- Copper pipe fittings: Canada made the final ruling of the third double-reverse sunset review. Recently, the Canada Border Services Agency made the third anti-dumping sunset review final ruling on copper pipe fittings originating in or imported from China, the United States and South Korea, and the third anti-subsidy on copper pipe fittings originating in or imported from China Sunset Review Final Judgment.
- Russia: Cut tariffs on oil exports. According to a recent report by the Russian Satellite News Agency, the Russian Ministry of Finance documents show that from May 1, the export tariff of Russia’s oil will be reduced to 49.6 US dollars / ton, the gasoline tariff will be reduced to 14.8 US dollars / ton, and the liquefied gas tariff will be reduced to 29.9 US dollars / ton.
- Kazakhstan: Restriction of wheat and flour exports. The Ministry of Agriculture of Kazakhstan recently released a message saying that before June 15, the export of wheat and flour in the country will strictly implement the export quota system. The export quota of wheat and mixed wheat is 1 million tons, and the wheat flour or wheat-rye mixed flour is 300,000 tons.
- China: The seventh exclusion and extension list of goods subject to tariffs on the United States and Canada is announced.
- Hapag-Lloyd announces new routes to the Mediterranean and Central and South America. Recently, Hapag-Lloyd announced the launch of a new service for the Mediterranean, Caribbean, Central America, West Coast South America Express (MSW) in early May 2022. With six vessels, the service provides fast shipping of refrigerated cargo to and from Ecuador, Peru, Chile, and other destinations in the Caribbean and Central America.
- Global semiconductor manufacturing equipment sales increased by 44% year-on-year. According to Gartner’s latest research report, global semiconductor revenue in 2021 will total $595 billion, an increase of 26.3% over 2020. At the same time, SEMI announced that global sales of semiconductor manufacturing equipment in 2021 will increase by 44% compared to 2020, reaching $102.6 billion.
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism: In the first quarter, the total number of domestic tourists was 830 million, a year-on-year decrease of 19.0%. Among them, the number of tourists from urban residents was 621 million, a decrease of 11.4%; the number of tourists from rural residents was 209 million, a decrease of 35.3%. Domestic tourism revenue was 0.77 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.0%. Among them, the tourism consumption of urban residents was 0.62 trillion yuan, an increase of 9.4%; the tourism consumption of rural residents was 0.14 trillion yuan, a decrease of 14.5%.
- Passenger Association: In March, the sales of new energy commercial vehicles were 24,000, a year-on-year increase of 69.6%, and the penetration rate was 6.5%, a record high. From January to March, the sales volume of new energy commercial vehicles was 49,000, a year-on-year increase of 97.9%, and the penetration rate was 5.1%.
- Central Bank: As of mid-April, 600 billion yuan has been turned over, mainly for tax refunds and transfer payments to local governments, which is equivalent to 600 billion yuan in base currency, which is basically the same as a 0.25 percentage point reduction in the overall reserve ratio. For the whole year, a total of more than 1.1 trillion yuan of accumulated profits will be turned over.
- Bureau of Statistics: In the first quarter, the GDP was 27,017.8 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 4.8%; the total retail sales of consumer goods was 10,865.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.3%; the national investment in fixed assets (excluding farmers) was 10,487.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.3%; The added value of industries above designated size increased by 6.5% year-on-year; the national per capita disposable income of residents was 10,345 yuan, a nominal increase of 6.3% year-on-year; 2.85 million new jobs were created in urban areas across the country; the national average urban survey unemployment rate was 5.5%.
- Bureau of Statistics: In the first quarter, the national real estate development investment was 2,776.5 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 0.7%; the housing construction area of real estate development enterprises was 8,062.59 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 1.0%; the newly started housing area was 298.38 million square meters, a year-on-year decrease of 17.5%; commercial housing sales The area was 310.46 million square meters, a year-on-year decrease of 13.8%; the sales of commercial housing was 2,965.5 billion yuan, a decrease of 22.7%. At the end of March, the area of commercial housing for sale was 561.13 million square meters, a year-on-year increase of 8.2%.
