Trade, Import & Export
- China Construction Machinery Industry Association: In January, 15,607 excavators of various types were sold, a year-on-year decrease of 20.4%; among them, 8,282 were domestic, a year-on-year decrease of 48.3%; and 7,325 were exported, a year-on-year increase of 105%. In January, 7,598 loaders of various types were sold, a year-on-year decrease of 14.8%. Among them, 6,765 loaders of 3 tons and above were sold, a year-on-year decrease of 17.8%.
- World Wide Web: Most of the paper companies were shut down during the Chinese Spring Festival holiday. On February 7, paper companies resumed production and work one after another. Some paper companies have little pressure on their inventories, and their intention to increase is gradually increasing. Following Shanying’s price increase, paper mills such as Lee & Man Paper, Dongguan Jianhui, Jiangmen Star, Jintian Paper, and Tianhe Paper all issued notices of price increases, with an increase of 50-500 yuan/ton.
- The White House has warned the chip industry to diversify its supply chain in case Russia retaliated against U.S.-threatened export curbs and blocked access to critical materials. Reports indicate that more than 90 percent of U.S. semiconductor-grade neon gas supplies come from Ukraine, while 35 percent of palladium comes from Russia.
- SAFE: In the fourth quarter of 2021, China’s current account will have a surplus of 763.6 billion yuan, including a surplus of 1,152.6 billion yuan from trade in goods, a deficit of 97.1 billion yuan from trade in services, a deficit of 332.4 billion yuan from primary income and a surplus of 40.4 billion yuan from secondary income. In the capital and financial accounts, direct investment recorded a surplus of 261.1 billion yuan, and reserve assets increased by 270.8 billion yuan.
- National Medical Insurance Bureau: The state has organized 6 batches of centralized drug purchases, with a total of 234 kinds of drugs purchased, and the market value involved accounts for about 30% of the purchase amount of chemical drugs and biological drugs by public medical institutions. In 2021, special procurement of insulin will be launched, and centralized procurement will be expanded from chemical drugs to biological drugs for the first time.
- The centralized procurement of high-value medical consumables focuses on cardiology and orthopedics, two areas that are most concerned by the masses.
- HSBC expects the Fed to raise interest rates by 150 basis points in 2022, and expects the Fed to raise interest rates by 50 basis points in March; Goldman Sachs raised its forecast for the Fed to raise interest rates in 2022 to 7 consecutive interest rate hikes, with each rate hike of 25 basis points.
- Luxshare Precision: and Chery New Energy plan to jointly set up a joint venture company, specializing in the R&D and manufacturing of new energy vehicles.
- Coca-Cola: In 2021, revenue will be $38.66 billion, a year-on-year increase of 17%; operating profit will be $10.31 billion, a year-on-year increase of 15%. Single-case sales in the Asia-Pacific market increased 11% year-on-year, mainly due to strong growth in China, India and the Philippines. Out-of-home sales in the fourth quarter of last year surpassed the same period in 2019 for the first time.
- Volvo Cars: In 2021, operating income will be SEK 282 billion, an increase of about 7% year-on-year; operating profit will reach SEK 20.3 billion, far exceeding SEK 8.5 billion in 2020.
Leave A Comment