- As the conflict between Russia and Ukraine continues, electronic gas manufacturers and distributors have begun to sharply increase the prices of related gas varieties involved. According to industry insiders, the prices of helium and neon gas have risen sharply, and the lithography gas is almost out of stock.
- China Securities Journal: Recently, the shortage of raw materials for power batteries and the high prices have forced car companies to increase the terminal price of products. According to the industry, since the beginning of this year, the price of power batteries has risen by 15%-20%. Some major manufacturers have to rely on grabbing orders for batteries. CITIC Securities said that new energy vehicle power batteries are about to enter the peak period of scrapping, and the sharp rise in the prices of cobalt, lithium, nickel and other metals has improved the economic benefits of the battery recycling industry. It is predicted that the global battery recycling market space will exceed 150 billion yuan in 2027.
- Canalys: The average selling price of smartphones in 2021 will increase by 10% year-on-year. In 2021, global smartphone shipments will reach 1.35 billion units, a year-on-year increase of 7%, but they have not recovered to the level of 2019 before the epidemic. In addition, the global shipments of 5G smartphones are gradually increasing, and the average selling price of 5G smartphones globally after tax is also gradually decreasing.
- The distribution of global potassium resources is uneven and oligopolistic, and there is a high degree of uncertainty in overseas supply. Only 14 countries in the world produce potash fertilizers. Canada, Russia and Belarus together account for more than 66% of the total global potash resource reserves, and the world’s top seven overseas potash fertilizer manufacturers account for 83% of the production capacity. Due to the sanctions imposed by the EU and the United States, Belarus has suspended the circulation of potash fertilizers; Russia has announced the suspension of chemical fertilizer exports due to geopolitical conflicts; Canadian CP company workers strike, which may have a serious impact on the transportation of potash fertilizers, and there is a high degree of uncertainty in overseas potash fertilizer supply.
- From January to February, the total operating income of state-owned enterprises was 11620.84 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 14.0%; the total profit was 611.86 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 16.8%. In addition, from April 1, 2022 to December 31, 2022, small-scale value-added tax taxpayers are subject to a 3% collection rate of taxable sales income and are exempt from value-added tax; prepaid value-added tax at a 3% pre-collection rate is applicable Items, suspend prepayment of value-added tax.
- SAFE: By the end of 2021, China’s banking industry will have external financial assets of US$1,531 billion, external liabilities of US$1,568.9 billion, and net external liabilities of US$37.9 billion, including US$462.5 billion in net liabilities in RMB and US$424.6 billion in net foreign currency assets.
- Compared with the past two years, the planting area of traditional Chinese medicinal materials has dropped significantly this year, by about 30%.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: From January to February, China’s software business revenue was 1,179.2 billion yuan, an increase of 11.6% year-on-year, 8 percentage points higher than the two-year average growth rate in the same period in 2020 and 2021; the total software industry profit was 133.2 billion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 7.6%. This is 11.8 percentage points lower than the two-year average growth rate in the same period in 2020 and 2021.
- On March 23, the spot price of potash fertilizer in China was as high as 4,930 yuan/ton, breaking the long-standing height since 2008 and hitting a new record high. The inventory is only about half of the same period last year, the price of granular red potassium has risen to 5,500 yuan / ton, and the actual transaction price of potassium chloride in the market is 300-500 yuan / ton higher than the ex-factory price. Regionally, the land price of potash fertilizer in Northeast China is the highest, generally exceeding 5,000 yuan / ton.
- The National Development and Reform Commission has deployed 1 million tons of national potash fertilizer reserves.
- In terms of domestic supply, China’s potassium chloride production capacity has remained stable in recent years, at the level of 8.6 million tons, and it is expected that there will be less new production capacity in the future. In terms of output, from 2016 to 2021, China’s potassium chloride output fluctuated around 6.3 million tons, and the output in 2021 was lower, down 17.45% year-on-year. In terms of domestic demand, from 2016 to 2020, the apparent consumption of potassium chloride in my country showed an upward trend, from 13.2663 million tons in 2016 to 15.4882 million tons in 2020, with an average annual compound growth rate of 3.95%.
- Gamefam: As a Roblox game developer, it has recently completed a $25 million Series A financing, and plans to use this funding to expand the team size to more than 100 people and launch on “metaverse platforms” such as Roblox and Minecraft more games.