- According to a report released by PricewaterhouseCoopers, it is estimated that by 2030, the increase in food spending in Asia will reach 4.4 trillion US dollars, of which 2.4 trillion will be driven by the active choice of the new generation of Asian consumers. Major consumer trends include healthier diets, safety traceability and online shopping convenience. It is estimated that by 2030, the entire industrial chain needs to add 750 billion US dollars of incremental investment to the current level.
- As an important category for e-commerce, the sales performance of the beauty track has been soaring since the entry of Douyin, and the average monthly compound growth of the beauty category in the first three quarters of 2021 reached 12.5%. Especially with the growth of mobile Internet, the post-90s and 00s have become the main consumer of beauty products, and personalized demand has begun to explode. With the lowering of the entry barrier for global purchases of goods, the number of global merchandising broadcasters in the third quarter increased by 1836% compared with the beginning of this year, and 90% of the sales came from celebrities and millions of fans.
- The offline promotion of “Black Friday” in the United States has resulted in fewer discounts offered by many retailers under the tight supply chain. The “Cyber Monday” shopping festival has sprung up, and has a tendency to surpass “Black Friday”. According to an Adobe report, online spending on Thanksgiving in the United States is estimated to be approximately US$5.1 billion to US$5.9 billion. “Cyber Monday” will be the largest online shopping day in the United States this year, and spending is expected to reach a record US$11.3 billion. From November 1 to the end of the year, online sales are expected to increase by 10% year-on-year, reaching a total of US$207 billion.
- Workers’ Daily: The average daily online time for users aged 60 and above is over 1 hour, and they log in to the APP 5 times a day on average, which is higher than users of other age groups. After crossing the “digital divide”, many elderly people fell into a “digital addiction.” Experts said that in order to achieve the transition from “the elderly have a sense of support” to “the elderly have a sense of happiness”, it is necessary to provide richer and meaningful life options, such as the construction of urban living rooms, parks and other open spaces.
- Recently, there have been frequent news of price increases in the food and beverage industry, and the price of MSG in the condiment track has also quietly increased. In the first three quarters, the average price of MSG was 8804 yuan/ton, a year-on-year increase of 26%. The highest point is expected to appear in November, which is close to the highest point in 2008. Analysts said that the demand for MSG is expected to continue to increase in the next five years, with an average annual growth rate of 1.4%.
- China Securities Journal: Recently, the lithium battery industry chain has begun a new round of price increases. Driven by the continuous rise in upstream lithium salt prices, lithium battery manufacturers have raised product prices one after another, and the quotations are expected to rise by about 20%. Since the beginning of this year, the new energy vehicle market has continued to grow, forming an important support for the price of lithium batteries on the demand side. The acceleration of production expansion by lithium battery manufacturers has caused the supply of upstream lithium salt products to exceed demand.
- Bloomberg Industry Research: It is estimated that by 2024, the Meta Universe market will be worth 800 billion US dollars. ETFs are likely to benefit from this. The four newly launched Metaverse ETFs in South Korea are among the fastest-growing funds of its kind, and the assets of two ETFs have increased by US$100 million in two weeks. Metaverse ETF assets may exceed US$2 billion by the end of the year.
- China Securities Journal: As of November 26, Tesla ranked first in the market value of global auto companies, and BYD ranked third. Analysts said that it is possible to focus on leading companies in the electric vehicle industry chain with global competitive advantages; it is recommended to focus on the three main investment lines of the new energy vehicle industry chain in 2022, including high-resilient overseas supply chains, leading companies in the lithium battery link, and negative links. Lithium iron link and copper foil link.
- According to the research report of Tianfeng Securities, the growth of the number of Internet users driven by mobile phones and computers has slowed down, and the technology-based enterprise industry urgently needs to find the next incremental track. The output value of China’s automobile industry exceeds 8 trillion, accounting for more than 8% of the total GDP. The average price of the car reaches 140,000 yuan, and the annual production and sales of 30,000 to 50,000 units are likely to be profitable. In the future, there will be thousands of people and young people of Generation Z, and automobile consumption will be more personalized. The market space and opportunities for car-making are large enough to carry the dreams of entrepreneurs. Smart cars have become the world’s largest entrepreneurial outlet after the Internet.
- Beijing Economic Development Zone: Formally signed a “cooperation agreement” with Xiaomi Technology, announcing that Xiaomi Motors will settle here. The project will build the Xiaomi Automobile Headquarters Base, Sales Headquarters, R&D Headquarters, and build a complete vehicle factory with an annual production capacity of 300,000 vehicles. The first and second phases will each have a production capacity of 150,000. The first vehicle is expected to roll off the assembly line in 2024.
- Bureau of Statistics: From January to October, the total profits of industrial enterprises above designated size across the country achieved a total profit of 7164.99 billion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 42.2%, an increase of 43.2% from January to October 2019, and an average increase of 19.7% over the two years. At the end of October, the assets of industrial enterprises above designated size totaled 138.60 trillion yuan, a year-on-year increase of 9.6%; the total liabilities were 78.07 trillion yuan, an increase of 8.8%; the asset-liability ratio was 56.3%, a year-on-year decrease of 0.4 percentage points. The profit of industrial enterprises continued to rise in October, but the profit differentiation between upstream and downstream industries has not improved significantly. The cost of some downstream industries is still under pressure, and downward pressure on the profitability of industrial enterprises still exists.
- The epidemic in Japan continues to improve, but public bathhouse operators are facing the problem of high fuel costs. Practitioners say that this year’s fuel costs will cost 50% more than last year. In addition, the shortage of manpower in many industries has become increasingly prominent. In October, the number of recruitment advertisements in Japan increased by 20% year-on-year. Among them, advertisements for waiters in restaurants increased by 35% year-on-year, and chef recruitment increased by nearly 40%.
- National Iranian Oil Company: Iran plans to increase natural gas production to 1.5 billion cubic meters per day, and the goal is to increase oil production to 5 million barrels per day. Foreign investment in the energy sector is welcome, and the 11th phase of the South Pars gas field will be put into operation next year.
- Turkey: The Turkish currency, the lira, has depreciated by about 40% this year, making it one of the worst performing currencies in emerging markets. According to statistics released by the Turkish Statistics Agency, the inflation rate in October was close to 20%, and food prices rose by more than 27% year-on-year, hitting low-income families particularly severely.
- Mexico’s National Geographic and Statistics Bureau: In the first half of November, Mexico’s inflation rate rose to 7.05% year-on-year, the highest level in 20 years, far exceeding its 3% inflation target. Since the beginning of this year, Mexico’s inflation rate has accelerated, and the prices of manufactured goods, raw materials, energy, etc. have risen significantly.
- British “Guardian”: Experts say that the power of the new variant of the new crown virus first discovered in South Africa is likely to be more terrifying than the existing Delta virus; it may have evolved from AIDS patients.
- Overseas Network: The governor of New York State of the United States announced that the state is about to enter a “disaster emergency” for the new crown epidemic, due to the increase in the infection rate of the new crown virus and the increase in hospitalization rates, as well as concerns about the newly discovered mutant strain of the new crown. The statement will take effect on December 3.