- Melamine: The Eurasian Economic Union makes a final anti-dumping ruling. Recently, the Department of Internal Market Protection of the Eurasian Economic Commission issued an announcement to make a final anti-dumping ruling on melamine originating in China, proposing a five-year anti-dumping duty at a rate of 15.22% to 19.08%.
- Japan and Cambodia announced to promote the implementation of the RCEP agreement. The agreement will eliminate about 90% of tariffs on trade in goods between signatory countries over the next 20 years.
- Ecuador: 3 aquatic product manufacturers suspended exports to China. On March 22, the General Administration of Customs of China said that from now on, it will suspend the acceptance of product import declarations from three companies including Ecuadorian EMPACRECI, OPERADORA Y PROCESADORA DE PRODUCTOS MARINOS OMARSA S.A., for a period of 4 to 20 weeks.
- Vietnam: Foreign e-commerce businesses can pay taxes online. According to a report by VNA on March 21, the General Administration of Taxation of Vietnam has released a website for tax payment by foreign suppliers (http://etaxvn.gdt.gov.vn) and launched the Etax Mobile application to implement electronic tax payment.
- The Dutch e-commerce market has exceeded the 30 billion euro mark. In 2021, e-commerce sales in the Netherlands will be 30.6 billion euros, a year-on-year increase of 16%. Online spending by Dutch consumers rose to 31% of total spending. The average online spend per consumer also increased by 15% from EUR 1,900 to EUR 2,180.
- Sinotrans opened the China-Laos-Thailand international railway channel for the first time. Recently, the country’s first Lao-Thai train connecting China-Laos trains and the Thai market, organized by Sinotrans, was officially opened.
- The global nickel market may face a supply shortage of 157,100 tons this year, compared with a surplus of 103,700 tons in 2021. In January, the nickel market was in a surplus of 6,000 tonnes, compared with a deficit of 5,300 tonnes in the same period last year.
- Omdia: In 2021, the annual shipment of folding screen smartphones will reach 9 million units, a year-on-year increase of 309%. In 2022, the global folding screen smartphone market is expected to grow significantly from last year, reaching 14 million units; by 2026, it will reach 61 million units, accounting for 3.6% of the total smartphone market.
- Canalys: For the full year of 2021, China’s PC shipments (excluding tablets) will increase by 10% to 57 million units; notebook shipments will increase by 8% to 36.5 million units. Lenovo’s market share reached 40%, an increase of 4 percentage points over the previous year, followed by Dell and HP respectively.
- The average transaction price of the latest silicon material prices has risen for 9 consecutive weeks, with the latest increase of about 0.5%. According to the industry, the expansion of silicon materials is accelerating, and the overall supply shortage may ease in the second half of the year.
- Securities Daily: The world battery energy storage system market size is expected to reach US$4.4 billion in 2022, and this figure is expected to increase to US$15.1 billion by 2027, with a compound annual growth rate of 27.9%.
- National Development and Reform Commission and Energy Bureau: Print and distribute the “14th Five-Year Plan for Modern Energy System”. By 2025, the annual comprehensive production capacity of domestic energy will reach more than 4.6 billion tons of standard coal, the annual output of crude oil will recover and stabilize at the level of 200 million tons, the annual output of natural gas will reach more than 230 billion cubic meters, and the total installed capacity of power generation will reach about 3 billion kilowatts. The installed capacity of nuclear power operation has reached about 70 million kilowatts.
- The number of brokerage “ten thousand clubs” has increased to 6. As of March 21, the total number of employees in 131 securities companies was 344,900. A total of 3,210 people have entered the securities industry this year, showing a different style in the traditional “job-hopping season”. The number of practitioners of analysts, investment advisors, and sponsor representatives is increasing.
- Data from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs showed that the price of live pigs has dropped for six consecutive weeks. For every kilogram of meat that a pig grows, the cost of raising it will increase by about 0.8 yuan.
- The balance of China’s foreign exchange reserves was US$3,213.8 billion. The State Administration of Foreign Exchange recently announced that in February, banks settled 160.1 billion U.S. dollars in foreign exchange and sold 155.9 billion U.S. dollars of foreign exchange, with a surplus of 4.2 billion U.S. dollars; , the deficit of foreign-related receipts and payments was 6.5 billion US dollars.
