- Bleached board/folding box board: Pakistan initiated the first anti-dumping sunset review investigation. Recently, the National Tariff Commission of Pakistan issued an announcement saying that the first anti-dumping sunset review investigation was initiated against the coated white-ground bleached board/folding box board originating in or imported from China.
- Australia, India: Free trade agreement will be signed. According to “Nikkei Asia” reported on March 9, Australia and India will reach an interim free trade agreement as early as this month, covering goods, services, rules of origin and other areas, in order to seek trade diversification.
- Thailand: The duty-free period for imported anti-epidemic materials has been extended.
- South Korea: The absorption of foreign investment in the manufacturing industry continued to decline. According to a recent report by South Korea’s “Digital Times”, foreign direct investment in South Korea in 2021 will hit a new high, but the foreign investment in the manufacturing industry will be less than US$5 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 16.2%, and it has been declining for three consecutive years.
- Chittagong Port will charge 4 times the fee for non-compliant shippers. The Chittagong Port Authority said a few days ago that it will charge four times the warehouse rent for full container containers (FCL) that stay at the terminal for more than 21 days. This measure will be implemented from March 15. According to statistics, there are 32,941TEU FCL containers in the Chittagong port yard, and the total storage capacity of such containers is 35,868TEU.
- The average selling price per carat from early to mid-February rose 40 percent from September last year, according to sales data from Canada’s Diamcor Mining.
- In 2021, U.S. home prices will see sharp increases. In terms of housing rentals, the areas with the highest price increases include Miami, Tampa, Phoenix and other places, with an average rent increase of more than 25%.
- Game cards have become the new lover by capital. The market size will reach 11.5 billion US dollars in 2020, and it is expected to reach 24 billion US dollars by 2025. The domestic trading card industry will usher in a period of rapid development.
- Jinpu Titanium Industry and Huiyun Titanium Industry announced separately that starting from March 11, the sales prices of anatase and rutile titanium dioxide will be increased by 1,000 yuan/ton for various domestic customers on the basis of the original price, and for various international customers. Up $150/ton. Longbai Group announced that since March 10, the tax-included sales price of its subordinate sponge titanium products will be increased by 5,000 yuan/ton for various customers on the basis of the original price.
- The European e-commerce logistics market reached 88.2 billion euros. According to a recent report by Transport Intelligence, the European e-commerce logistics services market will reach 88.236 billion euros in 2021, a year-on-year increase of 24.6%. 70% of it went to these five countries: the UK, Germany, France, Spain and Italy.
- The export volume of pure electric vehicles in China ranks first in the world. According to the latest data released by JATO, the global electric vehicle sales will reach 4.2 million units in 2021, and the market share will double from 3.1% to 6.2%. Among them, the export volume of pure electric vehicles in China in 2021 will increase to about 3 times the previous year, reaching about 500,000 units, surpassing Germany and the United States, and ranking first in the world.
- The price of production materials in Heilongjiang Province this year has risen by 30%-50% compared with 2021, and the planting cost per hectare of corn, soybeans and other dry fields has increased by more than 5,000 yuan, which has greatly narrowed the income of growers. According to the industry, the cost of “renting land” for growers has squeezed most of their income, while the prices of seeds, fertilizers and diesel have risen in turn, which has compressed the profit margins of growers to a considerable extent.
- SOHO China: launched 32,000 square meters of houses at a 30% discount, covering 9 projects including Galaxy SOHO, Sanlitun SOHO, SOHO Donghai Plaza, SOHO Zhongshan Plaza, all located in the core areas of Beijing and Shanghai. Pan Shiyi said that all the income from the sale of houses will be used to reduce debt and will not be used for stock dividends.
- Sensor Tower: In February, Douyin and the overseas version of TikTok attracted more than US$258 million in global mobile app stores, an increase of over 200% year-on-year, and ranked first in the global mobile app (non-game) revenue list. Google One came in second with nearly $105 million in revenue, up 143.7% year-over-year. The third to fifth places are YouTube, Disney+ and Tinder.
- Jingdong Group: In 2021, the revenue will be 951.6 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 27.6%; the net loss will be 3.6 billion yuan, and the net profit in the same period last year will be 49.4 billion yuan. In the fourth quarter, the revenue was 275.9 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 23%; the net loss was 5.2 billion yuan, and the net profit in the same period last year was 24.3 billion yuan. In the 12 months to the end of 2021, the number of active purchasing users was about 570 million, with a net increase of nearly 100 million a year. 70% of the new users came from the sinking market; the omni-channel GMV increased by nearly 80% year-on-year.
- Tesla: The price of the domestic Model 3 high-performance version and the Model Y long-life and high-performance version has increased, and the price has been increased by 10,000 yuan. Since March, many domestic car companies have announced price increases.
- Ankai Bus: 800 natural gas buses were shipped to Mexico.
- South African retail giant Massmart widens its losses. Recently, South Africa’s second largest retail giant Massmart announced its 2021 financial report. The company’s loss increased to 2 billion rand, up from 1.75 billion rand in 2020, and sales fell 1.9% year-on-year to 84.9 billion rand. The company’s shares fell more than 13% after the earnings report.
- US: The trade deficit hit a record high in January. The U.S. trade deficit rose 9.4 percent in January to a record $89.7 billion, driven by a surge in imports of oil and autos and a sharp drop in exports, Commerce Department data showed.
- Brazil: Industrial production hit a record low in January. According to data released by the National Geographical Statistics Institute of Brazil on March 9, in January this year, Brazil’s industrial output fell by 2.4% month-on-month, the lowest since the same period in 2018. Among them, the automobile manufacturing industry fell the most.
- The added value of China’s manufacturing industry ranks first in the world for 12 consecutive years. Recently, we learned from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology that in 2021, the added value of China’s manufacturing industry will reach 31.4 trillion yuan, accounting for 27.4% of GDP.
- German industrial new orders rose for the third consecutive month. Recently, data released by the German Federal Statistical Office showed that in January this year, German industrial new orders increased by 1.8% month-on-month, the third consecutive month-on-month increase. In January, German industrial output rose by 2.7% month-on-month. Among them, German construction industry output rose by 10.1% month-on-month, and energy industry output fell by 0.1% month-on-month.