- Xinhua News Agency: In 2021, the box office of Spring Festival movies was 7.822 billion yuan, an increase of 32.47% over 2019; the total number of people watching movies during the Spring Festival was 160 million, an increase of 21% over the 132 million Spring Festival movies in 2019. It once again broke the national film box office record for the Spring Festival file, and set a number of world records such as the global single market single-day box office and the global single market weekend box office.
- In 2021, “movie tickets are too expensive” and “look down on movies” have become a common phenomenon among many audiences. According to data from the Beacon Professional Edition, the national average ticket price for the Spring Festival stall is 49.1 yuan, which is 4.5 yuan higher than the 2019 Spring Festival stall, an increase of 10%. The first-tier cities in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou and Shenzhen saw a significant increase, 10.5 yuan higher than the 2019 Spring Festival file.
- Ministry of Communications: It is estimated that from New Year’s Eve to the sixth day, China’s railways, highways, waterways, and civil aviation will send 97.663 million passengers, a year-on-year decrease of 57.9% and a decrease of 71.5% from the 2019 Spring Festival holiday.
Ministry of Commerce: China’s key retail and catering companies achieved sales of approximately 821 billion yuan, an increase of 28.7% over the same period in 2020, and an increase of 4.9% over the 2019 Spring Festival Golden Week. Among them, jewellery, clothing, communication equipment, and digital home appliances increased by 160.8%, 107.1%, 39.0%, and 29.9% respectively. The sales of fitness equipment on some e-commerce platforms increased by 49% year-on-year.
- Post Office: During the holidays, China’s postal express delivery industry collected and delivered 660 million parcels, a year-on-year increase of 260%.
China Automobile Association: In January, the top ten Chinese brand car sales companies were Changan, SAIC, Geely, Great Wall, FAW, Dongfeng, Chery, BAIC, JAC and BYD; they sold 1,145,200 vehicles, accounting for Chinese brand car sales. 87.37% of the total. Ten companies all grew rapidly year-on-year, of which Changan’s growth rate was particularly significant.
- Ministry of Culture and Tourism: Affected by the novel coronavirus pneumonia, the number of domestic tourists in 2020 was 2.879 billion, a year-on-year decrease of 52.1%. Among them, urban residents traveled 2.065 billion, a decrease of 53.8%; rural residents traveled 814 million, a decrease of 47.0%. Domestic tourism revenue was 2.23 trillion yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 61.1%; the per capita expenditure per trip was 774.14 yuan, a year-on-year decrease of 18.8%.
- Tesla: Adjust the official website price. The American Model 3 standard battery life upgrade version is reduced by $1,000, and the high-performance version is increased by $1,000; the Model Y high-performance version is increased by $1,000; the Japanese Model 3 standard battery life version is reduced by 16%. At the same time, it announced that it will launch Model Y in South Korea and will expand the local infrastructure.
- Amazon: For the first time, it will start producing electronic products in India. It will secure a production line at the Hon Hai plant in Chennai, southern India. It plans to produce the Fire TV Stick, a network TV stick, in 2021.
- Brazil: After testing, China’s SINOVAC new crown vaccine is effective against mutated new coronaviruses from the United Kingdom and South Africa.
- The American “Perseverance” rover successfully landed on Mars, opening a new chapter in the human space program. On the afternoon of February 18, local time, the American “Perseverance” rover successfully landed on Mars, becoming the fifth success of the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) Landing rover. Perseverance will collect samples on Mars and try to find evidence of life.