COVID-19 and Vaccine
- Chen Wei, academician of the Chinese Academy of Engineering: The vaccine can be injected subcutaneously or inhaled through nasal spray. The dose required for the latter is 1/5 of the former, and it can form mucosal immunity. The nasal spray/inhalation new crown vaccine is applying for emergency use.
- Vietnam approved the emergency use of the SARS-CoV-2 Vaccine(Vero Cell) vaccine.
- IDC: In 2021, smartphone shipments are expected to reach 1.38 billion units, an increase of 7.7% over 2020. This trend is expected to continue until 2022, with a year-on-year growth of 3.8%, with shipments totaling 1.43 billion units.
- IDC: In 2020, global spending on the Internet of Things will reach 690.47 billion U.S. dollars, of which the Chinese market accounts for 23.6%. It is predicted that by 2025, the global Internet of Things market will reach 1.1 trillion US dollars, with an average annual compound growth rate of 11.4%, of which the Chinese market will account for 25.9%, making the Internet of Things market the largest in the world.
- Nikkei Chinese.com: The trading price of large-size OLED panels for TVs has stopped falling after a lapse of four quarters, and has turned into a price increase for the first time since July-September 2018. Judging from the discounted prices of large orders from April to June, the 55-inch products and large 65-inch products with the most circulation increased by about 4-8% compared to January-March.
- China: It is estimated that the number of tourists out of this year’s Dragon Boat Festival will reach 100 million.
- Incheon Airport, South Korea: Incheon Airport Terminal 1 Entry Duty Free Shop, which has been suspended due to the epidemic, will resume operations on June 4.
- The Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR) announced on the 2nd local time that it would impose 25% tariffs on goods worth more than US$2 billion in six countries (the UK, Italy, Spain, Turkey, India and Austria). The move was taken as a countermeasure for the six countries to impose digital service taxes on US Internet companies.
- BMW China: 360,000 charging piles will be built in China before the end of this year; 100 photovoltaic, charging, and energy storage charging stations will be built by the end of 2022.
- Bloomberg: It is said that Tesla has begun recruiting leadership and senior positions in India, and is hiring for positions including sales and marketing directors and human resources directors.
- bilibili: Recently, is testing a function that allows users to send red envelopes when chatting.
- Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations: In May, the global food price index rose by 4.8% month-on-month, rising for the 12th consecutive month, and set the largest month-on-month increase since October 2010, reaching the highest level since September 2011; vegetable oils, sugar and grains International prices have soared, leading the index to rise.
- NASA: It plans to perform two new missions to explore Venus between 2028 and 2030, and each program will receive approximately US$500 million in funding. The content includes studying the evolution process of Venus, and further understanding of the geological history of Venus and analyzing the difference between it and the earth in the direction of development.