- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: China has invested more than 260 billion yuan in 5G network construction.
- Kexing SinoVac: Thailand completed the emergency registration of China’s new crown pneumonia vaccine.
- The bilateral trade volume between China and India will reach 77.7 billion U.S. dollars in 2020, and the trade deficit will be close to 40 billion U.S. dollars, becoming India’s largest source of trade deficit.
- According to data released by the German Federal Statistics Office on February 22, despite the impact of the new crown pneumonia epidemic, the total bilateral trade between China and Germany in 2020 increased by 3% year-on-year to approximately 212.1 billion euros. China has become Germany’s most important trade for the fifth consecutive year. partner.
- Douyin announced the number of active search users for the first time. The monthly active users of Douyin search reached 550 million. In the coming year, Douyin will increase its investment in search. As the most direct way to obtain information, search is also video. . In the mobile Internet era, more and more information is scattered in major APPs, and major manufacturers are exploring in-end search to create a closed loop of “content + service”.
- International Semiconductor Industry Association: In January, the shipment value of North American semiconductor equipment manufacturers was US$3.04 billion, an increase of 13.4% month-on-month and 29.9% year-on-year. 2021 has a good start, with shipments hitting a record high, and digital transformation will accelerate the strong and lasting demand for semiconductor equipment.
- Canalys: In 2020, electric vehicles will only account for 6.3% of China’s total passenger vehicle sales, and it will usher in growth in the coming years. In 2020, 1.3 million electric vehicles were sold in the Chinese market, an increase of 8% year-on-year, accounting for 41% of global electric vehicle sales. In 2021, China is expected to sell 1.9 million electric vehicles, an increase of 51%, accounting for 9% of China’s total car sales.
- In January, China’s power battery production totaled 12.0GWh, a year-on-year increase of 317.2% and a month-on-month decrease of 20.4%. The year-on-year growth rate of lithium iron phosphate batteries continued to be greater than that of ternary batteries. The output of ternary batteries was 6.8GWh, an increase of 241.6% year-on-year, and a decrease of 19.4% from the previous month; the output of lithium iron phosphate batteries was 5.2GWh, a year-on-year increase of 493.6% and a decrease of 20.3% from the previous month.
- In 2020, China’s total social logistics is 300.1 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 3.5% at comparable prices; the total revenue of the logistics industry is 10.5 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 2.2%.
- Tesla: Publicize the price list of common maintenance items for different models. The price of most maintenance items is about 50% of that of traditional luxury cars such as Mercedes-Benz, BMW, and Audi. The maintenance price of Model 3 is basically at the same level as that of ordinary domestic joint venture brand vehicles. The current annual insurance cost of the Tesla Model 3 is about 5,000 yuan, while the insurance premium for the same-level models of traditional luxury brands is about 8,000-10,000 yuan.
Trade /Import/ Export
- Brazil: Will gradually reduce bicycle import tariffs. From March 1st, tariffs will be reduced from 35% to 30%, from July 1st to 25%, and from December 31st to 20%.
- Argentina’s barley exports to China will soar to 1 million tons in 2021, setting a record.
- From 2021, the South Korean government will tax the income of virtual assets such as virtual currencies exceeding 2.5 million won in a year at a tax rate of 20%.
- Israel, Egypt: will build submarine natural gas pipelines, which will be processed into liquefied natural gas for export to Europe
- Aniline: India officially levied anti-dumping duties, the tax amount is 36.90 US dollars / metric ton ~ 121.79 US dollars / metric ton. The measures will take effect on July 29, 2020, and will be valid for 5 years.
- Mexico launched the second anti-dumping investigation against seamless steel pipes imported from China with a nominal outer diameter greater than or equal to 5 inches and less than or equal to 16 inches.
- South Korea’s exports in the first 20 days of February increased by 16.7%. According to data released by the Korean Customs Agency, exports in the first 20 days of February increased by 16.7% year-on-year to US$30.4 billion. Semiconductor exports increased by 27.5%, automobile exports increased by 45.9%, petrochemical exports fell 5.7%, and computer peripherals fell 4.8%. By destination, exports to China increased by 32.7% year-on-year, exports to the United States increased by 14%, exports to Europe increased by 53.6%, Vietnam increased by 10.9%, and Japan increased by 6.5%.
- Thailand will levy taxes on foreign electronic operators. Starting from September 1 this year, Thailand will charge 7% of electronic services to all “foreign companies” that provide online services with annual revenues of more than 1.8 million baht (about 387,000 yuan). Service value-added tax.
- 1,800 empty containers arrived at Xiamen Port, China (ps. However, the ocean freight price did not decrease)
- On the 22nd, Dexun will acquire Apex International Corporation, a leading freight forwarding company in Asia. This is the company’s largest acquisition to date. The transaction will put Apex’s valuation at between US$1.5 billion and US$2 billion.
- In 2020, the number of births in Japan decreased by 2.9% year-on-year to 872,700, a record low for five consecutive years; the number of deaths was 1,384,500, a year-on-year decrease of 0.7%, the first decline in 11 years.
- All movie theaters in New York will reopen on March 5 at the earliest. In order to prevent the epidemic, all movie theaters in New York City will be the same as other open theaters in New York State, allowing only 25% attendance, and the large theaters of movie theaters shall not exceed 50 audiences per show.
- After the Spring Festival holiday, local food prices in South Korea ushered in a new round of overall rise. Vegetable prices have increased significantly, among which green onions have doubled year-on-year, tomatoes and onions have increased by more than 80%; rice prices have also increased by nearly 20% year-on-year. The South Korean government stated that it will add 60,000 tons of reserve rice to the market in the near future, and actively support domestic vegetable farmers to increase vegetable production; at the same time, depending on the rise in food prices, it will reduce import tariffs on some crops.
- Most of Israel’s economic activities have fully restarted. According to data released by the Israeli Ministry of Health recently, nearly half of the country’s 9 million people have received at least one dose of Pfizer vaccine, and the immunity after vaccination is as high as 95.8%.