- TikTok and Shopify announce expanded partnership. Recently, TikTok and Canadian e-commerce Shopify announced that they will continue to expand their cooperation to allow customers to shop directly within the TikTok app. TikTok is testing the functionality of shopping within the TikTok app for some Shopify companies in the U.S., U.K., and Canada.
- Prologis, the world’s largest warehouse owner, has launched a bid for Blackstone’s portfolio of logistics assets in what would be the largest private real estate deal ever.
- Fosun Pharma: In 2021, the operating income will be 39.005 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 28.7%; the net profit attributable to the parent is 4.735 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 29.28%. The annual R&D investment totaled 4.975 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 24.28%.
- Xiaomi Group: In 2021, total revenue will reach 328.3 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 33.5%; net profit will reach 22 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 69.5%. Global shipments of smartphones reached 190 million units, a year-on-year increase of 30.0%. The overseas market revenue was 163.6 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 33.7%, accounting for 49.8% of the total revenue. In addition, the scale of the R&D team in the automotive business has exceeded 1,000, and it is expected to be officially mass-produced in the first half of 2024.
- Wanhai Shipping has invested another US$1 billion to expand its fleet.
- Delta Air Lines (DAL.US) will develop hydrogen-powered aircraft with Airbus. The two sides plan to produce a hydrogen-powered small zero-emission aircraft, the ZEROe, expected to enter service in 2035, and hope to receive feedback from customers during the development of the new aircraft.
- Porsche’s annual revenue climbed to 33.1 billion euros. Porsche released its fiscal 2021 financial report: global new car deliveries exceeded 300,000 units for the first time, an increase of 11% year-on-year, operating income climbed to 33.1 billion euros, an increase of 15% year-on-year, and sales profit increased 27% to 5.3 billion euros, a record 16% return on sales.
- United Nations: The goal of limiting future warming to 1.5°C is now on “life support” and “intensive care”. Global energy-related carbon dioxide emissions rose 6% last year to an all-time high, and coal-related emissions also surged to a record high. The current global warming reaches 1.2°C, and the climate disaster has forced 30 million people to flee their homes.
- United States: Public companies will be required to disclose climate change-related information.
- UNITED STATES: The average national gasoline price was $4.238 a gallon Monday afternoon, down 9 cents from a week earlier and the first drop in 12 straight weeks, data showed. But demand for gasoline continued to climb, and gasoline prices were still 71.8 cents higher than a month ago and $1.37 higher than a year ago.
- United States: Cotton prices on the U.S. futures market hit a more than 10-year high on March 21 due to continued drought in parts of the central United States.
- United States: PPI index increased by 10% year-on-year. Recently, data released by the US Department of Labor showed that the US PPI in February increased by 10% year-on-year, in line with market expectations of 10%, exceeding the adjusted value of the previous month by 9.7%; it rose 0.8% month-on-month, and the expected value was 1%. But the country’s core PPI rose 8.4% year-on-year in February, less than market expectations of 8.7%. (PPI: Producer Price Index)
- Cambodia: Launched a five-year development strategy for the garment industry. It was reported on March 21 that the Cambodian government announced the implementation of the “2022-2027 Cambodian Apparel, Footwear, Baggage Development Strategy”, which will serve as a guide to promote the development of the apparel industry.
- South Korea: The average import price of cereals has risen by nearly 30%. A number of South Korean companies have begun to stockpile flour in advance. It is reported that South Korea’s wheat and corn self-sufficiency rate is less than 1%.
- Cameroon: Target to achieve 100% electricity supply by 2030. According to a recent report by the Investment Cameroon website, the Cameroonian Ministry of Water Resources and Energy stated that it will raise 847 billion CFA francs to ensure that the electricity supply rate in Cameroon reaches 100% by 2030. To this end, the ministry has studied tenders for the construction of transmission and distribution networks, involving about 7,000 municipalities.
- Russia plans to withdraw from the WTO, S&P cancels Russia’s rating.
- Saudi Arabia announces establishment of nuclear energy company. Recently, the Saudi Arabian government announced the establishment of the Saudi Nuclear Energy Holding Company (SNEHC). The company’s main work is to build nuclear power plants, carry out electricity production, heating and desalination of seawater, etc., while participating in Saudi Arabia’s domestic and international nuclear projects.
Leave A Comment