- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: There are currently more than 350 million 5G package users, and the unit price of 5G packages has dropped to 4.4 yuan per G(US$0.69/G).
- The State Council: Agreed to launch a comprehensive pilot program for expanding the opening up of the service industry in Tianjin, Shanghai, Hainan Province, and Chongqing. The pilot period is 3 years from the date of approval.
- State Administration of Radio, Film and Television: Issued the “2020 National Radio and Television Industry Statistics Bulletin.” The online audio-visual income of 573 license holders and 70 filing institutions was 294.393 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 69.37%. Among them, service income from user fees and program copyrights increased significantly, reaching 83.080 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 36.36%; other incomes such as short videos and e-commerce live broadcasts grew rapidly, reaching 211.313 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 87.18%.
- China Photovoltaic Industry Association: In the first quarter, China’s solar cell module production and photovoltaic installed capacity both increased by 40% year-on-year; domestic polysilicon production increased by 4% to more than 100,000 tons.
- 2021 China Agriculture Outlook Conference: released the “China Agriculture Outlook Report (2021-2030)”, which is expected to increase overall sugar production in the next 10 years, reaching 11.35 million tons in 2030; consumption is expected to increase by 0.9% annually, and consumption in 2030 The volume reached 16.44 million tons. It is expected that sugar imports will remain high in the next 10 years, with an average annual growth rate of 5.8%, and imports in 2030 will reach 5.52 million tons.
- TrendForce Consulting: In late April, panel prices continued to rise, continuing the upward trend since July last year. Among them, the price of 32-inch TV panels rose by 10.7%, and the average price is now US$83 per piece. Notebook panel prices rose by an average of 6.45%, 11.6-inch and 14-inch panels rose by 7.6%, and the current reported average price is US$39.7/piece. The prices of notebook panels and 32-inch TV panels hit new highs since 2017.
- Omdia: Apple is becoming the largest buyer of smartphone OLED panels. In 2021, the purchase volume will reach 169 million pieces. Among them, Samsung Display is expected to supply 110 million pieces for Apple, LG Display will supply 50 million pieces, and BOE will supply 9 million pieces. sheet. Samsung Electronics’ mobile phone OLED panel procurement volume closely follows Apple, purchasing 157 million units for Galaxy models, and Xiaomi ranks third, with 67 million units expected to be purchased in 2021.
- Strategy Analytics: Global smartphone shipments in Q1 of 2021 will be 340 million, a year-on-year increase of 24%, the highest growth since 2015. The rebound in the smartphone market has been driven by consumers’ healthy demand for older devices and Chinese manufacturers’ strong push for 5G.
- Forbes Chinese website: As the U.S. real estate industry is booming, demand for wood has skyrocketed. At the same time, the epidemic has blocked the supply of sawmills. The local wood price has reached a historical high of US$1,26.70 per thousand board feet, which is more than four times the price a year ago.
- Digitimes: Citing industry sources, Huawei plans to launch three new foldable smartphones in the second half of 2021.
- Coca-Cola CEO James Quincy said that due to rising raw material prices, the company intends to increase product prices.