- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: In 2020, China’s industrial added value will reach 31.31 trillion yuan, ranking first among the world’s largest manufacturing countries for 11 consecutive years. In 2020, the growth rate of new energy vehicles reached 10.9%, and showed a continuous growth trend; production and sales volume ranked first in the world for 6 consecutive years, with a cumulative sales of 5.5 million vehicles. By the end of 2020, my country had opened a total of 718,000 5G base stations, and the number of 5G mobile phone terminal connections exceeded 200 million.
- In February, the box office of Mainland China totaled 12.267 billion, an increase of 1.1 billion yuan from the highest monthly box office record set in February 2019 in the Mainland, setting a new global single-month record high and about US$500 million higher than the highest monthly record in North America.
- As the market with the largest amount of semiconductor chips, mobile phone chips are in a “completely out of stock” state. According to the industry, Qualcomm’s full range of material delivery time has been extended to more than 30 weeks, and the delivery cycle of CSR Bluetooth audio chips has reached more than 33 weeks; mobile phone manufacturers including Huawei, OPPO, vivo, and OnePlus are increasing the stocking of mobile phone products The quantity has further increased the imbalance between chip supply and demand.
- In 2020, the market size of the new-style tea industry is 113.6 billion yuan, and the market size is expected to reach 340 billion yuan in 2025.
- Qunzhi Consulting: Since the beginning of 2021, upstream wafer foundries and packaging and testing plants have responded to full capacity, and the delivery cycle has been lengthened again, resulting in a lack of optimism in the supply and demand situation of image sensors. A series of national policy subsidies have promoted the rapid increase of on-board cameras and security monitoring for autonomous driving. At the same time, the continuous rise of smart phones with multiple cameras has also become a trend. In 2021, global image sensor shipments are expected to reach approximately 7.99 billion units, a year-on-year increase of 4%; smartphone camera sensor shipments are approximately 5.89 billion units, a year-on-year increase of 4%.
- On March 1, the price of multiple varieties of paper rose. Leading companies such as Chenming and Taiyang have increased significantly on the basis of the previous price increase letter, with an increase ranging from 500 yuan to 1,700 yuan per ton.
- Wood Mackenzie Consulting: In 2020, in the context of a 20% decline in global car sales, the sales of electric vehicles have bucked the trend and increased by 38%.
- Japan Automobile Dealers Association: Due to global chip shortages, Japanese car sales fell 2.2% year-on-year in February, the first decline in five months.