- Zhong Nanshan: The vast majority of Chinese people are vaccinated (at least 80% or even more than 85%), and China can be completely open. It is estimated that it will reach 80% by the end of this year.
- ABC: There are still 70 million people eligible for vaccination in the United States who have not yet been vaccinated. They believe that there is a danger and may cause a rebound in new cases.
- World Trade Organization: Global merchandise trade is expected to grow by 10.8% in 2021, compared with the previous value of 8.0%; it is predicted that global trade in goods will grow by 4.7% in 2022, with the previous value being 4.0%. The biggest risk facing trade growth is the new crown epidemic. Other risks include semiconductor shortages, port backlogs, inflation and freight issues.
- The supply chain crisis in the United States continues to ferment. Due to the easing of the new crown pneumonia epidemic, U.S. commodity imports have soared, and transportation delays across the United States have become increasingly severe. In addition to the serious congestion in the ports of Southern California, the backlogs of multiple ports including New York, New Jersey, Texas and Georgia have reached a record high.
- YouGov, a British market research company: 39% of 13 to 17-year-old Americans said that ads on platforms such as TikTok and Instagram have attracted their attention. Video game advertising is a powerful tool for marketers to reach young Americans.
- Taiwan’s Economic Daily: The semiconductor industry chain continued to increase prices in the fourth quarter, with TSMC and UMC rising by 10%, up to 20%. In terms of chips, the demand for power management ICs and driver ICs is still high-end.
- “Wall Street Journal”: Apple’s operating profit in games in 2019 was 8.5 billion U.S. dollars. It only relied on extracting achievements to obtain profits that exceeded the combined revenue of Nintendo, Microsoft, Activision Blizzard and Sony. Apple is expected to earn $15.9 billion from the AppStore this year, 69% of which comes from games.
- IMAX China: During the Golden Week of November, IMAX broke the record for the first weekend of the four days (September 30-October 3) with 85 million yuan. Currently, 17 of the top 20 theaters with the highest box office in Mainland China during the National Day are IMAX theaters.
- Xinhua News Agency: In the first three quarters, Xinjiang’s total external power transmission through the four “Xinjiang Power Transmission” channels hit a record high, reaching 93.5 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 22.4%, alleviating the shortage of power supply in some provinces.
- Zhejiang News: Zhejiang Province purchased coal from Kazakhstan for the first time, bringing “timely rain” to Zhejiang Province, which is currently in short supply of electricity coal. This batch of 136,000 tons of high calorific value and high-quality Kazakhstan coal, the cargo ship ran at sea for 30 days, sailing 8501 nautical miles.
- Chinanews.com: The scale of the domestic dishwasher market this year is expected to be close to tens of billions. From January to August, the total sales of domestic dishwashers increased by 15.8% year-on-year to 5.77 billion yuan, and the total sales increased by 3.2% year-on-year to 1.16 million units. The domestic penetration rate of dishwashers is still less than 3%, but it has entered a rapid introduction period and is only one step away from the popularization period.
- Economic Daily: From 2015 to 2021, the scale of China’s payment for knowledge market has been increasing year by year. The market size has risen from 1.59 billion yuan in 2015 to 27.8 billion yuan in 2019. It is expected that the scale of China’s payment for knowledge market will reach 675 in 2021. 100 million yuan, a significant increase of 142.8% from 2019.
- Department of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of Liaoning Province: Liaoning, a large grain producing province, has entered a suitable harvest period for autumn grains. Liaoning is expected to usher in a bumper grain harvest. The annual grain output will exceed 50 billion catties, further consolidating its status as a major grain producing province.
- CCTV Finance: The rising transportation cost directly affects the purchase price of Matsutake. The price of Chinese matsutake in the Japanese market has been rising for two consecutive years. The wholesale price in early September rose 20% year-on-year to RMB 670. Matsutake, the main producing area of China’s matsutake, which was originally used for export in Yunnan, has been sold on the domestic market.
- Institute of International Finance: The total global debt reached a record high of US$296 trillion in the second quarter, an increase of 28.7% compared to 2017. In 2020, the proportion of total global debt in GDP will also rise to 355%, a sharp increase of 35 percentage points from 2019, far exceeding the 2008 financial crisis; in the first quarter of 2021, it will reach a record 362%.