- Japan has decided to discharge wastewater from the Fukushima nuclear power plant into the Pacific Ocean! ! According to reports from Kyodo News and Reuters Tokyo, on the 13th local time, the Japanese government decided to discharge the treated radioactive sewage accumulated by the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant into the sea, with a water volume of more than 1 million tons.
- Singapore: Complete the RCEP approval process.
- In March, the overall shipment of the domestic mobile phone market was 36.09 million units, a year-on-year increase of 65.9%. Among them, the domestic market of 5G mobile phone shipments was 27.498 million units, accounting for 76.2% of the mobile phone shipments in the same period; 16 new models were launched, accounting for 39.0% of the number of new mobile phone models launched in the same period. In the first quarter, the total domestic mobile phone market shipments totaled 97.973 million units, a year-on-year increase of 100.1%.
- Omdia: In 2021, tablet PC panel shipments will drop 2.4% from last year to 265 million pieces
- Xu Zhijun, Vice Chairman of Huawei: Huawei will increase investment in autonomous driving. It will build sub-brands in the automotive sector with BAIC, GAC and Changan. Regarding the Hongmeng system, it is estimated that 100 million devices will experience the Hongmeng operating system in 2021. The five key strategic measures in the future are to optimize the industry mix and enhance the resilience of the industry; to promote the full use of 5G value; to create a user-centric and seamless smart experience in all scenarios; to reduce energy consumption through technological innovation and to achieve a low-carbon society; and to strive to solve supply continuous.
- SpaceX: By launching another five batches of Starlink satellites, SpaceX can provide Internet access services almost anywhere on the planet. It is hoped that within a few months after a total of 29 Starlink launches have been completed, a global network connection will be realized. SpaceX has launched 1,383 satellites in the past 17 months, and more than 900 satellites have reached their final orbits and are in operation.
Trade and Shipment
- The first Sino-Russian container freight route operated by a Chinese shipowner completed its maiden voyage. The route is from Taicang Port in Jiangsu to Vladivostok Port in the Russian Far East. It runs weekly and takes 4 days one way.
- India initiated an anti-dumping investigation on rubber chemical additives. Recently, the Indian Ministry of Commerce and Industry issued an announcement stating that it initiated an anti-dumping investigation against TDQ, PVI, CBS rubber chemical additives originating in or imported from China. This case involves products under the Indian customs code 3812 and some products under 29.