciding not to temporarily levy temporary anti-dumping duties on seamless copper pipes originating in China and Vietnam. The Korean tax number of the product involved is 7411.10.0000.
- Serbia: Approved export quotas for cereals, flour and edible oils. The Serbian government has approved monthly export quotas of 150,000 tons of wheat and corn, 20,000 tons of flour and 8 million liters of refined sunflower oil, according to a recent report by Nantong News Agency.
- Turkmenistan: The National Commodities and Raw Materials Exchange launches a new trading website. According to a recent report from Turkmenistan Oriental Net, the Turkmenistan Commodities and Raw Materials Exchange launched a new website Tmex.gov.tm to provide more commodity information and expand the scale of e-commerce.
- Indonesia: The export of edible oil and its raw materials will be banned. Indonesian President Joko Widodo recently announced that the export of edible oil and edible oil raw materials will be banned from the 28th of this month to ensure the country’s edible oil supply.
- Embargoing Russian coal, many countries have started the “global coal grab” model. In March, the total coal import volume of European countries increased by 40.5% year-on-year, of which 809,000 tons were imported from the United States, 1.3 million tons from Colombia, and 287,000 tons from South Africa; Japan’s total coal imports totaled 16.711 million tons, an increase of 15% year-on-year. India, the world’s second-largest coal consumer, imported more than 66 percent of its coal from Russia, and plans to double its coking coal imports.
- Tmall: Officially released the 2022 coffee business support plan, which is expected to incubate more than 50 new coffee brands with a scale of more than 10 million within a year. In 2021, the sales volume of Taobao Tmall coffee liquid has reached 100 million level, becoming the second-largest category in the Taobao Tmall coffee industry. It is expected that the scale will reach 10 billion in a few years.
- Where to go: Hotel prices in many cities on Labor Day’s holiday (April 30~May 4) hit a five-year low this year, and the booking price of luxury hotels in Beijing, Chengdu, Chongqing, Xi’an and other cities was only half of last year’s price; the sales of park tickets for camping during May Day increased by more than 50% year-on-year , The bookings of hotels around campsites in some cities increased by 1.5 times year-on-year, and the bookings of camping-related products this year were about three times that of last year.
- The global auto market sales hovered at a low level in March, with car sales in 11 markets showing a downward trend, while about 70% of the countries saw double-digit sales declines, only India’s sales barely stabilized; the small Netherlands and Norway The performance of the auto market achieved a slight increase. In the first quarter, U.S. electric vehicle sales surged 76% year-on-year, accounting for 5.2% of new vehicle sales.
- Gamma data: In the first quarter, the actual sales revenue of China’s game market was 79.474 billion yuan, an increase of 10.08% month-on-month and a year-on-year increase of 3.17%; the actual sales revenue of China’s mobile game market was 60.432 billion yuan, an increase of 9.28% month-on-month, an increase of 2.72% year-on-year, and a year-on-year increase Both rates are lower than the same period in 2021.
- Guangdong Provincial Bureau of Statistics: In the first quarter, the GDP of Guangdong was 2,849.879 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.3%. Among them, the added value of the primary industry was 97.615 billion yuan, an increase of 6.7%; the added value of the secondary industry was 1,092.095 billion yuan, an increase of 4.8%; the added value of the tertiary industry was 1,660.169 billion yuan, an increase of 2.1%.
- Shanghai Statistics Bureau: From January to March, the residential construction area in Shanghai was 57.1244 million square meters, down 6.1%; the residential sales area was 3.4814 million square meters, up 10.4%. During the same period, fixed asset investment in Shanghai increased by 3.3% year-on-year.
- Following coronary stents, the state has included the artificial hip joints and artificial knee joints with large clinical usage and heavy burden on the public into the second batch of centralized procurement, with an average price reduction of 82%, which will be implemented in Shandong on April 30. A commonly used knee joint product is reduced to 4,200 yuan per set,which before was 87,550 yuan.
- SpaceX: The first “all-private” spaceflight team has been delayed due to weather, and four “space tourists” will be stranded on the International Space Station for several days. The “fare” for the flight is about $55 million per person.
- The UK promulgated new regulations to severely punish merchants for “sweeping good reviews”.
- Shopee adjusts service rates for overseas warehouses in Thailand.
- COSCO SHIPPING Lines announced the exemption of 6 fees. Recently, COSCO SHIPPING Lines issued an announcement to exempt 6 charges during the closure and control period in Shanghai, including the original bill of lading that has not been issued, service fee of changing the telex release or sea waybill, cost of the additional demurrage caused by the closure and control of the Shanghai epidemic etc.
- LG announced to invest $100 million to build a factory in Mexico.
- CALT ‘s net profit soared. The annual report released by CATL shows that in 2021, the net profit will be 15.93 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 185.34%; the total operating income will be 130.356 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 159.06%. Among them, the sales volume of lithium-ion batteries was 133.41GWh, a year-on-year increase of 184.82%.
- EU: Agree on new digital regulations. Recently, the European Parliament and EU member states agreed on the Digital Services Act (DSA), which will require tech giants to more actively regulate illegal content on their platforms, and companies that violate the rules could face billions of dollars in fines.
- United States: Announced a ban on ships associated with Russia from entering the port.
- The Reserve Bank of New Zealand raised interest rates by 50 basis points to 1.5%. A few days ago, the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (Central Bank) announced that it will raise the benchmark interest rate by 50 basis points to 1.5%. This is the RBNZ’s fourth consecutive rate hike since October 2021 and the first single-point hike of 50 basis points since May 2000.
- World Bank: Africa’s economic growth rate is expected to drop to 3.6% in 2022.
- Sri Lanka: Go to US to discuss the balance of payments with IMF
- Italy: Signed energy agreements with many African countries. Recently, Italy signed natural gas import agreements with Egypt, Angola and Algeria, and plans to send ministers to visit Mozambique next month. It is reported that 95% of Italy’s natural gas consumption depends on imports.
- South Korea: The epidemic prevention department said that on April 25, the level of the new crown infectious disease was downgraded from the highest category A to category B. When medical institutions find confirmed cases, they do not need to report them immediately, but can report them within 24 hours. As of 0:00 on April 24, South Korea had 64,725 new confirmed cases in 24 hours, with a total of nearly 17 million confirmed cases, accounting for 32.7% of the total population.
- Thailand: The government announced that it will further relax entry conditions. From May 1, international tourists who have been fully vaccinated will not need to undergo nucleic acid testing after entering Thailand, but will be replaced by rapid virus testing. The number of searches by Chinese domestic users concerned about Thailand has increased significantly week-on-week, from negative to positive, and the expected travel dates are concentrated from April 23 to May 1. On April 22, the number of visits to local hotels in Thailand by overseas users increased by 29% compared with the previous week.