Covid-19 & Vaccine
- Sun Weidong, Chinese Ambassador to India: Since April, China has provided India with more than 5,000 ventilators, 21,569 oxygen generators, and more than 21.48 million masks.
- Bureau of Statistics: It is understood that China’s population will continue to grow in 2020, and the specific data will be released in the seventh national census communique. The passenger flow during the May 1st holiday is expected to reach 265 million, and the highway traffic volume on the first day of the holiday is expected to exceed 60 million, a record high. According to the third-party platform “May Day” holiday travel product reservations, about 70% of users choose to travel across provinces; car rental orders have increased significantly compared with 2019, an increase of 126%.
- BOSS directly hired research institute: In the first quarter, the demand for tourism-related jobs on the platform increased by 35% year-on-year, and the attention of job seekers increased by 62% year-on-year. The demand for emerging jobs such as travel planners and travel customizers has soared. Most of these jobs are concentrated in first-tier and new-tier cities with strong spending power and rich tourism resources.
- Canalys: China’s smartphone market has grown for the first time in four years, with shipments of 92.4 million units in the first quarter, an increase of 27% year-on-year. Among them, vivo ranks first in the Chinese market, with a market share of 23%, and shipments of 21.6 million units; OPPO, Huawei, Xiaomi, and Apple have market shares of 22%, 16%, 15%, and 13%, respectively.
- Xinhua News Agency: In the first quarter, the electricity consumption of the whole society increased by 21.2% year-on-year, driving the annual electricity consumption to increase by 4.5% year-on-year, an increase of 14.4% compared with the same period in 2019.
- On the 28th, the White House announced the details of Biden’s $1.8 trillion “American Family Plan” on its official website, including approximately $1 trillion in investment and a $800 billion tax cut for American families and workers, covering education, childcare, and paid vacation. And sick leave.
Where the money from
Biden plans to increase the personal income tax rate for an annual income of more than 600,000, from 37% to 39.6%; at the same time, the capital gains tax for households with an annual income of more than $1 million will also be increased to 39.6%.
- At the same time, Biden will require the IRS to strengthen law enforcement, end preferential policies for hedge fund partners and real estate investors, or impose inheritance taxes to pay for the remaining huge budget.