- Korea Display Industry Association: The global automotive display market is expected to grow at an average annual rate of 7.8%, from US$8.86 billion last year to US$12.63 billion in 2027. By type, the market share of automotive OLEDs is expected to rise from 2.8% last year to 17.2% in 2027. The proportion of liquid crystal displays, which accounted for 97.2 percent of the automotive display market last year, is expected to gradually decline.
- City of Hope: Scientists have developed a targeted chemotherapy drug AOH1996 that can kill all solid malignancies. The researchers tested AOH1996 in more than 70 cancer cell lines and several groups of normal cells. The end result was that AOH1996 triggered the death of cancer cells without interrupting the reproductive cycle of healthy stem cells.
- Orders for new product tankers in 2023 soared 337%.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: In the first half of the year, the national lithium battery output exceeded 400GWh, a year-on-year increase of more than 43%, and the industry’s revenue reached 600 billion yuan. In terms of lithium batteries, the output of energy storage batteries exceeds 75GWh, and the installed capacity of power batteries for new energy vehicles is about 152GWh. The export value of lithium battery products increased by 69% year-on-year.
- TrendForce: In July, the price of power batteries in China remained stable. The average prices of automotive square ternary batteries, iron-lithium batteries, and soft-pack ternary power batteries were basically the same as last month, respectively 0.73 yuan/Wh and 0.65 yuan/Wh Wh and 0.78 yuan/Wh, the market demand for power batteries is weak.
- Counterpoint: In the second quarter, smartphone sales in China fell by 4% year-on-year. Among them, vivo, relying on the strong performance of the S17 and other series of mobile phones, occupied 17.7% of the market share, ranking first, and maintaining the leading position in the “VO Rongmi” market structure. During the 618 period this year, X Fold2 and X Flip ranked the top two in the sales list of folding screen mobile phones.
- Ministry of Industry and Information Technology: In the first half of the year, the national output of polysilicon, silicon wafers, batteries, and components reached a new high, with a year-on-year increase of more than 65%. The total export volume of photovoltaic products reached 28.92 billion US dollars, a year-on-year increase of 11.6%. In the polysilicon segment, the national output exceeded 606,000 tons, a year-on-year increase of 66.1%. In terms of silicon wafers, the national output exceeded 253.4GW, a year-on-year increase of 65.8%.
- Securities Daily: Large cylindrical batteries have the advantages of high energy density, high safety, and long life, and are one of the priority solutions for both performance and economy. Since Tesla released the 4680 large cylindrical battery, CATL, Yiwei Lithium Energy, Envision Power and other domestic battery factories have set foot in one after another. At present, the large cylindrical battery market has not yet formed a situation of “one company dominates”.
- Seven pumped storage power stations in five southern provinces generated 50.43 million kWh in a single day, and the daily power generation exceeded 50 million kWh for the first time, setting a record high for many years.
- The Ministry of Finance and the State Administration of Taxation: Issued the “Announcement on Continuing the Implementation of Relevant Policies and Conditions for Venture Capital Enterprises and Angel Investor Individual Investment in Start-up Technology Enterprises”. For the conditions that start-up technology-based enterprises need to meet, the number of employees will continue to be no more than 300, the total assets and annual sales revenue will not exceed 50 million yuan, and other stipulated conditions will remain unchanged.
- Zhejiang, Jiangsu, Sichuan, etc. have implemented the eighth batch of selected varieties of national centralized drug procurement. At present, 39 selected drugs in the centralized procurement have landed in 31 provinces, autonomous regions and municipalities, with an average price reduction of 56%. It is estimated that the country can save 16.7 billion yuan per year. This year will also carry out the fourth batch of centralized procurement of high-value medical consumables, mainly for intraocular lenses for ophthalmology and sports medicine consumables for orthopedics.
- AMD CEO Lisa Su: Nvidia adjusted its H100 chip to comply with the U.S. Department of Commerce’s restrictions on sales of advanced AI semiconductors to China. AMD is considering a similar strategy to export MI300 and older MI250 chip products to China.
- Samsung: The quotation for 512Gb NAND flash wafers will increase to $1.60, an increase of about 15% from the price of $1.40 in early 2023.
- WeChat: “Little Green Book” is being tested. The original intention is to make it easier for video account creators to publish short content with pictures and texts and improve the efficiency of users in obtaining information.
- After Xiaopeng, Volkswagen’s Jetta brand is negotiating cooperation with Leapmotor. If the cooperation is reached, Jetta will focus on the economical electric vehicle market.
- Amazon has opened a new robotic distribution center in Detroit, Michigan, to expand its operations and logistics network in the United States, supporting Amazon’s 10 distribution and sorting centers and 13 delivery stations in Michigan.
- Temu will launch the Middle East site in August.
- CMA CGM Group: The second quarter financial report released shows that CMA CGM’s second quarter profit was US$1.33 billion, compared with US$7.6 billion in the same period last year, a year-on-year decrease of 82%. Revenue in the second quarter was US$12.3 billion, compared to US$19.4 billion in the same period last year, a year-on-year decrease of 36.9%.
- BYD: On the 1st, according to BYD’s announcement, the sales volume of BYD’s new energy vehicles in July was 262,200, compared with 162,500 in the same period last year; the cumulative sales this year (January to July) reached 1,517,800, a year-on-year increase of 88.81% , Overseas sales of new energy passenger vehicles totaled 18,169 in July.
- Twitter: Rebranded as X in the Apple App Store
- Global rice supplies face new threats following a ban by India, the world’s largest rice exporter. The Thai government is encouraging farmers to switch to other crops that require less water. Thailand is the world’s second largest rice exporter.
- Russia: In July, grain exports reached 5.68 million tons, a record high, which was 1.6 times that of the same period last year. Among them, the export of wheat was 4.54 million tons, which also hit a new high. Russia exported wheat to 33 countries around the world, compared to 26 in the same period last year.
- Argentina used yuan to repay $1.7 billion in debt. Recently, Argentine Minister of Economy Massa announced that the Argentine government will repay the due debt of 2.7 billion U.S. dollars to the International Monetary Fund, of which 1 billion U.S. dollars will be provided by the Latin American Development Bank, and the other 1.7 billion U.S. dollars will be used in Chinese and Argentine currencies. Equivalent RMB payment under the swap agreement.