- China Construction News: The transaction volume of the long-term rental market in the first quarter was basically the same as that of the previous quarter; the transaction volume of Hangzhou, Nanjing, Chengdu, Suzhou, Wuhan and other new first-tier cities showed an upward trend month-on-month. rose nearly 10%.
- Bureau of Statistics: In March, crude steel output was 88.3 million tons, a year-on-year decrease of 6.4%; raw coal output was 396 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 14.8%; crude oil output was 17.71 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 3.9%; natural gas output was 19.7 billion cubic meters, a year-on-year increase of 6.3%.
- The new version of the national standard for high-standard farmland construction was released. The State Administration for Market Regulation recently approved the release of the General Rules for the Construction of High-Standard Farmland, which will be officially implemented on October 1. The general rules set construction standards in seven regions including the Northeast District and the Huanghuaihai District.
- 66 semiconductor companies in Shanghai will be the first to resume work and production.
- Shenzhen issued a 10% electricity subsidy for the city’s enterprises and individual industrial and commercial households.
- The cargo throughput of Ningbo Zhoushan Port in the first quarter exceeded 300 million tons, a year-on-year increase of 3.4%; the completed container throughput was 7.91 million TEUs, a year-on-year increase of 2.9%.
- BYD: It is estimated that the net profit in the first quarter is 650 million yuan to 950 million yuan, a year-on-year increase of 174%-300%. The sales of new energy vehicles hit a record high, and the market share continued to rise, which to a certain extent hedged the profit pressure caused by the rising price of upstream raw materials.
- Shopify launches free tool Linkpop. Recently, e-commerce giant Shopify announced that it plans to release a new personal ecological link tool called Linkpop, which can be used to create shopping pages accessed through social media apps and allow users to promote multiple links on a single page.
- Elon Musk: Zuckerberg’s grip on the parent companies of Facebook, Instagram and WhatsApp is unbreakable and will remain in control even after 14 generations. Zuckerberg owns 55% of Meta’s voting shares, which means Zuckerberg essentially has a complete veto over other shareholder proposals over the future of Meta.
- Porsche sold nearly 70,000 vehicles worldwide in the first quarter. According to official Porsche data, Porsche delivered 68,426 new vehicles worldwide in the first quarter of this year, down 5% year-on-year. Among them, in the Chinese market, the delivery volume in the first quarter was 17,685 units, a year-on-year decrease of 20%; Porsche’s global SUV model is still its best-selling model.
- World climate: Satellite observations show that in 2021, the concentration of methane in the Earth’s atmosphere will reach the highest level since 2010, and the year-on-year increase will also hit a new high.
- Germany: Germany’s record-high electricity and natural gas prices have continued to climb for months. The power supplier, which supplies electricity to Germany’s 13 million households, announced a 19.5 percent increase in prices in April, May and June. Natural gas prices rose an average of 42.3%.
- Myanmar: Vigorously promote the proportion of renewable energy power generation. According to a recent report by Myanmar’s Golden Phoenix News, the Ministry of Electricity and Energy of Myanmar said that Myanmar will increase the proportion of renewable energy power generation to 9%. To this end, Myanmar is implementing 13 solar power projects with a total power generation capacity of 370 MW.
- Philippines: Relax foreign investment restrictions in key industries. A few days ago, Philippine President Duterte signed and promulgated the “Public Service Act”, allowing foreigners to have up to 100% ownership of public services, involving telecommunications, railways, highways, airports and shipping sectors. The move is expected to make the country an “attractive investment destination”.
- Peru’s e-commerce ranks first in Latin America with a growth rate of 87%, and the growth rate is as high as 87%. At the same time, it is predicted that Peruvian e-commerce will continue to maintain high growth in the future, and it is expected that by 2025, the growth rate will rise to 110%.